• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Sharpness of Our Forged Cutlery - A Cautionary Tale

I had a reputation of always cutting myself. It seemed that every time I turned around I would cut myself when preparing dinner. Then I got the PC knives. My DH was alarmed when he saw how sharp they were (this was before the forged) but amazingly once I started using SHARP knives I wasn't getting cut any more. It seems the duller knives slipped and that's how it would happen.So, if you're still using dull knives, be careful and use a sharper one on delicate fruit.
leftymac
Well, not that there is, but if there was ever any doubt as to the sharpness of our forged cutlery, let me lay it to rest now. Tonight I was slicing kiwi and I decided to get all fancy and try some gourmet knifework...yes, you see where this is going...

I managed to slice off a good-sized portion of my middle finger tip, including some of the nail! After a nice visit to the ER I am back home all bandaged up. Let me tell you...it is hard to type with a wrapped up middle finger!

I wonder if that little piece that was chopped off will grow back...

OUCH! Hope your finger gets to feeling better! I cut myself at a show with the Apple Wedger! Good thing I wear gloves! LOL

Cookin Kristen said:
OUCH! Hope your finger gets to feeling better! I cut myself at a show with the Apple Wedger! Good thing I wear gloves! LOL

I will also add that it isn't fun to see your fingertip lying on the counter. :thumbdown:

Which knife did you use?? I've sliced off the edge of my thumb and finger nail with both the serrated peeler and the tomato knife. Along with a slice down the center of my thumb from the apple wedger (no wonder it warns you not to push back through!) and a beautiful V-shape slice on my fore finger with the V-shape cutter.

At least it wasn't at a show!

wadesgirl said:
Which knife did you use?? I've sliced off the edge of my thumb and finger nail with both the serrated peeler and the tomato knife. Along with a slice down the center of my thumb from the apple wedger (no wonder it warns you not to push back through!) and a beautiful V-shape slice on my fore finger with the V-shape cutter.

At least it wasn't at a show!

It was the forged cutlery santoku knife. That beast is sharp!

leftymac said:
It was the forged cutlery santoku knife. That beast is sharp!
Oooh!!! It's not wonder you took off so much! I'm actually scared of that knife (reminents of my childhood!). I like it but I barely use it because I am so afraid to cut myself. Next time, use one of the smaller knives on your more delecate fruit. Might save you a finger or two!

wadesgirl said:
Oooh!!! It's not wonder you took off so much! I'm actually scared of that knife (reminents of my childhood!). I like it but I barely use it because I am so afraid to cut myself. Next time, use one of the smaller knives on your more delecate fruit. Might save you a finger or two!

It's what I get for trying to go all Top Chef on my kiwi. I was cutting apart a pineapple too so I figured why dirty two knives? Washing an additional knife vs. spending 2 hours in the ER......hmm.

leftymac said:
Well, not that there is, but if there was ever any doubt as to the sharpness of our forged cutlery, let me lay it to rest now. Tonight I was slicing kiwi and I decided to get all fancy and try some gourmet knifework...yes, you see where this is going...

I managed to slice off a good-sized portion of my middle finger tip, including some of the nail! After a nice visit to the ER I am back home all bandaged up. Let me tell you...it is hard to type with a wrapped up middle finger!

I wonder if that little piece that was chopped off will grow back...

It will grow back........mine did anyway. LOL.

OUCH!
Feel better Keith!

Ouch! Sorry you did that.

I had a reputation of always cutting myself. It seemed that every time I turned around I would cut myself when preparing dinner. Then I got the PC knives. My DH was alarmed when he saw how sharp they were (this was before the forged) but amazingly once I started using SHARP knives I wasn't getting cut any more. It seems the duller knives slipped and that's how it would happen.

I now use the forged knives every day and so far so good - but I am careful because of stories like this. My point is: don't be afraid of our sharp knives, respect them.

I have cut myself on the apple wedger though - taking it out of my crate!:eek:

Ewwww. Sorry to hear about your accident.

I've got a really good scar from the US&G and have cut myself (just not seriously) on most everything we sell that is sharp.

One question, are you now "righty"mac?

chefjeanine said:
Ewwww. Sorry to hear about your accident.

I've got a really good scar from the US&G and have cut myself (just not seriously) on most everything we sell that is sharp.

One question, are you now "righty"mac?

Haha...nope still lefty! I chopped the finger on my right hand since I hold the knife with my left. It's the kiwi's fault anyway...it wasn't as ripe as it should've been. Maybe I need to get the hold and slice for cutting those little fruits!

Related to Experience the Sharpness of Our Forged Cutlery - A Cautionary Tale

1. What makes Pampered Chef's forged cutlery different from other brands?

Pampered Chef's forged cutlery is made from high-quality German steel, which is known for its durability and sharpness. Our knives go through a 3-step forging process that creates a strong, full-tang blade that is able to hold a sharp edge for longer. They are also hand-polished for a smooth finish and laser-tested for precision cutting.

2. How do I care for my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

To ensure the longevity of your knives, we recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water and drying them immediately. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or placing them in the dishwasher, as this can damage the blade. Store them in a knife block or sheath to protect the sharp edge.

3. Can I sharpen my Pampered Chef forged knives at home?

Yes, you can sharpen your knives at home with a sharpening stone or a honing steel. We also offer a knife sharpening service for a small fee. However, our forged cutlery is designed to maintain its sharpness for a long time, so you may not need to sharpen them frequently.

4. Are Pampered Chef forged knives worth the investment?

Absolutely! Our forged cutlery is not only made from high-quality materials, but it is also designed to last for years with proper care. The sharpness and precision of our knives make cooking and meal prep tasks much easier and more enjoyable. Plus, our knives come with a lifetime guarantee, so you can trust in the quality of our products.

5. Can I purchase individual knives or do I have to buy a set?

You can purchase individual knives or choose from our various sets that include a selection of knives and other kitchen tools. We offer a variety of options to fit your specific needs and budget. You can also add on additional knives to a set at any time. Check out our website or catalog for our full selection of forged cutlery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips