• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expanding Out of My Area: Can I Travel for Shows?

In summary, Melissa is looking to expand her business by traveling to new areas for shows, but is worried about the expense and time it takes to do so. She recommends finding recruits in the area and then letting them take the lead in promoting the show.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
do you travel for your shows?
I was thinking of placing flyers on cars at a mall, but the mall itself is about 45 miles away.
I am looking to expand out of my area, just don't know where, or how far.

I like to make a boundary for myself like not driving more than 1.5 hours for a show...unless it is a fabulous friend and she will let me stay the night. You kind of have to gauge how many shows you can have in your area - especially if you are in a small one - and how much you are willing to spend on gas. The mileage is tax deductable, but I'm not sure how to do the gas because I use my car for PC and personal stuff. If you want to expand your business - especially recruiting - then you need to expand your traveling circle.

The most I have traveled is 1800 miles one way!! Granted that is not the norm, for me 60 miles round trip is the norm.

soonerchef said:
The most I have traveled is 1800 miles one way!! Granted that is not the norm, for me 60 miles round trip is the norm.

Wow!!!

Where did you go?

Was it worth the trip?

Be sure to check with the mall administration first, many places prohibit flyer distribution.

I have gone as far as Alaska (I'm in CA). However when you do out of town shows you really can insist on a higher number of guests. I have a found that when the host knows that I am driving far she usually does a better job getting people there. And like someone else said it is a great way to get recruits! (Yes, I have one is Alaska!)

Rather than looking for shows far away, look for recruits. Then, they can be your "franchise" in the new area without you having to travel so far. Drive once to get your recruit onboard, then let her get the area!

The most I have traveled one way was 67miles, however I generally have the rule no longer than an 11/2 hours in the car. I start to get cranky and not good.

Now all my shows with this are high shows, the lowest was $800. Which is totally worth it to me. You have the right to work your biz, how you want. I know several consultants that won't travel more than a 1/2 hour and that's their choice.

Melissa didn't you say you were in the Palm Springs area, so are you thinking of traveling up to Banning. If that is were you were thinking personally I would, there could be a huge amount of biz. I have done 3 shows down there and I am in N. Cali. I have family that live down there and we do shows every time I pass through!

kapooh1210 said:
Wow!!!

Where did you go?

Was it worth the trip?

We went to MA, my SIL's SIL (we are very close, I don't talk to my SIL but I do talk with her SIL almost every week...bizarre but oh well) and she had been wanting to have a show so instead of flying up there to visit with family and friends we drove so that I could do her show. It was worth it...we ended up with a decent show and she was very happy...hopefully I have converted a self-confesed Williams Sonoma addict!

I only been a half an hour away.....considering I live in one of the smallest states....LOL I have been thinking of traveling farther, Just afraid to.:)

Living in the Chicago Suburbs, it really isn't the miles I am concerned about, but the traffic pattern, sometimes my show is only 30 miles away, but Friday night rush hour could take me 1 1/2 hours to get there. A lot of strategy will go into scheduling my shows.

2,924 miles!Most of my shows are 1 hour or less by car, but one of my first shows was for my husband's relatives in San Jose, California. ( I live on the East Coast in New Jersey!). It was my first $1,000 show!

WOW,
I thought driving 20 minutes was long. I think my whole thing is getting a large show. Driving that far for a small show is just useless, especially w/ gas prices, and I drive an Expedition. The gas is killing me right now!!!

1. Can I travel for shows outside of my current area?

Yes, you can travel for shows outside of your current area as long as it is within the company’s guidelines and policies. However, you may need to discuss with your team leader or consultant to ensure that it is feasible and profitable for you to do so.

2. What are the guidelines for traveling for shows?

The guidelines for traveling for shows vary depending on the location and type of show. It is important to check with your team leader or consultant for specific guidelines and requirements. Generally, you may need to consider factors such as transportation, lodging, and show fees.

3. How do I find shows to attend outside of my area?

You can find shows outside of your area by networking with other consultants, checking with your team leader or consultant for recommendations, and researching online for events and trade shows in your desired location. You can also reach out to local businesses or organizations to inquire about hosting a Pampered Chef show.

4. Can I use my own products when traveling for shows?

Yes, you can use your own products when traveling for shows. However, it is recommended to check with your team leader or consultant for any specific guidelines or restrictions. You may also need to consider the logistics of transporting your products to the show location.

5. How can I make traveling for shows more profitable?

To make traveling for shows more profitable, you can consider offering special discounts or promotions for customers who attend your shows outside of your area. You can also network with other consultants in the area to share resources and potentially split costs. Additionally, you can advertise and promote your show in the local area to attract more attendees and potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laureldi
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Illine Smith
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ngokxit
  • KarenMarie