• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting New Products: My Honest Opinions on SAT Level 2 and Seasonings

In summary, the metal sheet is heavy and the pinch bowls are smaller than expected. The green bar board is very cute, and the collapsible bowl is free with the November recruiting incentive. The Furry Guy was impressed with the Pinch Bowls and thought they would be very useful. He also likes the new products, but was disappointed in the new grilling cookbook.
heat123
Silver Member
I just got my SAT level 2 and have to say I am impressed with how heavy the metal sheet is (totally not a cheap ecko ?spelling? brand). And I like the pinch bowls, alot smaller than I imagined. And can't wait to try all the new seasonings! And I can't wait to order that collapsable bowl on sample supply! BTW, can we order samples now?

OH and I soo want the 16pc dots dinner ware!

What do you like so far?

Last edited:
yes!!! I placed my order yesterday.

I like the pinch bowls, new seasonings, new scrapers, cookware protectors and lots more.

The green though...very green.

Sweet I just ordered my Collapsable bowl! :)

I really like the pinch bowls the best. They look like they will work great for salt, fresh cracked peper, and more!

LOVE the pinch bowls.. too cute to scoot!

I love the green bar board too. Very cute for a picnic basket or Easter Basket. Would also to use as a gift with a dots cup and wrap them together.

Ordering the collapsible bowl for sure. But let me ask this about the pinch bowls ... I can see myself, as a PC Consultant, using them for demo; but, why would a customer buy them?

I'd say anyone who cooks and does prepping and needs their salt, herbs etc measured out beforehand.

The Furry Guy was very impressed with the Pinch Bowls. He likes the spouts and lids. He told me he thought lots of people would use them to make sure they don't forget ingredients, "kind of like they do on cooking shows."I'm enjoying playing with my new toys.I ordered the collapsible bowl today. I was listening to the CD today, and they mentioned using it in the collapsed state for chips and dip. I took a look at the catalog, and it looks like you could easily use it that way. I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

raebates said:
The Furry Guy was very impressed with the Pinch Bowls. He likes the spouts and lids. He told me he thought lots of people would use them to make sure they don't forget ingredients, "kind of like they do on cooking shows."

I'm enjoying playing with my new toys.

I ordered the collapsible bowl today. I was listening to the CD today, and they mentioned using it in the collapsed state for chips and dip. I took a look at the catalog, and it looks like you could easily use it that way. I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)
I know, and that's exactly what I thought to use it for when not as a bowl but for chips and dip!

They showed a picture of the bowl somewhere as a peanut bowl. You put the whole shell peanuts in the bowl part and the shells in the collapsed part when you are done.

wadesgirl said:
They showed a picture of the bowl somewhere as a peanut bowl. You put the whole shell peanuts in the bowl part and the shells in the collapsed part when you are done.
I think that was shown in the S/S SE consultant newsletter. Looks like it has a lot of uses!
I'm really excited, I'm getting it for free because of the November recruiting incentive! I earned that one and the $100.00 for promoting to future director! I haven't received recruiting promotions in a long time, so it was definetly cool to earn those!
Both my recruit and I are sceduled to get our Bowl and green knife on Tuesday!:)

Last edited:
raebates said:
I ordered the collapsible bowl today. I was listening to the CD today, and they mentioned using it in the collapsed state for chips and dip. I took a look at the catalog, and it looks like you could easily use it that way. I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

Market this bowl to people you know who camp! I'm thinking I can sell a bunch of them to all my family members who have trailers when we go camping this Memorial Day weekend. They are big bowls that take up so little space!!

I love the pinch bowls. I think they will be very useful, but that many customers will just buy them because they are cute. Really. Do you remember when they announced the Easy Read Mini Measuring Cup and nearly the entire room said "Awwww"? I'm guessing that's the reaction when the pinch bowls went up on the screen at Leadership. Am I right?

I actually really like the new products, and the green is more palatable in person (some of the pics did not make it appealing to me). The one thing I was totally unimpressed with is the new grilling cookbook. I was hoping for more recipes using OUR rubs and spices, especially the new ones, but most of them use others (including cayenne pepper :yuck: ). From the first read through, they also seem fairly complex. Maybe it's just me... I'll guess I'll wait to see if I'm into trying any out.

I did like the recipe that came with the medium sheet pan. I don't have it in front of me, but it sounded scruptious! Chicken breasts, ham and swiss cheese. :D Yum!

Now, I just have to wait for the samples I ordered to arrive. Oh, the fun!!

Hmmm, I thought I had posted last night, but now don't see my post......

Here is what I am loving:

My personal favorite at this point (it's all still so new!) are the new Dots mugs and Salad plates! My new mug hasn't left my side since I unpacked and washed it! I love hot drinks - coffee and green tea mostly - and the big round mugs were just too big. My drink was cold before I was finished every time.....so I never used them for drinks.....I've always wished PC had smaller mugs (other than the old square ones). The salad plates are the perfect size, not just for salads, but for dinner plates for DS and I! I'm really thinking I'm going to get the 16 pc set - I have 2 of everything all ready, and then I'd have 6 place settings.

I am more and more excited about the rubs every day! I just watched the Spring into Success DVD - and loved the ideas on there, and also in the new SB cookbook.
Plus, I am THRILLED with the new Grilling Cookbook! So many recipes I want to try - too bad we have 2 feet of snow, and the deck is buried in snow! I am excited with all of the recipes that use the new rubs - and also I am loving my Grill Basket! I've always wanted something like that...and I am eager to try the Moroccan Meatballs with Couscous, among many other recipes!

I'm liking playing with my green paring knife - it's very sharp!

I used the SS medium pan to make a homemade BBQ chicken pizza, and it performed very well, and washed up beautifully - didn't put it in the dishwasher, because it washed up so well by hand.

I love the green! I love color - and to have bits of color like this just makes me smile.:) I also love that the microfiber dishcloths are available ~ I now have 3 new ones, and that makes me very happy.

I'm also happy that we have some smaller chefs tools - the other ones were just too big and awkward for me to use, but these are just about right.

Oh - and I like the cookware protectors - great for the Trifle Bowl too!

I think what I am most excited about are the new Theme Shows and Show Format Ideas. I'm excited about the salads and easy desserts themes, and the additions to the other 3 theme shows all look great - and I am thrilled with the streamlined Power Cooking Show - complete with professional looking recipes and invitations! And I can't wait to get my Interactive Show DVD!

I agree with Jeanine that people will buy the pinch bowls because they think they're cute and they have lids. I very much like microfiber towels and the size of the wash cloth, but I am not fond of the color. That's putting it nicely. I used the wash cloth to clean my glasses last night and it worked wonders. Don't care for dots, but I'm glad I earned the mugs so I can show them. I didn't want to pay for any dots items. Love the new hot pad especially because I thought the silicone ones were too small for the stones. Overwhelmed with the boxes of new products and paper work at this point. I'll get more into it as I become more ready for March. I still have 5 shows to close for January and five February shows. My house is messy, and I don't have anywhere to store these new things yet.

Pinch bowls are adorable b/c they are so small and cute with their little lids. Not sure how much I will actually use them at home though.

Love the new pot holder thingy. Very practical.

I was at Costco today and saw a set of three collapsible bowls. The biggest one looked like ours but they had blue and red. Maybe PC will add to it if it's a good seller.

I just used the Greek rub to make dinner - it was FABULOUS!! And super easy. I cut 2 boneless chicken breasts into strips and tossed them with a little oil and some of the Greek rub to coat. Cooked those in the grill pan. Served it with rice made in the rice cooker (with broth instead of water) and some tomato sauce with the rub in it.

You are so creative, Ann. I am jealous of those of you who can make up recipes. I tend to follow directions and after a while add and subtract ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

A great book for getting used to cooking without a book is....How to Cook Without a Book (yep, that's the actual title). The author is Pam Anderson (no, not that Pam Anderson). After going thru the book and testing some of the 'recipes/formulas', I can now come home and put together a pretty darn tasty meal without referring to book. (Unlike some talented individuals on the website, it doesn't come natural to me!)
leggy

We love both Greek and Moroccan foods so I cant wait to try the new rubs! I love my dots mugs and am going to order another set - Im thinking of going all out and ordering the 16pc set - the quality is just awesome.

Love the smaller cooks tools - hated the larger ones (just to big and ackward), LOVE the pinch bowls - my DH was so funny when I unpacked them and he saw the itty-bitty bowl, he said "what leftover is going to fit in that"! LOL. The green is BRIGHT! For the summer I am sure it will be cute but it is going to have to grow on me - and I usually love green but this is shocking!

I personally could do without the green products, as for some reason, hate the color green. But really, that shouldn't be too surprising as my favorite color is blue. LOLWhenever I buy a new car I tell the dealer, I don't care what is on the car as long as it isn't green. LOL

Debala715 said:
I personally could do without the green products, as for some reason, hate the color green. But really, that shouldn't be too surprising as my favorite color is blue. LOL

Whenever I buy a new car I tell the dealer, I don't care what is on the car as long as it isn't green. LOL

That's too funny! When I was a child, my mother hated green, too. She said it's because she had gotten sick of it when she had, green carpet, a green car, and even green furniture all at the same time!:grumpy:
Her big comment was, "The only thing that looks good in green is MONEY!":balloon:

Paula

Not a Big Fan of the Bright green either but perhaps others will!?! I like the green knives color better but there were some guests who didn't care for it.. to each his own I guess.

My family dubbed it "Soylent Green".

I am really excited about the new seasonings & the grill basket. I hope that grill basket cleans up nicely in the dishwasher. We'll see. We do a lot of grilled veggies & shrimp, and that looks like it will be easier than soaking skewers in water, with the same result.

Ann, that recipe you made up sounds great!

Last edited:
chefann said:
I just used the Greek rub to make dinner - it was FABULOUS!! And super easy. I cut 2 boneless chicken breasts into strips and tossed them with a little oil and some of the Greek rub to coat. Cooked those in the grill pan. Served it with rice made in the rice cooker (with broth instead of water) and some tomato sauce with the rub in it.

Ann,
This sounds great! But, I'm confused...did you add tomato sauce to the rice? Along with additional rub?:confused:
Also, did the food have a "minty" taste to it? I thought the rub really smelled "minty", so I've been wondering how it actually tastes!!

Thanks!
Paula:angel:

Oh, my son sprinkled the Greek rub on one of his sandwiches the day it came...we have used Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle in the past.

He actually had to go back & sprinkle more, since he didn't get enough the first time & liked it.

I'm such a "PC Sucker" - I love everything! ;) I can't wait to use the Outdoor Party Sticks - I think I'm gonna have to order another set of those! I love how they have little colored plastic tips to keep track of who's drink is whos'!

I'm loving the Cookware Protectors, too - I'm DEFINITELY ordering a bunch more of those (don't want to scratch any of my nice Exec. cookware!).

I haven't tried the new Wine Bottle Opener yet, but I can tell it will be so much better than the old one. My mom and other people have been complaining about the old one a lot lately (and they keep breaking my foil cutter b/c they leave it in when they try to take out the cork!), so I'm very glad they redesigned this.

I'm planning to order 2 of the 16 piece Dots place settings, but not just yet. Maybe one set in Feb, and one set in April for replenishment. It's a lot of $ to spend, but I love them and they'll go perfect in my kitchen!

I love the Plate Caddy and can't wait to get that - just ordered it on my sample order (I earned Level 3). I have 2 sets of the Outdoor Party Plates & Utensils, and use them a TON in the spring/summer, so they are right up my alley. Love the matching cups, the serving spoons, and the collapsible bowl, too (can't wait to get that - just ordered that, too!).

I guess the only things I'm not that enthused about are the new scrapers (???) and the Colander/Bowl Set. I just don't see the point. I liked the old C/B set and just wished they had included the lids in that set, but whatever. They're ok. The scrapers look a little odd to me.

I'm ok with the green - it's very spring/summery, so it's fine with me, plus it goes with the outdoor stuff that I love. I can't wait to get the Grill Basket and try some shrimp and veggies in it!

I wish they had told us we were going to be able to get cranberry linen napkins before I ordered a whole set of the white!! I would have much preferred the cranberry, and I still may order a whole set of them anyway. White just gets too dirty for me, and cranberry is my "color" in my LR/DR/Kitchen.

Pinch Bowls - very cute, and I'll probably sell a bunch, but not sure if I'll actually use them myself - we'll see.

SO glad they brought back the avocado peeler, but mad that they're getting rid of the guacamole mix. :rolleyes:

I think that's all of my opinions. Everything else I have to try first to see how I like it.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Ann,
This sounds great! But, I'm confused...did you add tomato sauce to the rice? Along with additional rub?:confused:
Also, did the food have a "minty" taste to it? I thought the rub really smelled "minty", so I've been wondering how it actually tastes!!

Thanks!
Paula:angel:
I spooned a little tomato sauce over the rice. Detroit has a GREAT Greektown neighborhood, and all the restaurants there serve tomato sauce over their rice. When I heated the sauce, I sprinkled in a little bit of the rub so it would have the same flavors as the chicken.

It was very slightly minty, but that's because there's probably mint in the rub. Mint is a common herb in Greek cooking. I think it smells stronger than it tastes, because it's not so strong that it's like eating gum and chicken at the same time. :D (Yuck!)

It was SOOOOO GOOD!! Even DH and the birds liked it! (The birds got a very small piece of chicken and a little scoop of rice, no sauce.)

Well, The Furry Guy picked up a bottle of wine on Saturday so we could test out the new Wine Bottle Opener. It was strictly in the interest of research, of course. ;) It works really well. The only comment he had was that, because the corkscrew goes all the way through the cork, you can't use the cork to save any leftover wine. I reminded him that you're not really supposed to use that anyway. We have wine saver stoppers for that very purpose.

I got the cutting board/knife and the Greek seasoning. I like the green, but just for splashes of color. It would bee too much as an actual color for a room/decor. The Greek seasoning - not so crazy about the smell, but I'll give it a try before I make an actual decision.

pkd09 said:
Ordering the collapsible bowl for sure. But let me ask this about the pinch bowls ... I can see myself, as a PC Consultant, using them for demo; but, why would a customer buy them?

Thank you! I thought I was the only one wondering this. When I'm in my kitchen cooking, I just put the stuff in the bowl I'm mixing, not put it in a little bowl first and then dump it in:)

So, I'm glad you asked.

kspry said:
I am really excited about the new seasonings & the grill basket. I hope that grill basket cleans up nicely in the dishwasher. We'll see. We do a lot of grilled veggies & shrimp, and that looks like it will be easier than soaking skewers in water, with the same result.

Ann, that recipe you made up sounds great!

The grill basket will go like hot cakes with my circle of friends and family. I can't wait to tell them.

buzz26 said:
Thank you! I thought I was the only one wondering this. When I'm in my kitchen cooking, I just put the stuff in the bowl I'm mixing, not put it in a little bowl first and then dump it in:)

So, I'm glad you asked.

There is a nice paragraph in the new catalog, on the page with the pinch bowls, that gives a good explanation of why they can be helpful. Still, we'll see.

I think they will be great for show demos though!

I guess the only things I'm not that enthused about are the new scrapers (???) and the Colander/Bowl Set. I just don't see the point. I liked the old C/B set and just wished they had included the lids in that set, but whatever. They're ok. The scrapers look a little odd to me.

I don't get it either. It still doesn't make sense to me, to discontinue the cranberry scrapers and bring out more different ones in cranberry while still keeping the cranberry stoneware. The colander set just doesn't look that great in the catalog. Unless that picture is very deceiving, it looks cheap.

I don't get the need for the avocado peeler either. I've always just used a spoon and knife and it works fine. lol Again, I don't get the point of bringing this back while discontinuing the guacamole seasoning. It's like one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. :confused:

The pinch bowls..I can't see myself using them either. I have enough dishes to wash with two kids! For demos, it would be helpful. For home, a waste of time and energy.

The grill basket is first on my list! It looks awesome. Actually, the shrimp in it do, too. lol I love shrimp. :p

The dots stuff, I just don't like. There's nothing about it that's appealing to me. It reminds me of kids' dishes for some reason. I'm not a 'dot' person anyway but these just don't do it for me.

The green is just too dang bright. I like bold colors but not that one. It just doesn't seem to fit in for some reason. It was a shock to my eyes when I opened that package even though I expected bright from the pics. lol

The outdoor stuff looks pretty cool. I like the tumblers and the party sticks.

All in all, not bad stuff, just not particularly my taste so to each his/her own. :)

I just ordered package C and D and open stock pinch bowls, grill basket, collaspable bowl and green nylon knife. Wanted the 10" saute pan but that's going to have to wait. Cannot wait to get more new products!!!

I'm building a deck this spring and I can't wait to use all the new spring stuff. I have 4 shows booked for March and I'm so excited.

1. What are the new products available for purchase?

Some of our exciting new products include the SAT Level 2, seasonings, collapsible bowl, and the 16pc dots dinnerware. We also have many other new items to choose from!

2. What are your honest opinions on the SAT Level 2?

I have to say, I am very impressed with the quality of the SAT Level 2. The metal sheet is heavy and durable, unlike cheaper brands. I highly recommend it for all your cooking needs.

3. How do you like the pinch bowls?

I personally love the pinch bowls! They are smaller than I imagined, but perfect for holding spices and other small ingredients while cooking. They are also great for serving dips and sauces.

4. Can we order samples of the new products now?

Yes, you can definitely order samples of our new products now. Just contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to place an order.

5. Which new product are you most excited to try?

I am most excited to try the new seasonings. We have a variety of delicious flavors to choose from and I can't wait to add them to my dishes for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefEsther
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pampchefrhondab