• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Evites With Google Groups Address

In summary, the host gave a Google Groups e-mail address to one of her school's families. Some people are worried about the fact that they won't be able to enter each person's name on the e-vite, and that it might cause problems because so many people have RSVP'd. However, Noora suggests that the host should still invite each person individually, and that this type of message is even more impersonal than a regular e-invitation.
krahema
Has anyone sent evites from their PWS to a "Google Groups" e-mail address? One of my hosts gave me a Google Groups e-mail address that was set up for about 40 families at her school. She said it would be a lot easier to just use this, versus adding each individual e-mail address.

But, I'm wondering if it will be a problem that I won't be entering each person's name (does that show up on the e-vite that is delivered to each person's inbox?). Also, will it cause problems that we will then be getting a whole bunch of RSVP's under just one e-mail address?

I'm thinking we probably need to set up each individual e-mail.

Thanks!
Margaret

The RSVPs wouldn't work. It would register the first person's RSVP but not the future ones. That would only matter depending on how much you care about using the RSVPs on your PWS accurately.

That being said, I don't think it's going to work the way the host thinks it is. The group is probably set up for a particular purpose, and I personally would be annoyed if I was a part of such a group and received something like a Pampered Chef invitation through it (unless that was the general purpose). The reason she can't give you email addresses, is because usually the purpose of the group is to be able to communicate via email without having to share email addresses with everyone.

Even if you choose to send the invitation via this group, the host needs to make sure she personally invites everyone. This type of a message is even more impersonal than a regular e-invitation, and very easily ignored. I had a host with a similar list type guest list. She just emailed them, even though I told her she needed to personally invite them, and very few people came to the party.

Thank you Noora! That was very insightful :) I agree that people might be annoyed that we used that group for this purpose. I will go back to my host & ask for individual e-mail addresses and stress the point that she needs to still have some sort of individual contact with each invitee.

Thank you!

What is an Evite with Google Groups Address?

An Evite with Google Groups Address is a digital invitation that uses Google Groups as the recipient list. This means that you can easily create and send invitations to multiple people at once by simply adding them to your Google Group.

How do I create an Evite with Google Groups Address?

To create an Evite with Google Groups Address, first create a Google Group and add all the desired recipients to the group. Then, go to your Evite account and select the option to create a new invitation. Under the "Recipient List" section, choose the option to use a Google Group and select the group you want to use. Finish creating your invitation as usual and it will automatically be sent to all members of the Google Group.

Can I customize the Evite with Google Groups Address?

Yes, you can customize the Evite with Google Groups Address just like any other Evite invitation. You can add a personalized message, change the design, and even add custom fields for guests to fill out. However, keep in mind that the invitation will be sent to all members of the Google Group, so make sure your message and design are appropriate for all recipients.

How do I track RSVPs for an Evite with Google Groups Address?

You can track RSVPs for an Evite with Google Groups Address by going to your Evite account and viewing the invitation. You will be able to see a list of all the guests who have RSVP'd, as well as their responses. You can also send reminders and messages to guests through your Evite account.

Are there any limitations to using Google Groups for Evites?

Yes, there are a few limitations to using Google Groups for Evites. First, the invitation will only be sent to members of the Google Group, so make sure all desired recipients are added to the group. Also, Google Groups has a maximum limit of 100,000 members, so if you have a large guest list, you may need to split it into multiple groups. Lastly, guests who are not part of the Google Group will not receive the invitation, so make sure to communicate with them separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies