• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Had a Sit-Down Dinner at Your Show?

In summary, the host provided everything needed for a sit-down dinner including plates, cups, napkins, and cutlery.
buzz26
I know I shouldn't pick on hosts, b/c most of them really don't know how this works. I assume way too much. BUT...I just got off the phone host coaching for Sunday and she says..."do you provide everything". I said, "what exactly do you mean". She said, "you know, like plates, cups, etc".

You kinda had to hear her, but it was really funny!

buzz26 said:
I know I shouldn't pick on hosts, b/c most of them really don't know how this works. I assume way too much. BUT...I just got off the phone host coaching for Sunday and she says..."do you provide everything". I said, "what exactly do you mean". She said, "you know, like plates, cups, etc".

You kinda had to hear her, but it was really funny!

Yikes....that's priceless!:angel:

I have done "show in a bag" gifts for bookings received at show in the past.

When someone booked a show with a date within a month or so, I would give them a gift bag which contained their host pack but also paper plates, napkins & forks. It has pretty much everything for a show and all the host has to think about is her guests and the ingredients. It worked well for a while then fizzled like all things do. It was a neat concept at the time though

I don't provide everything, but lately I've been taking the appetizer plates, so they don't need to get plates. And in the summer I take the outdoor party plates and utensils. Most hosts seem to 'get it' that they'll need to provide dishes, cups and napkins.

I think the funniest part was me stumbling over my words. Just wasn't expecting that question.

Yeah- it's so unexpected. :)

I provide a menu selection sheet each season. This has 3 choices each of appetizers, dessert, or main dish. Additionally, my sheet clearly indicates that the host provides the ingredients for 1 recipe (2 max, but not recommended). And, the sheet reminds them that they will need to provide a beverage(s) of their choice AND serving items such as plates and cutlery. I also go over this info in my final host coaching call.

I have done this method for over 400 shows and never had someone expect me to provide everything...but, I've seen just about everything else so now at least I won't be surprised if someone asks this question!

Can you imagine having to haul in plates, napkins, cups to a show:)

chefann said:
Most hosts seem to 'get it' that they'll need to provide dishes, cups and napkins.

I provide the food for the cooking show and bring M&Ms and Nuts to use with the Simple Addition pieces and that is it. I tell my hosts that if they want to provide anything beyond that like drinks and other snack items that is entirely up to them. I also let the host know that they should have disposable plates, cups, and napkins on hand as well. I ALWAYS let them know what to expect up front. You can't assume that every host is going to know this information unless you coach them. :D

I agree - my comment was meant more as an observation that I've rarely (maybe once or twice) had a host who seemed surprised that she had to have some kind of plates and cups. I let my hosts know that if money is an issue, they don't have to buy paper plates, but then they'll have to have "real" dishes clean for us to use. And have to wash them when we're done.

Ever had a sit-down dinner at your show?My Sunday evening show was for my aunt. She felt that it would be easier to get people to come if she fed them. No problem. I often have hosts who put on a bit of a spread.I arrive to find that both dinner tables have been set with the good dishes. (My aunt lives very comfortably, so when I say "dinner tables" and "good dishes," picture something worthy of Martha Stewart.) She tells me that she didn't want people to have to hold the food on their laps. Okaaaaay . . . .Fifteen minutes before the start of the show she tells me the vegetables aren't done yet, so she wants me to start at 7 (the official start time), and stop around 7:30 for us to eat. Thank goodness I don't do a cooking demo.So, this is how the party went. I started the show. I got about halfway through the catalog. We stopped for about 20 minutes for, literally, a sit-down dinner. She served roasted chicken breasts, roasted root vegetables, a variety of rustic breads, and individual Susie-Q cakes, along with the Caramel Apple Trifle I brought. Then, when everyone had finished eating and was drowsy from the big meal, we started the show back up.Thankfully, it was a fun crowd. We laughed a lot. With the host's order, it was over $600 with three bookings. The funny thing was that my mom had assured her that I would be thrilled that she was doing a big dinner. After all, she was sure nobody ever does that. Um, right, because the products are supposed to be the focal point. Can you tell that my mom and her sister don't really get the whole PC Party thing? :)

raebates said:
Ever had a sit-down dinner at your show?

The funny thing was that my mom had assured her that I would be thrilled that she was doing a big dinner. After all, she was sure nobody ever does that. Um, right, because the products are supposed to be the focal point. Can you tell that my mom and her sister don't really get the whole PC Party thing? :)

Yes, I have. What a nightmare. It was a few years ago and it really threw me off my game to come into a home with folding tables all set and ready for th guests to arrive.

It was a long evening and I was glad when it was over. It was a $1000 show but I don't think anyone booked. Surprise.:rolleyes:

Related to Ever Had a Sit-Down Dinner at Your Show?

Do You Provide Everything?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, this is one of the most frequently asked questions from customers. Here are the answers to the top 5 variations of this question:

1. Do I Need to Bring My Own Ingredients?

No, as a consultant, I provide all the ingredients needed for the recipe we will be making. This allows you to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the cooking experience without having to worry about shopping for ingredients.

2. Are Cooking Tools and Utensils Provided?

Yes, I will bring all the necessary cooking tools and utensils needed for the recipe. This includes pots, pans, knives, mixing bowls, and more. You won't have to worry about bringing anything except for your appetite!

3. Do You Provide the Recipe?

Absolutely! Each cooking demonstration includes a recipe card for the dish we will be making. You can take this home with you to recreate the dish and impress your friends and family.

4. Are Serving Dishes and Plates Provided?

Yes, I will provide all the necessary dishes and plates to serve the food on. This includes serving platters, bowls, and plates to make the presentation of the dish even more appetizing.

5. Can I Customize the Ingredients or Recipe?

As a consultant, I am happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences. Just let me know ahead of time and I will make the necessary adjustments to the recipe. However, please note that some changes may affect the overall taste or texture of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
colegrovet
  • Morgan032032