• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Find a Lead Through a Drive Thru?

In summary, Tiffany met a potential client in a drive thru and gave him some great advice on working in the restaurant industry.
tiffanypc05
LOL, well I was driving through the Wendy's drive thru tonight the lady at the drive through saw my business debit card and asked about pc. I booked a show(she also works with Blue cross blue shield) and may be a potential recruit. I booked a show in the last place I thought I'd ever get one. This taught me a lesson to look for recruits and shows everywhere I go. just thought this was sorta cool.

tiffanypc05 said:
LOL, well I was driving through the Wendy's drive thru tonight the lady at the drive through saw my business debit card and asked about pc. I booked a show(she also works with Blue cross blue shield) and may be a potential recruit. I booked a show in the last place I thought I'd ever get one. This taught me a lesson to look for recruits and shows everywhere I go. just thought this was sorta cool.
Way to go Tiffany:D Now thats what I call recruiting on the go. haha

Well, I was driving through Burger King and had some things on the front seat in a PC box. The man commented about PC. Too bad I didn't have a pen to write his info. Gave him a card and he never called.

Another time I had such excellent, professional, courteous service at a McDonald's that I told the young lady how great she was and that I would love to have her work with me. I discreetly handed her a mini catalog or something I could grab quickly.

My SD tells me all the time "be prepared for business wherever you go". I've never had such an opportunity in the drive thru, but I do leave business cards with the tip if a waitress gives great service. Apparently they're not too impressed with me, because no one had ever called! LOL!!! At least I'm getting my name out there!

<afterthought> sooner or later someone will call me and I'll probably fall off of my chair!! HA!

Hey Tiffany!

That's great! Congratulations!:D

Now did you book a show on the spot or did you have to get out of the car to continue the conversation? Hehe...

The key is definately to get their info. I have an awesome script for wait staff, if I can find it I'll post it.

Paige Dixon said:
The key is definately to get their info. I have an awesome script for wait staff, if I can find it I'll post it.

Yes please do! I never know what to say...get so tongue-tied and flustered...

Ditto! That would be great, Paige! I'll be looking for your post!

I think it's on my other computer...

Mike, listen want to thank you for your great service this afternoon, it's some of the best service I've had in a restaurant this year (Now at this, "Mike" should be all smiles as you've just paid him a well deserved compliment). You then proceed: Listen Mike, I own a business here in the area and always keep an eye out for sharp people and you definitely caught my attention today. Let me ask you a question: do you keep your work options open? (Now, if Mike really is a sharp, heads-up person what's he gonna say? Obviously "yes", to which you respond): Good for you, Mike. I think you'll be glad you do! Tell you what, you're working right now and I'm busy myself, I'm heading off to meet someone, but let's do this. Let me get your contact information and I'll drop you a line tommorow (or when he get's off later the same day) and give you some more information on our opportunity and who we're looking for and see if we've got a match". Then you simply write down his information and you've just generated a strong local lead. Now, what makes it so strong is this: you've had a chance to MEET your prospect personally, observe their work ethic, their personality, and their people skills. How much stronger is THAT than simply calling a prospect "cold" on the phone? This is powerful.

And it's not just limited to restaurants (although people in this industry often make excellent networkers). No, you can do this in virtually anywhere.

I haven't gotten any bookings from a drive thru but I did get my husband there!! Yes I met my dh in a drive thru!! But next I am going to try for a booking!!!

Heather

WAY to go....... that is very cool!!

Paige Dixon said:
Mike, listen want to thank you for your great service this afternoon, it's some of the best service I've had in a restaurant this year (Now at this, "Mike" should be all smiles as you've just paid him a well deserved compliment). You then proceed: Listen Mike, I own a business here in the area and always keep an eye out for sharp people and you definitely caught my attention today. Let me ask you a question: do you keep your work options open? (Now, if Mike really is a sharp, heads-up person what's he gonna say? Obviously "yes", to which you respond): Good for you, Mike. I think you'll be glad you do! Tell you what, you're working right now and I'm busy myself, I'm heading off to meet someone, but let's do this. Let me get your contact information and I'll drop you a line tommorow (or when he get's off later the same day) and give you some more information on our opportunity and who we're looking for and see if we've got a match". Then you simply write down his information and you've just generated a strong local lead. Now, what makes it so strong is this: you've had a chance to MEET your prospect personally, observe their work ethic, their personality, and their people skills. How much stronger is THAT than simply calling a prospect "cold" on the phone? This is powerful.

And it's not just limited to restaurants (although people in this industry often make excellent networkers). No, you can do this in virtually anywhere.

EXCELLENT VERBAGE! Have you any recruits from doing this? I might have to print that and keep it in my bag! THANKS!

There was no one behind me in line and I did everything at the window with her...lol I'm going back to talk to her tomorrow.

pcchris said:
My SD tells me all the time "be prepared for business wherever you go". I've never had such an opportunity in the drive thru, but I do leave business cards with the tip if a waitress gives great service. Apparently they're not too impressed with me, because no one had ever called! LOL!!! At least I'm getting my name out there!

Do you leave a note on the back of the card? As a waitress, they may not have enough extra cash flow to think they can afford PC (misperception of course), but if you compliment her on the back and give her an idea of why you left the card you are more likely to get a call!:)

I never thought about that. I'll have to start doing that too. When I leave something it's usually my business card and one of the recipe cards. Good Idea! Thanks.

I think I will hit drive thru more often!!!

Morvin said:
I haven't gotten any bookings from a drive thru but I did get my husband there!! Yes I met my dh in a drive thru!! But next I am going to try for a booking!!!

Heather

I met mine standing in a discount store on the 4th of July, waiting for the fireworks to start. We'll be married for 22 years on March 30. What a bargain! (And, yes, the sparks are still there.)

I not only booked a party inthe Taco Bell drive thru, but she ended joining my team!

Be BUSINESS READY!

Ginny

I have only given out catalogs. I will be at the ready though!

Related to Ever Find a Lead Through a Drive Thru?

1. How do I approach someone in a drive thru about Pampered Chef?

It's important to be friendly and genuine when approaching someone in a drive thru. Start by introducing yourself and mentioning that you work for Pampered Chef. Then, briefly explain what Pampered Chef is and how it can benefit them. Be sure to offer them a business card or brochure with your contact information for them to follow up with you.

2. What is the best way to start a conversation about Pampered Chef in a drive thru?

One effective way to start a conversation is by asking if they are interested in cooking or trying out new kitchen tools. You could also mention a specific product that you think they might be interested in and ask if they have ever heard of it. This can help spark their curiosity and make them more receptive to hearing about Pampered Chef.

3. How can I make sure the conversation about Pampered Chef doesn't feel too pushy?

It's important to be respectful of the person's time and not come across as too pushy. Keep the conversation light and friendly, and don't try to sell them anything on the spot. Instead, focus on building a relationship and offering to provide more information if they are interested.

4. What if the person in the drive thru is not interested in Pampered Chef?

Not everyone will be interested in Pampered Chef, and that's okay. If someone is not interested, thank them for their time and offer them a business card or brochure in case they change their mind in the future. It's also helpful to have a backup plan, such as asking if they know anyone who might be interested in Pampered Chef.

5. Is it appropriate to leave Pampered Chef materials in a drive thru?

It's generally not recommended to leave materials without the person's permission. This can come across as pushy or even littering. Instead, focus on having a conversation and offering materials if the person expresses interest. If they decline, respect their decision and move on to the next opportunity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies