• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Broke Something at a Show?

In summary, the consultant broke one of her Simple Additions Medium squares (cranberry accented one), and thinks she may have also broken her pinky finger. She was lucky to have another consultant tell her to call HO, who sent her a new square immediately. If the square is out of guarantee, she will replace it.
mpkegley
Saturday, I fell outside a hosts home and broke one of my Simple Additions Medium squares (cranberry accented one) and not to mention the fact that I think I broke my pinky finger (which is making it very hard to type)! Another consultant friend told me that I could call HO and they might replace it? Is that true? The only thing is that it might be out of guarantee. I think I got it when they first came out and it has a 1 yr guarantee. I hadn't even thought of this.

I broke my egg slicer the first time I tried to use it at a show... Lucky for me the guests were all PC pros and they were like send it back don't worry... finish up the recipe let's eat.... sorry to hear about that. Good luck getting it replaced.

I broke my microplane at a show. I didn't tell anyone that it was broken though and used it the best I could. The host tried it after me and thought she broke it. Simply called HO the next day and they sent a new one right to me. Easy enough.

When in doubt, ALWAYS call HO.

Last month I dropped the LID to my DCB and it shattered all over the lady's driveway! I was devastasted! They replaced it and gave me a whole new DCB!

A few months after I started a host was helping me get things out of the car and into the house. She obviously didn't expect the stoneware tote to be as heavy as it was, and it hit the ground. One corner of my (nicely seasoned) Large Bar Pan cracked off. Luckily, I was doing something on a pre-baked crust, so I didn't actually need the stone for the demo. I cut the corner off the crust (so nobody would eat any tiny bits of stone). Then when I got home, I had a good cry about it. HO was really great about replacing it. Tell them that you use it for demos, too, and they'll probably send out a replacement before they get back the original.

Of course, I've been using the replacement since then - 5 years. It's SUPER seasoned and I don't know what I'd do if it broke. (I've had people ask me about my metal pan, because it's so dark from seasoning.)

A prep bowl got broken in the sink at one of my shows.

HO had me send the lid back, and they sent another set of 6, which I hadn't asked for. I had asked them to replace just the one that broke. I knew they divided up sets becaues the new kit only comes with one or two, not six.

The only problem is I threw it away at the host's house. I didn't even think about getting it replaced, so I just threw it away. I wonder if they will still replace it?

Just put in an adjustment, if it's still under guarantee. If they ask for parts, tell them they were thrown away.

I certainly didn't keep any of the shards from the broken prep bowl!

kspry said:
Just put in an adjustment, if it's still under guarantee. If they ask for parts, tell them they were thrown away.

I certainly didn't keep any of the shards from the broken prep bowl!

I'm not sure when I got it, but it is probably out of guarantee. I think I will call anyway, you never know! I was so bummed when it broke because I take those to every show because I love them.

How's the finger feeling? :confused: I hope that is not broken too! Are you going to the doc?
Not to stray off topic, but I have a consultant friend who dropped something (a stone I think) at a host's home and broke 2 of the tiles on her brand new tiled kitchen floor! :eek: (They were showing off the new kitchen)

missyciccolella said:
How's the finger feeling? :confused: I hope that is not broken too! Are you going to the doc?
Not to stray off topic, but I have a consultant friend who dropped something (a stone I think) at a host's home and broke 2 of the tiles on her brand new tiled kitchen floor! :eek: (They were showing off the new kitchen)

Well, my finger is very purple and swelled. I am pretty sure that I will lose the finger nail. Actually, I think it would feel better if I did lose the nail, so it would not have so much pressure. I am not planning on going to the doc because I don't think there is much they can do about it, since it is the top part of my finger.

I would die if I broke someone's tile floor!!! I am glad I was outside when I fell down and nobody saw me (or at least I don't think anyone saw me).

Hope the fingers feels better soon! You could always go the "tough guy" approach and poke a hole in your nail to relieve pressure...my husband is in the Army so I hear all kind of stories! Actually I DON'T recommend this method! LOL

missyciccolella said:
That's why PC keeps insurance for us!

I was at a show and my stone was in the oven with food on it. I heard this pop sound and opened up the oven and my stone had broke in half.

Nicki,
My brand new Large Round Stone with Handles did that at a show, in middle of my stoneware talk, I hear a loud POP and I knew right away what it was, and I went and checked and yep, it was broke right down the middle.

I also had a person there, who said before I could, well that's why they tell you to use your products within 30 days, so if that happens, they pay to get it back, lol.

I also told them with stones, that if they're going to break usually will be within first 5 uses, not sure where I heard that, but that's what maybe my director told us that. So I tell that at my shows.

I was embarrassed when it broke and just thankful it didn't make a mess in her oven, but we had to put on metal pan to get ring out of oven without ruining it.

Lisa

Related to Ever Broke Something at a Show?

1. Can I return or exchange the broken item?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and will replace or exchange any damaged or defective products.

2. Will I have to pay for the replacement or exchange?

No, the replacement or exchange will be free of charge.

3. What if the item is out of stock?

If the item is currently out of stock, we will provide an estimated date of when it will be available for replacement or exchange.

4. Can I get a refund instead of a replacement or exchange?

In most cases, we do not offer refunds for broken items. However, our customer service team will work with you to find a satisfactory solution.

5. How do I report a broken item?

You can report a broken item by contacting our customer service team through phone or email. Please provide your order number and a photo of the broken item for faster assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joelen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • cookingwithhart
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • cbord