• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empowering Women: Exploring the Latest Issue of EW Magazine

We could not believe we got at her table! We were right next to Doris too! I sat next to Jeans husband and the first thing they ask all of us (maybe 7 or so of us) was - "Now are y'all fun...cuz to sit here, you have to be fun"!
Isn't that awesome! They were both great and so down to earth.
I have a great pic of her that I will post after conference because it contains a surprise for the Directors Dinner in it.

AJPratt said:
I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! My director and I were freaking out at the General Session when they announced it. We were the idiots waving it in the air screaming, "Got it, love it!". LOL I guess some didn't appreciate that because there was a comment made at Breakfast of Caring to Jean Jonas, who sat at the same table as me. The person who mentioned it to Jean thought it was a Wave 1 leak. I was aggravated because they were too busy being judgemental that they didn't realize it was already on news stands. You know I had to say something! I couldn't let them think that! So I took a deep breath and said. "I don't think that's neccesarily the case. My friend's boss gave it to her to read on the flight over to conference. Its been on the news stand since July 1st. When I heard about it I went to Borders and bought it on my way to the airport." The looks on their faces! :D

Anne,

Thanks for sticking up for me. It really never even dawned on me that this would be a reveal at conference. But, I think PC did not know if would be available so early in the month, because no one else knew about it and we heard from one of the men in the magazine, that it was a huge secret since February. He was not even allowed to tell his director, only his spouse knew about the magazine.

I feel really bad that Jean was told it was a leak. I really like Jean and would not want to be known as the whistle blower!

AJPratt said:
I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! My director and I were freaking out at the General Session when they announced it. We were the idiots waving it in the air screaming, "Got it, love it!". LOL I guess some didn't appreciate that because there was a comment made at Breakfast of Caring to Jean Jonas, who sat at the same table as me. The person who mentioned it to Jean thought it was a Wave 1 leak. I was aggravated because they were too busy being judgemental that they didn't realize it was already on news stands. You know I had to say something! I couldn't let them think that! So I took a deep breath and said. "I don't think that's neccesarily the case. My friend's boss gave it to her to read on the flight over to conference. Its been on the news stand since July 1st. When I heard about it I went to Borders and bought it on my way to the airport." The looks on their faces! :D

If they were soooooooo worried about keeping it under wraps, then they should have told them NOT to issue it until August 1st. Any person in this country could have seen the magazine & said something to any consultant,director,spose etc...NO ONE here did ANYTHING wrong, so please lets stop all the guilt, because NOTHING wrong happened!!:rolleyes:

Oh I dont feel any guilt and Jean ended up laughing about it. When we told her we already had a few copies, we had no idea that she did not know it was out already! We just thought we had some great reading for the plane!

I just got my copy of the magazine in the mail today. Yeah! My director also gave me one of the new mini catalogues so I could so all the products today so I'm so excited. Its like my own little mini conference day. :D

Ginger428 said:
If they were soooooooo worried about keeping it under wraps, then they should have told them NOT to issue it until August 1st. Any person in this country could have seen the magazine & said something to any consultant,director,spose etc...NO ONE here did ANYTHING wrong, so please lets stop all the guilt, because NOTHING wrong happened!!:rolleyes:

I agree! No one is guilty of anything except sharing great information from this awesome site!!!

I am sorry but I do not see the big deal over leaks. I know there is all kinds of hype about being the first to see and all that, but people are going to talk, it's only natural. I think the people on this board have done a great job of not leaking!!

As far as the magazine goes, no one can help the pucblication date the magazine sets. I guess it is like a reporter getting the "scoop" on a story before anyone else hears about it.

I did not go to conference, and maybe if I ever do get to go I will feel differently about the leaks.

If you order the Empowering Women through Pampered Chef, they are 50% off newstand when you buy a pack of 5. They retail $5.95 ea. At conference and on your fall paperwork supply order, you can get the 5 pack for $15.

How many Sleeves?
mrssyvo said:
I just finished tearing my magazine apart, trimmed it, and put it in a binder with plastic sleeves. I wish I had known about Office Max services about 2 hours ago (LOL) I gave 2 of my magazines to my recruits, and took 1 to a possible recruit to read. What a great tool this is for recruiting !!
I want to put my magazine in a binder. How many protective sleeves would I need to get?:confused:

I used about 75-

I just went to pick mine up today at Borders and they were out of stock. I guess I will order mine through PP. I just didn't want to have to wait for it.

chefkristin said:
I want to put my magazine in a binder. How many protective sleeves would I need to get?:confused:
What a really good idea, I think I'll do that! If you all have a Hastings in you area, that is where I got mine. :)

on second thought....
MissChef said:
What a really good idea, I think I'll do that! If you all have a Hastings in you area, that is where I got mine. :)
I am going to bring mine to Office Max and have them put it together. I think it will look a lot nicer.:)

Does Office Depot do that? Because the closest office max is about 45 minutes away and office depot is only about 5 miles away. I never knew you could have that type of store do that! Boy, I sure am enjoying this website! I never knew it was here! I just googled pampered chef one day and I found it and I think it is very awesome! To bad it took me 7 years to find a site like this! I just don't play on the web much!
Anyway! Thanks for the tip chefkristin!:D

okay, I am curious about taking your magazine and having it bound. My office has a binding machine and we bind things all the time. Are you talking about regular binding with the spiral on the side (the plastic ones)? Will it tear up the magazine?

75?!I didn't realize that there were so many pages.:eek: I bet it's pretty heavy.

What is everyones plans for EW? Will you be taking it to all shows or just to recruiting appts?

??
MissChef said:
Does Office Depot do that? Because the closest office max is about 45 minutes away and office depot is only about 5 miles away. I never knew you could have that type of store do that! Boy, I sure am enjoying this website! I never knew it was here! I just googled pampered chef one day and I found it and I think it is very awesome! To bad it took me 7 years to find a site like this! I just don't play on the web much!
Anyway! Thanks for the tip chefkristin!:D
I don't know if Office Depot does it or not. I have an Office Max right down the street. I hope they can do, otherwise I will stick to my original plan and get the page protectors and put it in a 3 ring binder. I also work for Staples and would you believe that I don't even get a discount???? I did put in a request to offer some kind of discount to customers that are in Direct Sales. I think it would boost their business a lot!

Did anyone look into how much that costs? I'm just curious. It sounds like something I might want to do.

I used to work as a Stampin' Up! consultant and I would have my Catalog & Idea Book done at Kinko's every year. I think it was about $7 to have the spine cut off and spiral bound with a clear cover on the front and back. That is what I am planning on doing because it is a whole lot easier than tearing out pages and putting them in a binder. I'm sure it looks great but I don't have time and it will also take up less space this way.

AJPratt said:
Did anyone look into how much that costs? I'm just curious. It sounds like something I might want to do.

Staples cut off the spine for me for $2. Then I got home and realized it was bigger than 8 1/2 x 11 and wouldn't fit in the page protectors. :mad: I thought I could trim it but might not get it even, so I brought it back to Staples. They have a machine that cuts it so all the pages are even -- I think they charged me another $2 to make the pages 8 1/2 x 11 -- well worth it! I bought pages protectors and a 3-ring notebook -- can't remember how much it cost, but not very much. I bought the kind of notebook where there is a clear pocket on the cover of the notebook -- perfect for putting the cover of the magazine in it!

Beth in PA

Thanks for all the good info....Tina, I just recently heard of Stampin Up. I contacted a consultant near me to order the business booster stamp set. It came yesterday. It is really cool!! I haven't put it to use yet....I am trying to get over the fear of messing them up when I trim them to fit the blocks...LOL Why did you quit being a consultant?...just curious about the company, if it was personal issues, I don't expect an explanation.

I have it!
Shawnna said:
Thanks for all the good info....Tina, I just recently heard of Stampin Up. I contacted a consultant near me to order the business booster stamp set. It came yesterday. It is really cool!! I haven't put it to use yet....I am trying to get over the fear of messing them up when I trim them to fit the blocks...LOL Why did you quit being a consultant?...just curious about the company, if it was personal issues, I don't expect an explanation.

I got the Business Booster set along with another that I don't know the name of, but its to make recipe cards. I thought it would be cute for my prize basket.

So I went to Office Max....and they wanted to charge me $1.00 per page if laminated. That would cost over $100 to have the entire EW magazine done. So I am now back to the binder idea. It is actually turning out half way decent. I know I could have just laminated the front and back cover for a decent price but I want the pages protected as well.

Wow, I finally finished reading this yesterday...well actually at about 3am this morning, but it's yesterday in my mind since I've slept between then and now...anyhoo...It's awesome! I like how the articles are fairly brief, so if you want to share one with a particular person, you could copy (with their permission only, of course!) it and it would be fairly brief for them to read. I am going to bring mine to every show and give them to all potential recruits. I am going to ask that they return it if they don't want it, but I think it's a great investment of $3 if they sign!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • jenniferlynne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • cat