• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Emailing Resume: Tips for Writing a Cover Letter and Sending Your Application

In summary, it is recommended to attach a separate covering letter along with your resume when emailing it for a job application, even if the job posting offers the option to include it in the body of the email. This allows for a more professional presentation and ensures that all of your information is easily accessible for the hiring manager. The body of the email should state your interest in the position and briefly mention any relevant experience or qualifications.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I've never emailed my resume before but there are two jobs about 1/2 hour away that have been posted with this as an option. My question - Would you use the body of the email as the covering letter or attach the covering letter just like the resume and if so, what do I put in the body of the email?

Anyone?

kcjodih said:
I've never emailed my resume before but there are two jobs about 1/2 hour away that have been posted with this as an option. My question - Would you use the body of the email as the covering letter or attach the covering letter just like the resume and if so, what do I put in the body of the email?

Anyone?

Attach a separate cover letter and in the body of the e-mail just state you are interested in the position (name the position specifically), that you have attached a resume and cover letter, and provide your contact info.

Thank you Kisha!

I have been out of a job since October and yes attach a cover letter. This way they will print it out and keep it with your resume.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have a lot of experience with email communication and I'm happy to help with your question. In my opinion, it's always best to attach a separate covering letter along with your resume, even if the job posting offers the option to include it in the body of the email. This allows for a more professional presentation and ensures that all of your information is easily accessible for the hiring manager. In the body of the email, you can simply state your interest in the position and briefly mention any relevant experience or qualifications. I hope this helps and best of luck with your job search!

1. How should I format my resume when emailing it?

When emailing your resume, it is best to save it as a PDF file to ensure that the formatting stays consistent for the recipient. This will also prevent any compatibility issues with different programs.

2. Should I include a cover letter when emailing my resume?

Yes, it is always a good idea to include a brief cover letter when emailing your resume. This gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself and highlight your qualifications and why you are interested in the position.

3. Is it better to copy and paste my resume into the email or attach it as a separate file?

It is recommended to attach your resume as a separate file rather than copying and pasting it into the email. This will ensure that the formatting stays intact and the recipient can easily save and print the document.

4. How should I name the file when attaching my resume to an email?

It is best to name the file with your full name and the position you are applying for. This will make it easier for the recipient to identify your resume and keep it organized. For example, "Jane_Doe_Resume_Marketing_Manager.pdf".

5. Is it necessary to follow up after emailing my resume?

It is always a good idea to follow up after emailing your resume to ensure that the recipient has received it and to express your continued interest in the position. This can be done via email or phone call, but be sure to give the recipient at least a week to review your application before following up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates