• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient One-Hour Demo Time for Cooking Show | Limited Time Slot Solution

In summary, my host has just called to tell me that my show time cannot exceed an hour and a half, that includes clearing up time and getting everyone out - the hall has been double booked. I can get in to set up before hand though. How on earth am I going to demo, take orders, take bookings etc and clear up in such a short time. I definitely won't have time to actually cook anything or will I? The guests are all coming to watch a cooking demo not just talk - can anyone help please?
louisecurtishome
My host has just called to tell me that my show time cannot exceed an hour and a half, that includes clearing up time and getting everyone out - the hall has been double booked. I can get in to set up before hand though. How on earth am I going to demo, take orders, take bookings etc and clear up in such a short time. I definitely won't have time to actually cook anything or will I? The guests are all coming to watch a cooking demo not just talk - can anyone help please?

Well, even though I'm not a big fan of them, the interactive shows do go very quickly and people (if they participate) ask questions and get to see the tools in action. However, if that's not an option, then you could just do a super quick, yet good recipe (personal fav is the crab rangoon dip) and just ask your host to inform her guests ahead of time about the time constraint issue. Most people are understanding. Oh, and the Triple Chocolate Fudge Microwave cake in the fluted pan takes 8 - 10 minutes (I cook it during prep time) and it's always a WOW item and you'll see the stone guaranteed!!!! Best of luck!

You can do it!!!

You could even do a regular demo if you want! I love the interactive shows too! Just set your timer no matter what you do to 45 minutes, so that you have 45 minutes to take orders and clean up! Let everyone know doing your opening that you have a limited time with them and let them know the circumstances. When I had my son and had to go home to feed, I was out of the show within about 1 1/2 hours because I told everyone what was going on! So they were great with their ordering and such!

c00p said:
Well, even though I'm not a big fan of them, the interactive shows

Sorry to hijack... Why aren't you liking the interactive shows?

Because they are disjointed at best. I've tried 3 of them and what has happened is this: I get some people who are really into it and helping out and involved. Then, there's the other group of people that are in the living room separate from us, will NOT get involved no matter how much encouragement and they are just talking about whatever - and nothing about PC. So, you've got 2 totally different groups of people and it doesn't feel cohesive at all. The other thing that has happened is total chaos. It's like a 3 ring circus with people just doing their own thing, not wanting to listen to how to prepare the recipe and other issues. I do a fairly interactive show anyway and always have. So I think I'll stick with my way. I've talked with several other consultants in my group and actually, they've had the same experience and thoughts as well. They are doing them anymore either.

I have only done 1 and got 4 bookings & a possible recruit all from only 8 guests. We were all in the same room though & I only had them come up 1 at a time. I guess that is only semi-interactive but went well.

Instead of an actual demo, you can handle it like an open house with your recipe prepared and then talk briefly about the products use, our cookware, cutlery and entertaining collections and then answer questions and take orders.

Have a small display - maybe only the starter kit products.

There are also the express shows which are designed to be done in an office setting with limited cooking ability and only a lunch hour to get every done. I think there are files under pamper your office (?) or express shows.

Good luck & have fun!

I did itI did it and it was successful. Thank you all for your help. I did the spicy prawn cups. I baked the tortilla cups in the deluxe mini muffin pan before hand and just showed the guests how to do one. Then everything else is just chopping and talking and smiling. They loved it and I had really positive feedback. Not the best sales in history but it was still fun. I seriously need to look at why my standard shows take so long - it is totally unnecessary to spend hours at someones home. Thanks again

I would do a simple recipe, have the host help out with dishing out the product while you take orders. It can be cut shorter then ususal...believe me, I've done it before

Prebake your recipe and focus on the products. If you don't do introductions you can be done with your "talk" in less than 30 minutes!

Related to Efficient One-Hour Demo Time for Cooking Show | Limited Time Slot Solution

1. What is "One Hour Demo Time"?

One Hour Demo Time is a feature offered by Pampered Chef for our consultants to host a demonstration or cooking show for their customers. It is a fast-paced, interactive session where our consultants showcase our products and share tips and tricks for using them to create delicious meals.

2. How do I book a One Hour Demo Time with a Pampered Chef consultant?

You can easily book a One Hour Demo Time with a Pampered Chef consultant by contacting your local consultant directly or by visiting our website and searching for a consultant in your area. Our consultants are always happy to schedule a session with you and your friends to share the Pampered Chef experience.

3. How many people can attend a One Hour Demo Time?

There is no limit to the number of people who can attend a One Hour Demo Time. Our consultants can host a session in your home, at a friend's house, or even virtually, so you can invite as many people as you'd like to join in on the fun and learn about our products.

4. Is there a cost to attend a One Hour Demo Time?

No, there is no cost to attend a One Hour Demo Time. Our consultants offer these sessions for free to introduce our products and share cooking tips with customers. It's a great opportunity to try out our products and see how they can make your cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable.

5. Can I earn rewards or discounts by hosting a One Hour Demo Time?

Absolutely! Our consultants offer host rewards for customers who host a One Hour Demo Time. You can earn free and discounted products based on the sales made during your session. Plus, it's a fun and easy way to gather friends and family for a cooking experience they won't forget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy