• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Meal Planning: Cook Once, Eat Twice Recipe Suggestions

In summary, the conversation suggests several recipes for a "Cook Once, Eat Twice" theme show. These include Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet, 30-minute Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker, Roast Chicken & Garlic, Taco Soup, Make Ahead Ground Beef, Taco Ring, and Tamale Round-About. These recipes can be found in the Main Dishes cookbook or by searching for "Investment Cooking" or "Power Cooking." They are all quick and easy to make, with leftovers that can be frozen and reheated for a second or even third meal. Additional cooking tools and instructions are also provided.
stefani2
I am looking for suggestions for my "Cook Once, Eat Twice" theme shows. Which recipes do you guys suggest?

Thank you!

This Fall/Winter, our Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet is perfect. I have made it
several times using as little as a one pound tenderloin, and then two of the one pound tenderloins. Depending on the number being served, you increase
the meat and number of packages of noodles. I have frozen the leftovers and
they reheat very well for a second meal.

Many folks have done the 30 minute Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker, and since it can take a 6 lb. chicken you have plenty for a second meal. I even
make a pot of soup with the juice and carcus so you can think of that as a third meal.

Do you have a copy of the Main Dishes cookbook? There is a whole section on cook once, eat twice. The Roast Chicken & Garlic, with leftovers going in to White Lightning Chicken Chili is a family favorite here.

This is probably one to talk about, as the chicken bakes in the oven - lots of garlic to roast too! and the chili simmers for a long time.

There is also make ahead ground beef. You freeze portions, then make a taco ring, Tamale Round-About, or Shepherd's Pie.

Rings are always a good way to use leftovers. :thumbup:

I don't have the Main Dishes RC, but I can probably just search for those recipes, right?

Taco Soup is also a good one. Very quick and easy to make, and it makes plenty, so you should have leftovers. I've made it at parties with over 10 people and there are always leftovers, so it would definitely leave leftovers for a family meal. Plus, it's quick and easy--the only real work is dicing the onion and browning it with the ground beef. Everything else is just dumped in from cans. HTH.

Tammy

Search the files for "Investment Cooking" or "Power Cooking" and you'll find a lot of files and handouts.

stefani2 said:
I don't have the Main Dishes RC, but I can probably just search for those recipes, right?
They weren't on the website, but here is one of them:

The Make ahead Ground Beef:
3# lean ground beef

Brown in Family Skillet; drain grease. Cool and bag up in portions for later use: 1 2/3 cup for Shepards's Pie, 1 2/3 cup for Taco Ring, 2 1/2 cups for Tamale Round-About.

Taco Ring

3/4 lb. ground beef, cooked
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp water
2 8oz pkg crescent roll dough
1 med green pepper
1/2 head lettuce, shredded
1 med tomato, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup salsa
Sour cream

Heat oven to 375. Combine meat, taco mix, cheese, and water. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle with bases overlapping and points out on the 13" stone, leaving a 5" circle in center. Spoon meat on triangle bases. Fold points over meat and tuck under. Bake 20-25 min until brown. Cut off the top of the pepper. Fill pepper with salsa and place in center of ring. Mound lettuce, tomato, onions, and olives around pepper. Garnish with sour cream.

Serves 8.

Will put the other recipes here later. Time to go to work ;)

Woo hoo! Rita had posted the Tamale Round-About in Sept!!

Tamale Round-About

Ingredients Needed:

Filling
2 1/2 cups cooked Ground beef or 1 1/4 pounds Lean (90%) ground beef
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Ground cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
1 jar (16ounces) thick and Chunky medium salsa
1/4 cup Red or Green bell pepper (Or combination of both) Chopped

Corn Bread
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 cup Yellow cornmeal
1/4-1/3 cup Sugar
1 Tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/4 cups Milk
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
4 ounces Sharp cheddar Cheese, shredded (1 cup)

Sour Cream (optional)

Cooking Tools:

Stoneware Fluted Plan
Baker's Joy
10" or 12" Skillet
Mix & Chop
EA Measuring Spoon
Food Chopper
EA Measuring Cup (use for dry)
Easy Read Measuring Cups (use for wet)
Classic Batter Bowl
Mix & Scraper
Deluxe Cheese Grater
Simple Additions Large Square Platter
Egg Separator (use as whisk to mix cornbread so that you can demo one more item!)
Jar Opener

Cooking Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously spray Stoneware Fluted Plan with nonstick cooking spray. For filling, place ground beef in skillet. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in salsa. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, chop bell pepper using Food Chopper; sprinkle in bottom of pan.

3. For corn bread, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add milk, eggs, and oil; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in cheese.

4. Spread 1 1/2 cups batter evenly over peppers in fluted pan. Top with filling and remaining batter, spreading evenly.

5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Loosen corn bread from edge and center of pan with knife. Invert onto Simple Additions Large Square. Slice into 16 wedges. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

Your Pampered Chef Consultant:
Rita Wester
817-909-0288
[email protected]
Welcome To My Personal Web Site

Sallie_M said:
Do you have a copy of the Main Dishes cookbook? There is a whole section on cook once, eat twice. The Roast Chicken & Garlic, with leftovers going in to White Lightning Chicken Chili is a family favorite here.

This is probably one to talk about, as the chicken bakes in the oven - lots of garlic to roast too! and the chili simmers for a long time.

There is also make ahead ground beef. You freeze portions, then make a taco ring, Tamale Round-About, or Shepherd's Pie.

Rings are always a good way to use leftovers. :thumbup:

Could I get the recipe for that White Lightning Chili?? The only PC cookbook I have so far is the All the Best :)

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Main DishesI don't have the Main Dishes CookBook either. Does anyone know if you can search any of these recipes?

How about the 30-minute Chicken and its accompanying recipes for singles and couples?

hmmmmI don't have the DCB....any other pieces of Stoneware that I could do it in???

Related to Efficient Meal Planning: Cook Once, Eat Twice Recipe Suggestions

What is the concept of "Cook Once Eat Twice"?

"Cook Once Eat Twice" is a meal planning strategy where you prepare a larger quantity of food during one cooking session and then use the leftovers to create a second meal.

How does "Cook Once Eat Twice" save time and money?

By cooking a larger quantity of food at once, you can save time by not having to cook from scratch for the second meal. Additionally, using leftovers can save money on groceries since you are using ingredients you already have on hand.

What types of recipes are suitable for "Cook Once Eat Twice"?

Many recipes are suitable for "Cook Once Eat Twice" including casseroles, soups, stews, and roasted meats. It is important to choose recipes that can be easily reheated and have ingredients that can be repurposed for a second meal.

How long can leftovers from the first meal be stored for the second meal?

Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container and can typically be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you will not be using the leftovers within that timeframe, they can also be frozen for longer storage.

Do you have any tips for successfully implementing "Cook Once Eat Twice" in meal planning?

To successfully implement "Cook Once Eat Twice," it is helpful to plan ahead and choose recipes that can easily be repurposed for a second meal. It is also important to properly store leftovers and reheat them safely. Additionally, try to use versatile ingredients that can be used in multiple dishes to reduce waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • flemings99