• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Sales Reps Tackle Payment Collection Challenges?

In summary, these ladies should be aware of the importance of payment and collection, but they may not be as "good" at it as they think they are.
jenwallace
Gold Member
I'm so frustrated. I have a 1K show that I've been trying to close for a week now. 2 people placed orders on line and checked "contact me for payment." Well, that's great, except that they won't answer the phone or call me back! I don't know either of them, so I don't want to submit without payment. And the real kicker is...both these ladies are reps for Sensaria! So, they *should* understand about collecting and making payments on orders! I finally called the host today and asked her if there was anything else I should be doing (different time of day to call, different #, etc.). SHe didn't sound too happy and said she'd talk to them. Hopefully I can get it submitted before month end! SO frustrating!

I would give them a cut off date and if they had not paid by then I would not submit their order with the show. There comes a point where you have to put your foot down.

The host could cover it if she wanted them on the show and then she could get her money. I have host do that all the time.

You did the right thing by asking for the host's help. That often does it.

Good luck! And congrats of the $1000 show!!:cool:

Maybe th ehost would be willing to cover it - after all ,they are HER friends...

jenwallace said:
I'm so frustrated. I have a 1K show that I've been trying to close for a week now. 2 people placed orders on line and checked "contact me for payment." Well, that's great, except that they won't answer the phone or call me back! I don't know either of them, so I don't want to submit without payment. And the real kicker is...both these ladies are reps for Sensaria! So, they *should* understand about collecting and making payments on orders! I finally called the host today and asked her if there was anything else I should be doing (different time of day to call, different #, etc.). SHe didn't sound too happy and said she'd talk to them. Hopefully I can get it submitted before month end! SO frustrating!
what is Sensaria? Hope you get your money

jrstephens said:
I would give them a cut off date and if they had not paid by then I would not submit their order with the show. There comes a point where you have to put your foot down.

The host could cover it if she wanted them on the show and then she could get her money. I have host do that all the time.

ditto... that is more than reasonable, and besides, these two people are holding up everyone else (who paid on time) from getting their stuff. As much as it would stink to have your total go down, it would be worth it to keep everyone else happy and to get rid of the frustration. Good luck!

Well, got a voice mail from the host tonight. She got one ladie's credit card number and the other is going to write her a check, and the host will cover it until the check comes. I guess they can talk to her and take care of business, just don't want to deal with me! So, hopefully I'll be able to submit this sucker tomorrow!

BTW: Sensaria is a skin care, lotion, etc. direct sales company.

Glad you got the orders covered...and like others have said, congrats on the $$ show!

I would like to comment on the statement you made that these gals "should know" what to do. I have been amazed -- and disappointed -- to say those same words more than once. In fact, the only two checks I have had ( in almost 5 years of biz) that never cleared/were collected on were from consultants from other lines.

I USED to think that having a fellow direct sales person as a host was a benefit....but I now really, really, really, really try to be on my host coaching game for this category of host. (Or at least not be completely taken aback if they act like some of my less than stellar hosts....

Of course, not all fellow consultants are problematic..but it is worth noting that this sitaution is not really unusual. We need to be proactive and not assume they'll do read or do everythign like we would like! ) Everyone is human...and we all know someone (even the occassional PC consultant!) who is a pain to work with

1. What are the best payment collection strategies to use when closing a sale?

The best payment collection strategies include providing multiple payment options, setting clear and specific payment terms, following up with customers before and after the due date, and offering incentives for early or on-time payments.

2. How can I avoid frustration when collecting payments from customers?

To avoid frustration, it's important to have a clear payment policy in place, communicate it clearly with customers, and follow up consistently. It can also be helpful to automate payment reminders and have a system in place for handling late payments.

3. What should I do if a customer consistently fails to make payments on time?

If a customer consistently fails to make payments on time, it may be necessary to reevaluate the business relationship and consider discontinuing services or implementing stricter payment terms. It's important to communicate clearly with the customer and document all actions taken.

4. Are there any tools or resources that can help with payment collection?

Yes, there are various tools and resources available to help with payment collection, such as online invoicing and payment platforms, automated payment reminders, and customer relationship management software. It's important to research and choose the best tools for your business needs.

5. How can I incentivize customers to make payments on time?

One way to incentivize customers is to offer discounts or special deals for early or on-time payments. You can also consider implementing a loyalty program or offering rewards for consistent and timely payments. Communicating the benefits of on-time payments and showing appreciation for prompt payments can also be effective in incentivizing customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrslulu2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef