• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Lead Generation Strategies for Your PC Business | Expert Advice

In summary, a PC shirt or catalog carrying can bring a conversation up earlier, and if someone shares dissatisfaction of their job or financial struggles, these are opportunities to help them mull over solutions.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, I am honestly, motivated..but want REAL live advise that works for you..

Let's say you do the following -
wear your PC shirt in public
carry a catalog w/ you visible in your purse

Let's get deeper..

So you attend a marriage seminar, or are in ANY group setting, where you see all these people around you, and you can't help but wonder if any of them would be good contacts for your PC business....do you do anything about it....?? Or do you work more so w/ making leads in other outlets!!

I want ideas of what any of you all have done.....

If you have a chance to have casual conversations with people that's when you say how much you enjoy your new job because..... There are many opportunities to "mention" what you do and why you love it. People are always talking about what they do...stay at home mom, business manager, teacher, etc.

We all worry about being pushy. There are several clues that you can pick up on to further "investigate" whether there may be an interest. I think that wearing a PC shirt or carrying a PC tote in these situations help bring the conversation up earlier.

Certainly if someone shares with you about dissatisfaction of a job, wishing to get out of the house a little more or not making ends meet financially, then these are opportunities to help a person mull over solutions to help them in their particular situation.

A great casual opener is "and what do you do?". Genuinely listen to their response and likely they will follow it with what do you do. Be prepared with your "30 second commercial" that can lead into a possible booking or recruit.

In the Belinda Ellsworth workshop last year, she said to particularly pay attention to people that look unhappy or exhausted with their jobs. At dinner the other night my husband & I were discussing how lately we have had several BAD waiters/waitresses. And suddenly that workshop popped into my head, "Maybe they would be interested in PC!" He thought I had lost my mind, but I pulled out my business card and on the back I wrote, "My job's a party! Call me if you would like to make about $100 per night & set your own hours!" I left the card with our tip. Haven't heard from anyone yet, but it is worth a try.

I bought one of the new visors from Merrill. I have worn it 2 times and had 4 people walk up to me and ask about PC! I of course had catalogs with me.

Let me just share this story-when my son started Kindergarten (6years ago:cry: ), I swore to myself that because this was HIS deal, I would play it cool and not go in blazing PC...well, a cluster mate of mine didn't have any problem taking those Kindergarten moms in as her customers! She didn't have any idea that I wasn't in there promoting my business, she just thought she lucked out with one or 2 moms!
I have never made this mistake again! Any event I go to, I make sure that I at least mention what I do-it is a natural part of a conversation most times.

Meg, this is a funny story because a cluster mate of mine felt the same way as you... she did not want to be known as "that PC lady". I am like heck call me anything, just CALL ME!!! She got brave and booked a few shows after she started to carry her PC tote to pick up her son at school.

Try this....

PS: And as the above story proves... if you're not asking, someone else is!

Attachments

• Turning a Casual Conversation into a Booking.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 424
I have known a neighbor for two summers by talking to her at the pool. She invited me to a Creative Memories party. I responded by email (they don't have a space for phone numbers on their invites) with a PC tag. She responded "I didn't realize you were a Pampered Chef Consultant. Now I know who to call if I need something." She knows EVERYONE so I'm hoping she'll be back at the pool before it's too cool. (which, at 103 today, I find hard to believe that it will every be too cool.)

At a marriage conference or moms group, "when I'm doing a Pampered Chef show away from the house" or "the extra money my Pampered Chef business brings to our family budget helps us..."

I just got the catalog tote, took it out for the first time yesterday and by 9:30 am, the checker at the grocery store was asking me if I was a consultant... When others initiate the conversation by commenting on something you're wearing etc, they are inviting you to talk about PC so you can do so freely. I think also if you can talk to new aquaintances about other things first and let the conversation turn naturally into "what do you do" (like ask if mom stays home with her kids, naturally she'll ask you the same after answering you), you are perceived as being less aggressive. However, with a group of people you already know, I would just say "hey I've got my new catalogs!" I did that with a neighborhood bunco group last night and had one lady stop me at school drop off today to say she wants the dots plates and is thinking of doing a party--and she is a former consultant too. If you show a genuine interest in people, their families, who they are and what they are about, they are going to show that to you (unless they just don't want to socialize), and you will see a way to work PC into the conversation subtley.

I'm trying to figure out a challenge for myself with giving out the mini catalogs... like I must give out a certain number to new people each day, or a certain number every time I go to the grocery store, or somthing like that. Maybe that would help you?

I've got to where I start a conversation about PC where ever I go. Bank, Post Office. If I'm at the store, I mention that the groceries are for a PC show.

I carry my ribbon tote with me all the time, and carry catalogs and drawing slips with me. I have been coming out of my comfort zone lately and while I am at the park, or at the store, I will come out and tell the person I am challenging myself to talk to 3 people today about PC, and ask them if they are familiar with PC. I then ask them to fill out the drawing slip. You can do a drawing once a month or however often you would like and give the winner a Season's Best Cookbook. I have gotten about 6-7 slips over the last few weeks, and out of those I have gotten 2-3 bookings. (a few of them, I filled out myself by talking to them, and only got their e-mail).

I'm walking around with a catalog in hand a lot these days. At my bank the other day, as I exited, two female employees were at the desk nearest to the door. I approached them, put the catalog in front of them, and said, "Have you guys heard of Pampered Chef?" One said no, the other grabbed the catalog and said, :Oh I love Pampered CHef. My ex-boyfriend's mother sold it.: It doesn't always work like this, but it was just the kind of response I needed it to hear!

PC_CPR said:
I'm walking around with a catalog in hand a lot these days. At my bank the other day, as I exited, two female employees were at the desk nearest to the door. I approached them, put the catalog in front of them, and said, "Have you guys heard of Pampered Chef?" One said no, the other grabbed the catalog and said, :Oh I love Pampered CHef. My ex-boyfriend's mother sold it.:

It doesn't always work like this, but it was just the kind of response I needed it to hear!

What do you say after that? I have a problem with what to say after someone acts interested. I mean I know I want to discuss this more, but I don't know how to put it into words! Help! :eek:

WendyLou said:
What do you say after that? I have a problem with what to say after someone acts interested. I mean I know I want to discuss this more, but I don't know how to put it into words! Help! :eek:
This time of year you have a great "in" once PC is brought up... "have you seen our new fall products? I'm so excited, we have 60 new products including this beautiful stainless steel cookware line, here, let me show you (whip out your catalogs)" then let them drool over your catalog while you sprinkle in snippets about all the great specials and wouldn't it be fun to try one of our new chocolate bliss recipes with friends?

Go for it, even if you feel like you're tripping over your words, once you have them talking about PC and looking at the catalog it will be fine, and the more you do it the easier it gets.

I told her about the upcoming host specials. I asked her to call me. She said she will. And then, I repeated, now do call me! However, I really should've asked her to give me her number. But I'm planning on going back early in the week to follow up. I may even invite her to my Chocolate Bliss, which is what I did for the lady at my credit union. She liked the catalog I had left in the "community corner". I told her about the specials, but she hesitated. So I invited her to come to my party. When I went in again, I gave her directions and she said she would come with her sister. We'll see!

finley1991 said:
if you're not asking, someone else is!

Oh, this is SO true!! A lesson I'm learning the hard way.

In talking with people face-to-face, I stuggle with shyness, and about 3 weeks ago at the doctor's office, while explaining about the panic attacks before shows, my dr. goes on about how his wife LOVES PC! So, when I leave, I chicken out on mentioning it to his wife, who works in the office. Finally at a follow-up this week, I do mention it to her, she'd LOVE for me to bring a catalog up there. I took it and some goodies up there today, and she mentions how she was just invited to a party on Saturday. UGH!! Kickin' myself hard!!! But she did take a catalog, and I did suggest she host her own party, and she did let me leave a few catalogs and business cards, so all isn't lost.

AKS ASK ASK!!! A "no" is a hundred times better than a missed opportunity.

tx_deputyswife said:
AKS ASK ASK!!! A "no" is a hundred times better than a missed opportunity.
That's a great way to put it! I'm still struggling to step out of my comfort zone. You all have given some great advice! Thanks!

When talking about Pampered Chef, if they know about the products they almost always say "I LOVE Pampered Chef". If not, then you have just found a great new lead. I tell them how fun the demos are, that they will see a new recipe put together and eat it! Fun for all.

Rarely do I find someone who just thinks our prices are "high".

at conference I heard... Success is ONE step out of your comfort zone! Good luck to all.

Related to Effective Lead Generation Strategies for Your PC Business | Expert Advice

1. What are some effective lead generation strategies for my Pampered Chef business?

Some effective lead generation strategies for your Pampered Chef business include hosting cooking parties, attending local events and fairs, utilizing social media platforms, creating a referral program, and offering discounts or promotions for new customers.

2. How can I utilize social media to generate leads for my PC business?

You can use social media to generate leads for your PC business by creating engaging content, collaborating with influencers or other businesses, and actively engaging with your audience through comments and direct messages. You can also utilize targeted ads to reach potential customers.

3. Is it important to have a referral program for my PC business?

Yes, having a referral program can be a highly effective lead generation strategy for your PC business. When satisfied customers refer their friends and family, it adds credibility to your business and can drive new leads.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to generate leads for my PC business?

Some common mistakes to avoid when trying to generate leads for your PC business include not targeting the right audience, not utilizing multiple channels, not consistently engaging with potential leads, and not having a clear call-to-action on your marketing materials.

5. How can I measure the success of my lead generation strategies for my PC business?

You can measure the success of your lead generation strategies for your PC business by tracking metrics such as website traffic, social media engagement, number of leads generated, and conversion rates. Additionally, collecting feedback from customers and analyzing their demographics can also provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of your strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
Replies
Views
pckimboyers
  • blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies