• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Stawberry Pudding Trifle--Help

In summary, the conversation revolves around making a strawberry trifle using either strawberry pudding or a mixture of vanilla pudding and strawberries. Several recipes are suggested, including a diabetic-friendly strawberry pudding and a strawberry mousse. One person suggests adding a packet of strawberry jello to vanilla pudding to achieve a strawberry flavor.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I was thinking of doing the Easy Banana Pudding Trifle but changing it to the Easy Strawberry Pudding Trifle.

Does anyone know if there is such thing as strawberry pudding? I haven't. If not, is there a way to maybe make it??

I don't see it listed over on the jello.com site. If you do a google search for "strawberry pudding" there are a bunch of recipes.

I think I am going to take vanilla pudding and mix it with strawberries. Hope it works.

Strawberry recipesHere is a recipe I found online and it's from a diabetics dessert cookbook.

ENGLISH FRESH STRAWBERRY PUDDING

2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
2 tablespoons sugar
water
2 packages sugar-free strawberry flavored gelatin (3 oz. each)
4 cups low-fat frozen non-dairy whipped topping

Instructions:

In a small bowl, crush the strawberries with a fork. Sprinkle with the sugar. Mix, cover, and let stand for an hour. Drain the juice, reserving it in a measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1-1/2 cups of liquid. In a small saucepan, bring the liquid to a boil. Stir in the gelatin. Remove from heat. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. Let cool, then pour the gelatin over the strawberries. Stir. Fold the whipped topping into the strawberry mixture. Transfer to a soufflé dish or other serving dish.

Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

Yield: 10 servings.
Each serving contains: calories: 71.8 carbohydrates: 11g, sodium 76mg, total fat: 0.1g, protein: 0.4g, cholesterol: 0mg
Diabetic exchange: 1 fruit

Here is one not from a diabetic cookbook, it sounds yummy!!

Strawberry mousse!

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
2 cups hulled, sliced strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Whole strawberries for garnish

Instructions:

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand I minute to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Place strawberries, granulated sugar and gelatin mixture in a food processor or blender. Whirl to purée. Pour into a bowl. Chill until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon, 1 hour.

Beat cream and confectioners' sugar in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Stir one-quarter of cream into strawberry purée to lighten mixture. Fold in remaining cream.

Spoon into 6 stemmed glasses or dessert bowls, dividing equally. Chill 2 hours. Or, after lightening purée with cream, layer remaining whipped cream with strawberry purée in stemmed glasses. Garnish with whole berries.

Yield: Makes 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 3 hours
Per serving: 199 calories, 2 g protein, 15 g fat, 16 g carbohydrate, 18 mg sodium, 54 mg cholesterol

Debbie :D

You can make vanilla or cheesecake flavored pudding, and add a packet of strawberry jello to the mixture.

LisaAnn said:
You can make vanilla or cheesecake flavored pudding, and add a packet of strawberry jello to the mixture.
So make pudding according to directions then just add a pack of jello???
I plan to make pink trifles at my 3 shows this month! Thanks!

heat123 said:
So make pudding according to directions then just add a pack of jello???
I plan to make pink trifles at my 3 shows this month! Thanks!

That's what I do...put the dry jello in with the dry pudding then mix with the milk.

It turns out great!

Cool, thanks!

Related to Easy Stawberry Pudding Trifle--Help

1. How do I make the strawberry pudding for the trifle?

To make the strawberry pudding, you will need 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix, 2 cups of cold milk, and 1 cup of crushed fresh strawberries. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until well combined. Gently fold in the crushed strawberries until evenly distributed.

2. Can I use frozen or canned strawberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen or canned strawberries if fresh ones are not available. Just make sure to thaw frozen strawberries before adding them to the pudding mix and drain canned strawberries before crushing them.

3. How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the trifle, you will need a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Start by placing a layer of sliced pound cake or angel food cake on the bottom of the bowl. Then add a layer of strawberry pudding, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until you reach the top, ending with a layer of whipped cream. Garnish with fresh strawberries on top.

4. Can I make the trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make the trifle in advance. However, it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy. Keep the trifle covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.

5. Can I substitute the pound cake or angel food cake with a different type of cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer for the trifle. Sponge cake or ladyfingers are also popular options. Just make sure to cut the cake into bite-sized pieces before layering in the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • kam