• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Easy Potato Peeling Tip: Save Time & Make Perfect Potato Salad

In summary, the easy potato peeling tip involves boiling the potatoes with the skin on and then dunking them in ice water, making the skin easy to peel off. This tip works for all types of potatoes and is also great for making mashed potatoes. The boiling time will vary, but generally takes 15-20 minutes for medium-sized potatoes. Boiling potatoes with the skin on does not cause them to lose nutrients and actually adds extra fiber and nutrients to your dish.
finley1991
I like to share time saving tips at my shows... I haven't tried this yet but a customer of mine passed it along to me... thought it was interesting and wanted to share!

If you take the time to watch this, you will not only be glad you did, but you will share this with all your daughters, sisters, moms, etc...or men who cook, (come on!)

To all who love making scalloped potatoes from scratch and potato salad but hate peeling the boiled potatoes, here is the solution for easy peeling. This will BLOW your mind. Well, we do learn something new every day.

I wish I had known about this forty- some years ago. Peeling the cooked potato was the least desirable part in making a potato salad. Enjoy.

Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W0qIPJmoo

OMG this is amazing! What an easy demo: cookware, tongs, utility knife, no cost! I am going to try this today! My sound didn't work on my computer, did she say how long she boiled the potato for?

Nanisu said:
OMG this is amazing! What an easy demo: cookware, tongs, utility knife, no cost! I am going to try this today! My sound didn't work on my computer, did she say how long she boiled the potato for?

She said to boil it for 15 minutes and move around in the ice water for about 10 seconds. VERY COOL!

1. How does the easy potato peeling tip save time?

The easy potato peeling tip involves boiling the potatoes with the skin on and then dunking them in ice water. This makes the skin easy to peel off, saving you time and effort.

2. Will this tip work for all types of potatoes?

Yes, this tip works for all types of potatoes, including russet, red, Yukon gold, and sweet potatoes.

3. Can I use this tip for making mashed potatoes?

Yes, this tip is also great for making mashed potatoes. The potatoes will be perfectly cooked and easy to mash without any lumps.

4. How long should I boil the potatoes for?

The boiling time will vary depending on the size and type of potatoes. Generally, it takes about 15-20 minutes for medium-sized potatoes. You can check if they are ready by inserting a fork into the potato - if it goes in smoothly, they are ready to be peeled.

5. Will the potatoes lose nutrients by boiling them with the skin on?

No, the skin of the potatoes acts as a natural barrier, preventing the nutrients from escaping. Plus, leaving the skin on adds extra fiber and nutrients to your dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
EfficientPCKitchen
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies