• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup??

In summary, the product measures both wet and dry ingredients. It is for dry ingredients only, however, and the white part is snapped securely onto the clear part.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Does this product measure wet or dry ingredients or both?? I've had a lot of customers ask me this. Is it intended to measure liquids or it that where another kitchen tool would be preferable? They want to know if the measurements are calculated by fluid or dry??:confused:

I would say that you could measure both.

Because of the different types of measurements available, it is for dry and wet.

Turn it so that the open end of the inside tube is up. It has a spout. It's for measuring liquid ingredients, just like a regular liquid measuring cup.Turn it so that the closed end of the inside tube is up. Now push the inside tube down to the desired measurements. This is for measuring dry or (my favorite use) sticky ingredients like peanut butter, corn syrup, molasses, etc.BTW: The calibration for liquid and dry measurements is the same. A cup is a cup. The difference in the types of measuring devices has to do with ease of accurately measuring the ingredients. Dry measuring cups allow for leveling off the top. Liquid measuring cups allow extra room for sloshing while you're trying to pour the ingredients into your bowl.

Rae,
your funny ! shes asking about the new measuring cup and your talking about the measure all.
silly woman :p

Oops. That's what happens when I try to do several things at once.Just ignore the "instructions," but the basic info for dry/wet still works.

I've used it to measure both. Just make sure the seal is tight... I didn't click mine all the way down after washing it and tried to measure and it went through, when I clicked it into place it was pretty good. A few drops snuck under the seal, but overall it worked pretty good. hth!

Does anyone else have a problem with the measuring cup? I thought the white bottom part would come all the way up to the top to push all the product out of the cup, but it doesn't. I am bummed about this.

I would suggest this if they were to redesign it. Sometimes if you make a suggestion about a new product within a few months of the launch, they can get something "fixed" with the next batch.

Also for the new spoon, cup...start with the plunger or whatever you want to call it at the top then move it down directly to what you want to measure. If you move it down and then up, you release the air underneath and lose the suction/seal it makes and then liquids will drop past to the larger part.

Im glad you guys are here. I was having the same liquid issues with mine. I'll have to try it again. Thanks : )

I just got mine last week (along with the new spoon too) and it is not providing accurate measurements for liquid. The liquid goes underneath the part that supposed to stop the liquid. Has anybody replaced theirs due to this?

Mine works fine holidng the liquid (make sure the seal is tight) but I do have a problem with the bottom not coming all the way up like the spoon does.

Summer - if your suction is not working call HO and ask for replacement.

This is suppose to be for dry and liquid, but the ounces on the side are for liquid only.

I use mine all the time for both and never have a problem.

I've heard that you just push it down all the way and then draw it back up for the tightest seal for liquids.

Also, is the white part snapped securely on the clear part? I had that problem at first. There should be 3 clicks. I think Lisa Flynn makes a point of doing it on the spring DVD.

I heard the exact opposite. I understood that you should push the tab all the way up and draw it back to the proper measurement. This way the seal is sort of cupped up to hold the liquid.

DebbieJ said:
I've heard that you just push it down all the way and then draw it back up for the tightest seal for liquids.

Also, is the white part snapped securely on the clear part? I had that problem at first. There should be 3 clicks. I think Lisa Flynn makes a point of doing it on the spring DVD.

I've heard that too but it didn't help. I'll try listening for the 3 clicks, maybe that's the problem.

Thanks everybody for the tips! Ü

So...do you all LIKE this product? I would say that this, along with the former adjustable scoop, are my least favorite products. I would rather use my Tupperware *GASP* measuring cups for solids. They are small enough to hold over my canisters, whereas the PC one isn't...

And PS I think it looks like a speculum

Kim~

I agree with you...I use my TW measuring cups for solids/dry and like them much more than our adjustable ones. Plus, they are rather large so they don't STORE in my canisters like I can do with my TW ones!

I just don't demo these items since I don't like them, but I will give the benefits to a customer if they ask, since I know not everyone thinks the same as we do! :)

I bring these to every show and rarely use them at shows. People LOVE them and I have sold a lot of them just by having them there.

I put my adj.measuring cup in the dishwasher...not the moveable part but just the cup part...when I took it out, the whole bottom part (that the cup sits on) was totally broken...into pieces...the little "legs" just started breaking off little by little. Not sure I like it too much

My little legs broke off as well. I'm on my 2nd one.

Do an adjustment for yours!

I really like the scoops. I don't use them for everything, but I keep one of the old one in my big flour bin. I really like it for some things. For true solids, I prefer the measure all. For liquids, I use the Easy Read Measuring Cups.

(May have posted the flour bin thing before, but I'm too lazy to read through everything to see if it's already here.)

There is a video for this on CC. It shows how to assemble it to be certain you get an air tight seal. When I followed the directions, it was amazing how much better it works! :rolleyes:

Snapped in tightMake sure you have the top piece snapped in. You should get to clicks - one for the end and at the scoop part. If it doesn't click it is not sealed and the water will leak behind.

Related to Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup??

1. How does the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup work?

The Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup features a unique sliding mechanism that allows you to easily adjust the measurement by pushing the slider up or down. This eliminates the need for multiple measuring cups and makes measuring ingredients quick and easy.

2. Is the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to extend the life of the product.

3. What is the capacity of the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup?

The Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup has a capacity of 2 cups (16 ounces) and is marked with standard and metric measurements for accuracy.

4. Can the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup be used for both liquid and dry ingredients?

Yes, the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup can be used for both liquid and dry ingredients. The sliding mechanism is designed to work with a variety of ingredients, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

5. Is the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup made of durable materials?

Yes, the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup is made of high-quality, BPA-free plastic that is built to last. It is also heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Mom2KL