• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Door Knob Solicitation Ideas for Business Expansion

In summary, the conversation discusses different ways to expand a business through the use of door knob hangers or bags. Suggestions for where to find these materials are given, as well as advice on the effectiveness of this method. Alternatives such as personally introducing oneself and handing out business cards are also mentioned. The conversation concludes with the idea that personal connections and conversations are the most effective way to build a business.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
In an effort to expand my business I thought I would use a cute survey (that someone had previously posted) on a door knob hanger or get a door knob bag. Does anyone know where to find these as staples and office max says that they don't carry them? Or do you have a better idea?

I just got a bunch of door knob bags from my recruiter. She quit the business and I got to look through her stuff! I think she said she got them through Merrill, but I don't know if they still have them. They are clear bags with the PC logo on them.

Hope you have better luck than I. I have put catalogs with specials out in my neighborhood twice. NO response.

Merrill has them (I think they're still in their product line).Before you spend a lot of money to do this, you should think about what you do when you receive something like that unsolicited on your door. 90% of the people who get them will throw them out without even looking at them. And most of the people who look at it will then throw it out without taking any action. You'll have more results if you take a walk through your neighborhood when people are outside and introduce yourself to them.

It's not worth it- don't do it. I've done it several times in several different neighborhoods over the years - no results. Since I don't know these people, I can't follow up with them, so if you can't follow up, it's just like throwing away the money for the catalogs/bags/flyers. Get your name out there in other ways where you can have a personal connection with people.

I try to carry my business cards with me when I am out and about in my neighborhood with my dog. The dog is a great conversation starter by the way. I then introduce the dog and myself and then ask or let them know that I am a PC consultant and give them my card if they seem interested. Sometimes it pans out but a business card at least isn't as expensive and I ask them to let their friends/family know I am here.

pamperedharriet said:
I try to carry my business cards with me when I am out and about in my neighborhood with my dog. The dog is a great conversation starter by the way. I then introduce the dog and myself and then ask or let them know that I am a PC consultant and give them my card if they seem interested. Sometimes it pans out but a business card at least isn't as expensive and I ask them to let their friends/family know I am here.

Great idea, Harriet! A personal conversation is always the best way to build your business! :)

Thanks, Cathy. Using the cards from Vista at least is a savings and every now and then you get a call saying I met you last week with your dog and would like to place an order, etc. One even turned into a show!

Related to Door Knob Solicitation Ideas for Business Expansion

What is door knob solicitation?

Door knob solicitation is a marketing strategy where a representative or salesperson goes door to door selling products or services directly to homeowners.

Is door knob solicitation legal?

Yes, door knob solicitation is legal in most areas as long as the representative has obtained the necessary permits and follows local regulations.

Do I have to let door knob solicitors into my home?

No, you are not obligated to let door knob solicitors into your home. You have the right to decline their offer or ask them to leave your property.

What kind of products do door knob solicitors typically sell?

Door knob solicitors for Pampered Chef typically sell kitchen and cooking products such as cookware, utensils, and small appliances.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products from a door knob solicitor?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products from a door knob solicitor if you are interested in the products they are offering. However, you can also purchase Pampered Chef products online or through a consultant if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lara blake
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cheftonia
  • blessedrub
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cwinter474