• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did: Check Your Recipe Ingredients!

In summary, the host forgot to add the ingredients for the recipe, and the guest demoed the recipe while the host ran to the store to get the limes.
chefmelody
Here's a recipe tip... check to make sure you have all the ingredients for the recipe when you get to your show! :p I was making the Lime-berry Mousse Trifle tonight... and I thought I'd looked over all the ingredients... until I went to start the recipe and discovered that the host had forgotten LIMES! :eek: She said they weren't on the recipe email I sent, but I'm pretty sure they were. I sent it right from the CC page, buuut it could have been cut off. She asked if I could make it without the limes! :eek: I said nooooo we really need limes! So she ran to the store to get some while I demoed the parts of the recipe that didn't need them.It was a major moment of panic for me. I laughed it off with the guests, saying that I obviously wasn't a "perfect chef" if I didn't notice that the main ingredient was gone. :rolleyes: I told them anyone could do this job!It turned out okay in the end... I got to show off a few other random tools while waiting for the limes, but still! I was quite red in the face. :eek:

I have done this before except I was responsible for bringing the ingredients!

BTW- The chicken clubhouse squares are still good without the chicken :D

I did once forget to put the brown sugar in the chocolate-pecan tart. :eek: I had it there, but just forgot to add it!

...it still tasted good though!

It's a good thing many of the PC recipes are fool-proof. I'm often the fool.

raebates said:
It's a good thing many of the PC recipes are fool-proof. I'm often the fool.

That's a good one - could use that at my shows!

I had a lady once that bought ice cream bars instead of sandwiches for the ice cream sandwich torte:eek: !

Glad your host was able to run to the store to get the limes. I'd check the e-mail and make sure they were on the list. If it got cut off, I'd give her a little something extra for making the trip to the store.

When I first started selling PC I ALWAYS forgot to put the cheese into the appitezer. I would end up seeing it once the recipe was in the overn cooking, so I just grated it up and put it in a bowl to serve on the side. :eek:

Yea, I don't know how many times I have forgotten the cheese....or the garlic....or the seasoning! Sometimes I keep it to myself, but most of the time I will point out my mistake so others know that you don't have to be perfect to do this job!!

I have to remember one hostess who forgot the chicken, for the "30 minute" chicken!

Talk about scrambling to save that!

But take pride in the fact that we are all so adaptable.

I'm always messing up on a recipe, or forgetting something for my show. I'm convinced that it's a neverending cycle for me. LOL

PamperChefCarol said:
I have to remember one hostess who forgot the chicken, for the "30 minute" chicken!

OK, that one takes FIRST PRIZE!!

chefmelody said:
I did once forget to put the brown sugar in the chocolate-pecan tart. :eek: I had it there, but just forgot to add it!

...it still tasted good though!
I did this recipe recently and forgot to add the corn syrup. I got chatting with the guests, and just spaced on putting it in. It was fine- not as chewy as it was supposed to be, but it tasted good. :)

I forgot the brown sugar and butter in the pecan lattice tarts. Everyone said it tasted good though

dianevill said:
Glad your host was able to run to the store to get the limes. I'd check the e-mail and make sure they were on the list. If it got cut off, I'd give her a little something extra for making the trip to the store.
There's really no way I can check, though... I sent it directly from the CC website. I guess I could send one to myself and see if it gets cut off there too.EDIT: I went and looked, and "5 Limes" are the first thing on the list. I do remember editing spacing on the email though, so it's possible I deleted it by accident. I'll still give her a little something.

I had a show last year that I was doing the Rice Cooker cake and when I got to the Host kitchen and saw the tinyest microwave I have ever see I got panicky. We took the turntable out and barely managed to get the Rice Cooker in the compartment. It turned out but was really lopsided. I check with the host now to see what size the inside of her microwave is if she wants me to demo this recipe!! Live & Learn

1. What is the purpose of "Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did: Check Your Recipe Ingredients!"?

The purpose of this phrase is to remind cooks and bakers to double check their recipe ingredients before starting to avoid making any mistakes or leaving out important ingredients.

2. Why is it important to check recipe ingredients?

Checking recipe ingredients is important because it ensures that you have all the necessary ingredients to make the dish and that you are following the recipe correctly. This will help avoid any mistakes or substitutions that may affect the final outcome of the dish.

3. How can I make sure I have all the ingredients for a recipe?

Before starting a recipe, it's important to read through the ingredient list and make sure you have everything on hand. You can also double check by laying out all the ingredients on your kitchen counter to make sure nothing is missing.

4. What can happen if I don't check the recipe ingredients?

If you don't check the recipe ingredients before starting, you may end up missing important ingredients or using incorrect measurements, which can affect the taste and texture of the final dish. This can also lead to wasted time and ingredients if you have to start over.

5. Are there any tips for checking recipe ingredients?

Some tips for checking recipe ingredients include reading through the entire recipe before starting, gathering all the necessary ingredients and equipment beforehand, and double checking measurements and substitutions. It's also helpful to have a well-organized and stocked pantry to easily find and use ingredients for recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • straitfan