• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Great Britain Celebrate Fourth of July? Find Out Here!

In summary, some countries using the Gregorian calendar have a Fourth of July, but not every country has a documented and celebrated Independence Day. For example, England has St George/David/Patrick/Andrews day depending on if you are English/Welsh/Irish or Scottish, but it tends to just be the Irish one that is celebrated. Additionally, some countries use the Julian calendar and have a Fourth of Julian, but not every country uses this calendar. Some countries also have other holidays and celebrations, such as Guy Fawkes Night in England. There are also various jokes and tests related to intelligence that are shared among different countries.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Does Great Britain have a Fourth of July?

hee hee hee maybe they sleep through it

Doesn't everyone have a 4th of July? ;)

Nope we were going to have something but the goverment being its usual back peddaling self did a u-turn.

We have St George/David/Patrick/Andrews day depending on if you are English/Welsh/Irish or Scottish.
It tends to just be the irish one that seems to be celebrated tho.

JAE said:
Doesn't everyone have a 4th of July? ;)

Yes Jae I think you might be right.LOL

Isn't that like: Which month has 28 days?They all do!

Um....countries using the Gregorian calendar have a Fourth of July, but not every country has a documented and celebrated Independence Day.

People who use the Julian calendar have a fourth of Julian.And a lot of narrow, thin strips. Instead of a fourth of Julian, though, I'd prefer a fifth of Jim Beam.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
People who use the Julian calendar have a fourth of Julian.

And a lot of narrow, thin strips.

Instead of a fourth of Julian, though, I'd prefer a fifth of Jim Beam.
Amen... and I don't even drink (liquor)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
People who use the Julian calendar have a fourth of Julian.

And a lot of narrow, thin strips.

Instead of a fourth of Julian, though, I'd prefer a fifth of Jim Beam.
*SNORT*

good one, KG!!

hee hee i agree!

Okay, here we go again with jokes that I have to think to hard about to understand. I'm out of here! :)

KG - why not just dig up the recurring e-mail with the whole list and post it?

We may not have Independence Day, but we have Guy Fawkes Night on November 5th. We celebrate someone failing (how English!) to blow up the Houses of Parliament. We have our bonfire and fireworks then! It's not a holiady though... we still have to go to work!

It's good having it in November because it is REALLY dark by about 6pm, but it blooming freezing as well!

susanr613 said:
KG - why not just dig up the recurring e-mail with the whole list and post it?

Here's the link from another thread I put this in several months ago:

You've heard of Mensa? It is a society that, in order to join, you must have an IQ over 140. (That certainly leaves me out.)

Not Mensa material? Then click here to take the Densa Test.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

You've heard of Mensa? It is a society that, in order to join, you must have an IQ over 140. (That certainly leaves me out.)

HA! That was a funny test...but so accurate - because it said I was a genius!:D (12 out of 12 correct!)

I'm afraid to click on "evaluate". I don't think I'll share my score. Do they tell me the right answers?

Okay, I got number 8 wrong.

chefann said:
Isn't that like: Which month has 28 days?

They all do!

That was my EXACT THOUGHT when I read this Thread - especially coming from KG! :p I live in Canada - we have a July 4th - but it isn't an Independence Day celebration. :cool:

Gawd I am so dense.

stefani2 said:
That was my EXACT THOUGHT when I read this Thread - especially coming from KG! :p I live in Canada - we have a July 4th - but it isn't an Independence Day celebration. :cool:

*giggle*
One of my school friends in elementary school moved to the area from British Columbia. Her first week, we were asking her personal questions to get to know her, and someone asked her when her birthday was. She said, "July 4." Someone (who was clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer) responded, "Patti! Do you know what day that is? It's the Fourth of July!" I'm sure Patti thought we were all a little stupid.

thanks KG - I love these "tests" they remind us to think thru things.

I got 11 out of 12. I read the one about Moses taking the animals on the ark and thought I was reading Noah! That is dumb! LOL!

I got 10 :-( But then I am British, what do I know about baseball?...

I got 11 right. I almost put 60 on the pill answer right at the last minute, bt went with my first instinct dang it, ha!

I got 11 out of 12. I even really thought about the widow question...and I still got it wrong!!

I'm smarter than the average bear. LOL

janej76 said:
I got 10 :-( But then I am British, what do I know about baseball?...

I thought of that when I read through the test again. I think we can excuse you for that one, just as you wouldn't expect a Yank to know much about cricket, although the NFL was in London last week to show you what the game of football is really like.

;)

Football?Do you mean that game you play that is a take of of rugby?

Football is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans whilst rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen with odd shaped balls.

On the football thread look up the game they play in Atherstone once a year.

I never knew there were so many men that had odd shaped...HEY!
nonono-1.gif
Wait a minute!!! I'm not going there.

We long ago figured out why fights always break out in the stands at soccer matches - they're bored to death.

I'm not on here often but the last couple of days I've had a few more opportunities. Today I was thinking that I had not seen KG popping in with comments. I'm sure glad to see he's as full of fun as ever! I've missed you!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Hey, I could join!!! I'm at 141!!! Whoo-hoo...I'm going to call them right now!

quiverfull7 said:
I'm not on here often but the last couple of days I've had a few more opportunities. Today I was thinking that I had not seen KG popping in with comments. I'm sure glad to see he's as full of fun as ever! I've missed you!

I'm just afraid that your aim might be improving.

Related to Does Great Britain Celebrate Fourth of July? Find Out Here!

1. Does Great Britain celebrate the Fourth of July?

No, Great Britain does not celebrate the Fourth of July as it is a holiday that commemorates the United States' independence from British rule.

2. Why doesn't Great Britain celebrate the Fourth of July?

Great Britain does not celebrate the Fourth of July because it marks a significant event in American history and has no relevance to British history or culture.

3. Do any other countries celebrate the Fourth of July?

No, the Fourth of July is an American holiday and is not celebrated by any other countries as it is specific to the United States' history and independence.

4. Does Great Britain have a different holiday that celebrates independence?

Yes, Great Britain celebrates its own independence day on the 26th of December, also known as Boxing Day. This holiday commemorates the day when colonies across the world, including the United States, gained independence from British rule.

5. Do British people have any traditions or customs related to the Fourth of July?

No, British people do not have any specific traditions or customs related to the Fourth of July as it is not a holiday that is celebrated in Great Britain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JillianAnthony
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Sheila