• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you celebrated your spouse today?

In summary, my husband is a great supporter of my business and always willing to lend a hand. He is also a great listener and helps me to stretch myself creatively. He is always willing to do whatever needs to be done around the house.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Debi's thread reminded me that we often forget to celebrate our spouses! Often we take the guys for granted and forget to celebrate them because they aren't as "emotionally needy" as us usually.

So...
1. What great thing does your spouse do to support your business?
2. What great thing does your spouse do for you?
3. What great thing does your spouse do for family/friends?

If you don't have a spouse, you can dream about what you'd like to see in a spouse then!

P.S. Don't forget to tell your spouse one of the above today - they like to hear that you love them or that the kids love them or that they are a great provider, etc.

Mine:

1. Tries to keep the kids occupied when I need to make calls and schedule shows, etc. Helps with dishes after a show.

2. He thinks I'm the best thing that ever happened to him.

3. He tries to help take care of the kids/house, ESPECIALLY when I'm tired and need it. Today, he knew I was tired from traveling and we needed milk. He asked if I can get the milk (store close to my work) and in exchange he ran to get the kids for me (saved me about 30 minutes of drive time). He could have said...we need milk, get it on your way to get the kids and come home...

janetupnorth said:
Debi's thread reminded me that we often forget to celebrate our spouses! Often we take the guys for granted and forget to celebrate them because they aren't as "emotionally needy" as us usually.

So...

If you don't have a spouse, you can dream about what you'd like to see in a spouse then!

P.S. Don't forget to tell your spouse one of the above today - they like to hear that you love them or that the kids love them or that they are a great provider, etc.

1. Evan keeps a stack of old PC catalogs on his counter at work and has one of my flyers on his community board at work and tells everyone he comes in contact with about my business. He helps with my dishes when I come home and if he is available, often comes to my shows with me.

2. He works alot at night and knows if he is not home that I am likely to eat cereal for dinner. So he cooks HUGE batches of stews and chilis and all sorts of yummy stuff and freezes them in individual portions that I can nuke & eat for dinner...and he reminds me to take my vitamin every day :)

3. He's the guy who will drop everything to spend 18 hours re-formatting your computer for you, help you move, help you paint, etc.

Good idea, Janet!

1. My husband tells everyone that I'm a PC consultant, and that I'm really good at it. I sometimes even catch him bragging about me to others. Also, he never complains about the time I spend working my business.

2. He takes care of my vehicle so I will be safe while I'm traveling alone. He helps me stretch myself outside my comfort zone. (Trust me, I would never have gone to a place like Jungle Jim's before I met him, and I definitely would not have eaten ants, kangaroo, or alligator.

3. He is Mr. Fix-it. He always has a few tools with him. I can't tell you how often he's volunteered to fix something "real quick" when we've been at a family get-together or hanging out with friends. He willingly goes to friends' homes to help out when they need something repaired or renovated. He also takes charge of the little ones when moms and dads need a break.

Actually, I gave him a big hug this morning and thanked him for his support for my business. I know that lots of spouses/companions/etc. aren't always supportive. He wasn't convinced I could make any real money at first, but he has always been my cheerleader. (Okay, now I'm picturing The Furry Guy in a short little skirt and letter sweater. Funny, but not pretty.)

janetupnorth said:
So...

1. He never complains about taking care of our son while I am working....and he is great about telling people what I do!

2. He takes care of my car (always makes sure it is clean and in good running order). That was the first thing that came to mind......but he is great about so many things! Oh - the best thing he does for me is be such a great daddy to our son! I LOVE to see them working outside or just hanging out together.

3. He is a craftsman! He can build, fix, or repair anything, and he is always willing to help out anyone who needs his expertise!

janetupnorth said:

So...

Wow Janet what a great idea because I am guilty of focusing on how much help he doesn't help me etc. All in which are negative and really not good to dwell on... So great Idea!!
1. My husband understands that I have physical limits and have a slight fall back when it comes to lugging things in my shows and such, so he comes with me and supports me with compliments and "that-a-girls" you know a pat on the back, and I love you, you did wonderful! So he is actually a huge part of me and my business!

2.My husband understands my physical limits and helps me as much as he can, he knows its hard staying home with the girls all day so he gives me time to myself or takes me out. He helps me feel better when I have flare ups and muscle pain by massaging me and remembering my meds. He tells me he loves me and brings me flowers often and they are the same as the ones I had in my wedding bouquet. He is romantic and understanding and really cares about me! And I love him for that!

3.My husband has been the sole provider for our family for four years.. working as an electrician by day and moonlighting at night. To make the extra money to live a life that is comfortable and fun in raising our baby girls together. And in working those jobs he always puts family needs first and makes time for "family time". He is an incredible person in all he balances. He is the first person to help anyone and can not say no, he has to help and feels good after because he has....

Great idea!!
janetupnorth said:

So...

Great idea Janet. I will be sure to print this out and stick it in his cooler before he goes off to work!!

1. My husband encourages me all the time and tells me that he is proud of me, even if I only have one order for the entire month. He also insists that one day he will have a big show for me, always carrying catalogs and business cards in his work truck, even though he works with men who are single, wife haters, or can't cook!! He lets me advertise anywhere I want, even if it costs more than I make in shows or leads from it. Keeps the kids when I go out for shows, and supports all my ideas!!

2. Most importantly he is the spiritual head in our home and prays for us as well as teaches us God's word. He bought me a new dishwasher when ours broke to help clean up all my PC dishes. Bought me a new stove and microwave for my birthday last weekend to help me practice on new recipes without having to deal with a stove that won't heat up evenly. He is romantic and wonderful. He is the perfect man for me. He is loving, kind, gentle and funny! I love him more than anyone in this world, only second to Christ. I love him more than my own life!

3. My husband has the gift of evangelism and speaks truth to his family and friends. He is trustworthy, dependable and a man of his word. He is thoughtful and helpful every chance he gets. He looks to Christ for strength and knows only through Him can he do anything. He rises up for work each day, joyfully going to provide for his family. He is never lazy, always doing things around the house to help out (laundry, dishes, school work, playing horsey, etc..) even after work. He is a godly example to his co-workers of a man seeking righteousness but still down to earth and willing to give them the shirt off his back. He loves and gives expecting nothing in return!!

Debbie :D

Oooh, I love this thread. I have a WONDERFUL husband!

1. He is extremely supportive of my business. He is always willing to watch our son as much as I want to work. He helps me load my crate, get my catalogs and supplies together, helps me unload after the show, and always washes all my dishes while I get ready for bed and wind down. He is my number one cheerleader and talks me up to everyone he knows.

2. He is selfless when it comes to me. He always cleans up the dishes and kitchen when I cook. He offers to help when I'm cooking; he takes care of our son so I can make dinner in a more timely manner. ;) He always gets gas for me. He always takes out the trash without me having to ask. He bathes our son every night. He gets out my vitamins for me. He always tells me how much he loves me. He helps clean the house when I need it. He thinks I'm the best thing that ever happened to him. :) He is the spiritual head of our household.

3. He will do anything for anyone. He is always willing to help out my dad if he needs something. He is always cheerful no matter what...even if it's a job that he's not particularly fond of doing.

I am so thankful that God has placed him in my life. He truly is a wonderful husband and father.

janetupnorth said:

So...

What a wonderful idea Janet....... lets see here

1.) My husband is one of my biggest supports of my business.... he helps me load my car before I go to shows and unloads it when I get home. He also carries catalogs with him and tells everyone that he knows that I sell PC....We also have a PC sticker in the back window of his truck.... ladies laugh when he gives them a catalog and says " my wife will take care of your kitchen needs" I love him.....

2.) Tonight he took our daughter to dance and fixed dinner for her... and when I got home from my show tonight he had dinner waiting for the two of us.... cause he knows that when I get home I probably won't eat much.

3.)He is known as mr. fixet around our house too.... if their is a car,computer or anything that needs to be fixed he will fix it.. We also like to call him the Craigslist king if their is a bargain to find he will find it.....LOL

1. My husband always loads up my car for me before a show and makes sure all the dishes are done when I come home so I only have to do my show dishes.

2. He makes dinner for the kids and prays for me and my show when I'm gone.
He unloads my car when I get home and always asks how the show went.

3. He is such a hard worker and would do anything to help our family or his firends. The best thing he does for others is tell them about Jesus. You'd never know he's a Christian (by looking at him) until you hear him give his testimony and start inviting you to church!

Just remembered one more great thing! My DH does Pilates with me at 6:30am......even though he doesn't really need to.......but he knows how much I hate to exercise alone.....so he lays down on the floor and does it with me to encourage me and keep me motivated!

1. Bill is the best dad anywhere.
2. He does HOMEWORK with the kids... I'm not patient in this area
3. The man can fix virtually ANYTHING!
Bonus... did I mention he does HOMEWORK??? :)

1. He doesn't really try to support me but he helps with the kids even though he would rather me be with them than at a show.
2. He loves me, he may not help around the house or pick up his trash but he loves me.
3. He loves his family and helps them when he can.

I love this thread too! My DH is so supportive of me!

1. He always puts my bags in the car & waits up until I get home to help bring them in. He makes sure the dishwasher was run so it's empty for my show dishes. He watches my daughter for shows, when I need to make calls, etc. Last year when I had a lot of Saturday afternoon shows, they'd have a standing date for lunch (she's 2). He's also my sounding board & will listen & help when I'm not sure about what to do for shows, etc.

2. He tries to help when he can, especially since I've been pregnant. This pregnancy has had more aches & pains, so he's started massaging my back every night with few complaints. He will take my daughter outside to play or to the store if he sees I need some time to myself. I watch my niece & nephew all day too, so he always tries to give me some quiet time when he gets home. Just recently, he had flowers delivered to wish me luck on my open house!

3. He is the best dad! He's also a great uncle, taking our nephew to the hardware store with him when I'm babysitting him, playing ball with them at family functions. He'd be the first one to help a family member/friend in need.

For these reasons & more, my goal next year is to earn an incentive trip through PC for him! When we would take the trip (2009) is our 10th year of marriage, so I'd love to thank him for 10 years (well 12 years since we've been together) of support by treating him to a fabulous trip!

ChefBeckyD said:
Just remembered one more great thing! My DH does Pilates with me at 6:30am......even though he doesn't really need to.......but he knows how much I hate to exercise alone.....so he lays down on the floor and does it with me to encourage me and keep me motivated!

that is awesome!

quiverfull7 said:
1. Bill is the best dad anywhere.
2. He does HOMEWORK with the kids... I'm not patient in this area
3. The man can fix virtually ANYTHING!
Bonus... did I mention he does HOMEWORK??? :)

Isn't that wonderful. Mine helped our oldest last night while I was cleaning up the kitchen. As I was listening I had to keep myself from interrupting with the "right way", but when they were done, my son was just beaming with how his dad had helped him learn a new way!:thumbup:

janetupnorth said:

So...

1. NEVER complains about how much time I spend working my business, including making calls and amount (little or alot) of shows that I do. This is a biggie too - he never complains about the mess of an "office" that I keep!

2. He is wonderful with our finances. I'm a spender, and he is a saver, so this is definitely his domain and he does an excellent job. We live in a beautiful home,have plenty to eat, have working cars, and go on vacation atleast once a year.

3. He is always one to lend a hand or a tool.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you Janet for starting this. Too often I think about what I wish he would do, instead of focusing on what he does already.

1. My husband Dennis always supports my business. Often he will come to shows with me. He works an hour away, but tells his collegues about my business. A lot of great shows come from them!! He brings a catty to school for a catty show, promotes my business at concerts w/his friends. I just love him!

2. He gave me a home! Literally we just purchased one in July and there is no way I could afford a $3000 mortgage on my salary I WAS making. Since 3 weeks ago, I quit that job and I am committed to doing PC full time. I want to earn us that vacation we so desperate deserve!

3. He is wonderful, he goes above and beyond to help his friends. I used to say he wasnt handy, but when he has the time he can fix things. Just amazing all around.:angel: :angel:

pamperedgirl3 said:
For these reasons & more, my goal next year is to earn an incentive trip through PC for him! When we would take the trip (2009) is our 10th year of marriage, so I'd love to thank him for 10 years (well 12 years since we've been together) of support by treating him to a fabulous trip!

Ditto here too - that would be nice! We got married 9-11-99 so that year would be our 10th too!

Sounds like a lot of us found some great guys - isn't it awesome!!!

I find it easy to dwell on the "man he forgot to take out the garbage again" vs. the "he just put the kids to bed without me asking" or cleaned up the dishes or whatever. I have found though that the more I try to do things for him and praise him for the little things he does for me, the more he tries to do things for me. Isn't that awesome???

My husband is my best friend, he spoils me, encourages me, irritates me & is always by my side in everything in life..
But, the best thing I can say about him is: The greatest gift he has given our children is to LOVE me!!

1. He is the CEO of my business (Carry everything outter) he always makes sure the DW is unloaded, loads my dirty show dishes & has a grilled cheese sandwich ready when I walk in the door.

2. He remembers everything.... once when the kids were little and I was exasperated after grocery shopping with 3 kids in a downpour ( those were the days when the "mom mobile" was a mini van that only had doors that open on one side so buckling 3 kids in car seats I was soaked & grumpy!!) I made a comment when our kids are grown I'm gonna drive a little red convertible. On my 10th PC anniversary he surprised me with one. Last weekend he took all of us to my favorite rest. when they seated us there was a bottle of my favorite champagne chilling. I was confused, & when we sat down he said it was a celebration for me being recognized in my Upline Directors newsletter for sales!

3 He will go out of his way to do things for people. (mowing, lending things, taking our friends kids somewhere if they can't, making sure my elderly mom in Iowa has everything she needs.)

I am truly blessed and I hope my daughter finds someone who loves her as much. I always tell her when you date a boy see how he treats his mother....

Teresa Lynn said:
My husband is my best friend, he spoils me, encourages me, irritates me & is always by my side in everything in life..
But, the best thing I can say about him is: The greatest gift he has given our children is to LOVE me!!

1. He is the CEO of my business (Carry everything outter) he always makes sure the DW is unloaded, loads my dirty show dishes & has a grilled cheese sandwich ready when I walk in the door.

2. He remembers everything.... once when the kids were little and I was exasperated after grocery shopping with 3 kids in a downpour ( those were the days when the "mom mobile" was a mini van that only had doors that open on one side so buckling 3 kids in car seats I was soaked & grumpy!!) I made a comment when our kids are grown I'm gonna drive a little red convertible. On my 10th PC anniversary he surprised me with one. Last weekend he took all of us to my favorite rest. when they seated us there was a bottle of my favorite champagne chilling. I was confused, & when we sat down he said it was a celebration for me being recognized in my Upline Directors newsletter for sales!

3 He will go out of his way to do things for people. (mowing, lending things, taking our friends kids somewhere if they can't, making sure my elderly mom in Iowa has everything she needs.)

I am truly blessed and I hope my daughter finds someone who loves her as much. I always tell her when you date a boy see how he treats his mother....

LOVE THIS!!! Can't wait to tell DH that he is the CEO of my business when HE is packing everything in the car for me to take to my show tonight!:thumbup: :D

Oh this is a GREAT thread!! Thanks for starting!!

1. My hubby promotes my business at work, and helps me get ready for shows, and is realy supportive of me.
2. He is so sweet to me, he does so much for me, dishes, takes care of the dog, just all those little things!! He surprises me with sweet things like Steak and Shrimp and Wine.. hehe.
3.We dont have a family yet.. hopefully soon.. but he is great around the house, and with me.

I have a wonderful husband.. and your right. I am going to tell him all this today!!

My husband is awesome. He works so hard so that I can stay home with our son. He's completely selfless and loves us so much. He's the best thing to happen to me. A few days ago, he was looking at a PC book to see what he could order to help my last show meet her 150 requirement. He's very open minded and doesn't complain when I turn around and spend my entire commission on PC products, even though I have way too many that I don't even use already. He's supportive of me and my goals in life. He tries to drop my name with his family any time he can to help promote the business. (his mom and dad love pc, but have never had a party, I'm trying to get them on board). I love him so much just for being him!

My husband is the heart of my business. When I feel down about a show not going well, or low booking, he encourages me, and reminds me that I would not be happy doing anything else. He is an accountant, so he keeps all of my books for me. All I need to do is upload the show, and give him the paperwork, and he does the rest. He makes all of my deposits, ect. He loads and unloads my car for me, and will go on shows if he has time.

janetupnorth said:
My husband is my best friend, too, and is the most perfect man in the world for me. :)

1. He is always willing to let me try new recipes on him & will give me an honest opinion of them. He carries all of my stuff to the van for me & is my dishwasher when I come home. He encourages me even when I'm feeling down about bookings/shows/etc.

2. He loves me as me. He thinks I'm the best mom/wife in the world. He tells me that I'm beautiful even when I know that I'm not. :) He juggles all of his jobs & duties & still finds time to just wrap me up in his big arms & hold me.

3. He's got such a big heart that he will do anything someone asks of him, even after working outside all day in extreme conditions (it never fails that someone asks him to do something either when it's 100 or 0 outside. Not usually in between).

I know AJ would do more if he had more time but I am gratefull for what he does give me.

1. AJ supports me by letting me take my 1 hour during our dinner time to do a conference call with my upline. He takes catalogs to work and spreads the word that I do Pampered Chef. Everytime I tell him about a show, cancellation or talk PC he just listens and that means a lot!

2. AJ gives me Mommy time when I need it. There can be days where I am downright out of my mind and it will be his only day off where he may have planned a whole day of just being with us but he'll tell me to do whatever I'd like and he will take care of the kids instead. He will bring me chocolates or flowers from work and he calls me up to 3 times a day just to see what new even though there is nothing to report.

3. We are not close to family but he makes sure he calls them once a week to say hello. He started going to church with us (Me and the kids) and that is the best gift ever!

I'm so glad we're all blessed with wonderful and supportive husbands! My favorite PC related thing my husband ever did was have a secret catalog show last year that closed at over $1000 in orders. He wrapped the order forms up and gave them to me as an anniversary gift last year! He also does the loading and unloading, most dishwashing, and he's great with our 3 kids. He even gets on chef success to print things out for me when he's at work.

susan g said:
I'm so glad we're all blessed with wonderful and supportive husbands! My favorite PC related thing my husband ever did was have a secret catalog show last year that closed at over $1000 in orders. He wrapped the order forms up and gave them to me as an anniversary gift last year! He also does the loading and unloading, most dishwashing, and he's great with our 3 kids. He even gets on chef success to print things out for me when he's at work.
So how do we know it's you typing this, and not him? ;)

So...

My husband will go with me whenever I do couples parties, and he will wash the dishes for me so that I can make phone calls or do whatever I need to do!

If I cook supper, he will clean the kitchen! He washes the love bugs off my new truck every night!

He loves spending time with my Dad! They enjoy hunting and fishing! I don't have any brothers, so Jeff is like my father's son!!

susan g said:

THAT is cool!:thumbup:

Teresa Lynn said:

I LOVE IT!!!! that is a good one!!

chefann said:
So how do we know it's you typing this, and not him? ;)

He's too busy doing my Pampered Chef work to type this!;)

My spouse always makes sure to attend my Pampered Chef parties and events, and encourages their friends and family to do the same. They also help me set up and clean up after events, and even help me promote my business on social media.

My spouse always knows how to make me feel special and loved. They surprise me with thoughtful gestures, like bringing home my favorite dessert or planning a romantic date night. They also listen to my ideas and dreams, and support me in pursuing them.

My spouse is always there for our family and friends when they need help or support. They are the first to offer a helping hand or a listening ear, and their kindness and generosity truly make a difference in the lives of those around us.

I would love to have a spouse who is supportive, understanding, and always willing to communicate and work through any challenges. I would also appreciate someone who is kind, caring, and always puts our family and friends first.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ihavethetools
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ihavethetools
  • KimberleePowell