• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Think This Would Work?

In summary, Sarah made a cake in the rice cooker and it was delicious. She found that it was easy to make and recommended trying it with different frosting combinations.
Kandio
I have made the cake in the rice cooker and it is awesome! However, I can't get to the grocery store and I don't have any frosting, I have a white cake mix - do you think it would work to use cherry pie filling instead of the frosting? I know it sounds a little weird - but I am desperate! Please give me your honest opinions.

mmm that sounds like it would taste good. Kinda cobbler-ish. I would think it would work. But don't take my word for it!!

Are you taking to a show or is this for you? If it is for you I say go for it as it sounds great! If it flops, you guys can still eat it. If it is for a show, I might make a run to the store as who knows how this will turn out aesthetically.

I say try it! You won't know unless you try. Let us know how it turns out!!

I've never made the cake in the rice cooker. Is it hard to make?

Sounds yummy! It would be worth a try! Let us know how it turns out!

I bet it would be good~let us know!!

only use about half the can of pie filling, then put the rest on top when it comes out

PChefPEI said:
I say try it! You won't know unless you try. Let us know how it turns out!!

I've never made the cake in the rice cooker. Is it hard to make?

Just mix a regular cake like normal in the rice cooker. Put 8-10 of our small cookie scoops of frosting on the top. Put the lid on and microwave for about 9 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes then turn out onto a plate. Be careful because the frosting will have melted and will run out like lava. Make sure that the plate you turn it out on has a "lip" on it too, other wise it will run off the plate and all over!

Thanks, Sarah. I knew it had to be easy! ;)

It worked! I made it last night for my mom's birthday dinner (I found out I was supposed to make dessert about an hour before). It was really good and I will definately make it again this way. I only used half a can of cherries, but the whole can might have been better. If you have not used the rice cooker for cakes, definately do because they are easy and taste delicious! Try German chocolate frosting and chocolate cake - you will be hooked!

Related to Does Anyone Think This Would Work?

1. Does anyone think this would work for making smoothies?

Yes, many of our customers have had success using our blender for making smoothies. It has a powerful motor and sharp blades that can easily blend fruits and vegetables into a smooth consistency. Plus, the blender comes with a recipe book specifically for smoothies.

2. Can this be used for crushing ice?

Absolutely! Our blender is designed to crush ice, making it perfect for creating frozen drinks and smoothies. Its powerful motor and durable blades can easily handle crushing ice cubes into a fine, slushy texture.

3. Is this blender dishwasher safe?

Yes, our blender is dishwasher safe. The pitcher, lid, and blades can all be safely placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand-washing the blades to maintain their sharpness and longevity.

4. Can I use this blender for hot liquids?

No, our blender is not recommended for blending hot liquids. The high temperatures can cause pressure to build up inside the blender, which can be dangerous. It is best to let hot liquids cool down before blending them.

5. Is this blender loud?

Our blender does make some noise while in use, but it is not excessively loud. Its powerful motor and sharp blades can create a slight noise, but it is not disruptive or bothersome. Plus, the blender comes with a sound-dampening pad to help reduce noise levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchefinski
  • Deannasbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • DebinCincy