• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Offer Birthday Specials to Their Past Hosts?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of offering a birthday special for past hosts and customers. Some suggestions include offering a discount, free shipping, or a free product during the birthday month. Others have had limited success with this approach, but one person has had success using Birthday Alarm to send personalized birthday greetings with a discount offer.
PChefRenee
Silver Member
I was thinking of offering a birthday special for my past hosts during the month of their birthday. Do any of you do this? If so, what do you offer them? A % discount, free shipping, etc? Maybe I'm being too generous. Maybe just a card would suffice. What's your opinion?

I have only a few birthdays noted in my customer list (and I always forget to mention), but I send an email offering a free bottle of caramel or cinnamon sprinkles during their birthday month. It also has a coupon for 10% off an order that month, and a second bottle of sprinkles (the other flavor) if their order is $60 product value after the discount. Nobody's taken me up on it yet.

My Mary Kay lady sends me a 10 or 20% coupon around my b-day but I don't do it for my customers.

I offer 10% off their order to all my customers/past hosts on my email newsletter list. There's about 275 people on the list and I only have had about 5 take me up on it in 2+ years. They have to email me back with their birthdate (no year :) ) and then they are a member of the birthday club.

I have only had 1 person ask to sign up for the birthday club & then didn't even use her extra discount. Oh well! No loss for me then.

I posted this elsewhere, but . . .I signed up with birthdayalarm.com. They give you a link for your friends (or, in this case, customers and hosts) to use to enter their birthdays. When someone signs up for my newsletter, I invited them to enter their birthday. There's also a place on my website that gives people the link. Birthday Alarm emails me the first notice of their birthday a week before. The second I get the day before. At that point I email the person a birthday greeting and offer them 10% off anything they order for the next month. It makes people feel special, and it doesn't cost me much.BTW, Birthday Alarm is free.

Related to Does Anyone Offer Birthday Specials to Their Past Hosts?

What are the requirements for a past host to be eligible for a birthday special?

The requirements for a past host to be eligible for a birthday special may vary depending on the consultant or team leader. Generally, the host must have hosted a party within the past year and be an active customer with a certain minimum purchase amount. It's best to check with your consultant for specific requirements.

What type of birthday specials are typically offered to past hosts?

The type of birthday specials offered may vary, but some common examples include a percentage off or free item with purchase on the host's birthday, a discount code to use on their next purchase, or a special gift or product bundle from the consultant. Some consultants may also offer personalized specials based on the host's preferences or wish list.

How can a past host redeem their birthday special?

The process for redeeming a birthday special may also vary depending on the consultant. In most cases, the host will receive a special code or offer via email or mail, which they can then use when placing an order with their consultant. Some consultants may also require the host to mention the birthday special when placing their order over the phone or in person.

Do birthday specials expire?

Yes, birthday specials typically have an expiration date, which may vary depending on the consultant. It's important for past hosts to redeem their birthday special before the expiration date to ensure they can take advantage of the offer.

Can a past host still receive a birthday special if they haven't hosted a party recently?

It depends on the consultant's policies. Some may offer birthday specials to past hosts regardless of when they last hosted a party, while others may require the host to have hosted within the past year. It's best to check with your consultant for their specific policies on birthday specials for past hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • lesliec
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampchefrhondab