• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have a Suggestion for a ....

In summary, my best friend is allergic to mayo, and I think it would be a great thing to know for the future. She can use yogurt cheese in its place, and it is just as good without all the "non-food" ingredients that are in non-fat cream cheese.
Denarella
....substitute for mayo? My best friend is allergic to it and I think it would be a great thing to know for the future. (i.e. greek party squares, chicken and broccoli braid)

Thanks, D

nonfat yogurt
cream cheese
Cottage cheese
Sour cream
nayonaise (soy based altern to mayo, but not sure what part she is allergic to)

Yogurt! Perfect! And the measurements stay the same, correct?

They should. If you want the yogurt a little thicker, line our strainer with a paper coffee filter, place it over a bowl, and put plain yogurt in it. Let the excess whey drain out - the longer it sits, the thicker it will be. You can even leave it in the fridge overnight, and it'll be like really soft cream cheese.

Lovely! Thank you, Oh Wise One! ;)

I learned that from Graham Kerr. Drained yogurt, or "yogurt cheese" is a great thing to spread on chicken breasts before rolling them in a mixture of breadcrumbs and finely grated parmesan cheese. Saute or bake, then serve with marinara.

chefann said:
I learned that from Graham Kerr. Drained yogurt, or "yogurt cheese" is a great thing to spread on chicken breasts before rolling them in a mixture of breadcrumbs and finely grated parmesan cheese. Saute or bake, then serve with marinara.

I use yogurt cheese almost all the time in place of cream cheese - no one can ever tell the difference - and it's much healthier for you! You can use lowfat or nonfat yogurt and have the same texture as cream cheese - w/o all the "non-food" ingredients you would find in non-fat cream cheese!

Just make sure you buy a good brand of plain yogurt that doesn't have gelatin listed in the ingredients - doesn't work as well. I use Stoneyfield Farms Lowfat Yogurt usually.

I don't know what the difference between mayo and miracle whip (besides taste)... personally I think mayo is yucky, but my Dh loves it. So I don't know if that is a possiblity.

Miracle Whip is based on mayo, with some additional ingredients (cider vinegar and sugar). So anyone allergic to mayo would also be allergic to it.

And a mayo allergy is probably an egg allergy, since mayo is just oil and eggs.

This has been another usless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

Related to Does Anyone Have a Suggestion for a ....

1. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good knife set?

Our most popular knife set is the Eight-piece Knife Block Set, which includes a chef's knife, bread knife, utility knife, paring knife, kitchen shears, and four steak knives. It also comes with a versatile wooden block for storage.

2. Can anyone recommend a good non-stick cookware set?

We have received great feedback on our non-stick cookware sets, specifically the Executive Non-Stick Cookware Set. It includes a 10" skillet, 8" skillet, 2-qt. saucepan, 3-qt. sauté pan, 6-qt. stockpot, and a lid for each piece. The non-stick coating is durable and scratch-resistant for long-lasting use.

3. What is the best tool for spiralizing vegetables?

We highly recommend our Veggie Spiralizer, which easily turns vegetables like zucchini, carrots, and sweet potatoes into healthy and fun noodle shapes. It also has multiple blades for different thickness options and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good baking dish set?

Our Stoneware Baking Dish Set is a customer favorite. It includes a rectangular baker, square baker, and a small baker, perfect for all your baking needs. The stoneware material ensures even heating and its non-porous glaze makes it easy to clean.

5. Can anyone recommend a good blender for smoothies?

Our Deluxe Cooking Blender is a versatile and powerful option for making smoothies and other blended drinks. It can also be used for cooking and has several speed settings for different blending needs. Its large capacity and self-cleaning feature make it a convenient choice for any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • booksx2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies