• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Prep Bowl Sets Be Sold in Smaller Quantities?

In summary, the Prep Bowls come in a set of 2 or 4 but customers should not order 6 of them because they will be disappointed.
emiscookin
...our 1 cup Prep Bowl sets should come in a set of 2 or 4? NOT 6!!

I have had a couple of customers ask me if we sell the Prep Bowls in a smaller quantity and sadly I had to tell them No. You could just see the look on their face as they said, "Well, I don't need 6!"

Do you think maybe I should make a suggestion to PC about that?

I have two sets! They come in handy for all sort of things.

I won't hurt to suggest it..but let me tell you. I don't think that 6 is enough sometimes. I love them and use them so much for so many different things.

A customer wanted a combo set of 2 1-cup preps and 2 2-cup preps. Lots of possibilities.

I agree with you ladies, but apparently some of my customers don't. I should mention all the uses for them and maybe they will see why 6 of them is a good quantity! ;)

I don't agree at all, I've been wanting to get another set for a while now, I use them constantly! :)

If you start telling your customers everything they will use them for, they will end up using them more often.

emiscookin said:
I agree with you ladies, but apparently some of my customers don't. I should mention all the uses for them and maybe they will see why 6 of them is a good quantity! ;)

That is a good idea. I love mine with my sewing stuff. I use it for my straight pins. I know not a kitchen use but they are a great size for that.

Sure, crafts, anyone scrapbooks, etc. I use them for leftovers, I make jello and pudding, use them for snack bowls, salsa, heck, I just packed one in my husband's lunch today with the stipulation "BRING THAT BOWL RIGHT BACK HOME!".
They are perfect for ice cream, etc so you aren't filling up your bowl with 3-4 cups which could be done easily.

I have two sets also and use them all the time. Between using for leftover little things (like parmesan or sauces), to when I'm cooking and baking (breaking eggs into them separately).PLUS- they would really want those 6 if they made the DELICIOUS Chocolate cakes in one of our Seasons Best! :)They are just customers like what I was before I got them- I thought it silly to buy them because honestly, why can't I just use a regular bowl from my cabinet or a cereal bowl. But after I got them, I had to get another set! Maybe I can see if they offered them in a set of 4, then customers could choose to get more if they wanted....as long as the price was adjusted accordingly.

i use them all as well. in fact, i dont think there is enough in the set

I definitely don't think 6 is enough. I have a customer who is a beautician ( stylist? hair artist? )
Anyhoo.. she uses her for her bobby pins, pony tail holders, etc as well.

I have 20 prep bowls :)

leftymac said:
I have 20 prep bowls :)

So do I! And I still seem to run out of them! Love Love Love Them! Who would want only 2? I've been thinking of ordering another set.

I wish the 2 cup set came in a set of 4-6.

I've been on a mission to get rid of as much plastic storage containers as possible, and the prep bowls, both sizes, are perfect for us. I use them for lunches, to serve snacks and desserts, for leftover storage, for other storage....to freeze individual servings of soup and casseroles.

emiscookin said:
...our 1 cup Prep Bowl sets should come in a set of 2 or 4? NOT 6!!

I have had a couple of customers ask me if we sell the Prep Bowls in a smaller quantity and sadly I had to tell them No. You could just see the look on their face as they said, "Well, I don't need 6!"

Do you think maybe I should make a suggestion to PC about that?

Hee hee, you can tell them they'll get two in their New Consultant Kit when they sign up!!:p Then, when they realize they need more, and order a whole set, they'll have 8!!:love:

ChefBeckyD said:
So do I! And I still seem to run out of them! Love Love Love Them! Who would want only 2? I've been thinking of ordering another set.

I wish the 2 cup set came in a set of 4-6.

I've been on a mission to get rid of as much plastic storage containers as possible, and the prep bowls, both sizes, are perfect for us. I use them for lunches, to serve snacks and desserts, for leftover storage, for other storage....to freeze individual servings of soup and casseroles.

I agree we do need more 2 cup bowl sets

Sorry, I'd prefer getting more, not fewer.

pampchefsarah said:
Hee hee, you can tell them they'll get two in their New Consultant Kit when they sign up!!:p Then, when they realize they need more, and order a whole set, they'll have 8!!:love:

I was thinking that..but then I was thinking that I was wrong..and forgot to check so I could post it..LOL.

I have 2 sets and sometimes wish I had more! They even stack well together (pack of 6) when I am not using them all. So many uses and the price is great for what you are getting too!

Please don't suggest it! lol

I have 14, and still find myself wanting more for all the reasons listed above. If they only want 2, suggest they buy the 2 cup prep bowls?

Or they can buy a whole set and when they figure out that they don't want all of them..and I think they will be happy to have all of them buy anyway..IF they don't then they can use them as small gifts. They can fill them with M&Ms or Hershey kisses for Hairdresser gifts.

Hee hee! I love how this thread has turned out! :D
Thanks for all the suggestions and stories! I never would have thought to use the Prep Bowls for things other than cooking! Clever!
Well, since I see there ARE so many uses for them and most of you have MORE then one set, I don't think I will make the suggestion to PC after all. ;)

pampchefsarah said:

NICE! :D
Wish I could've thought of that at that exact moment!!

Yup, I'd rather have more than less!! I have the set of 6 plus the two that came in my kit. I could stand to have about 15 more!! LOL!

I'm still at just the 2 that came in my set, plus I lost one of the lids... I really need to order a full set for myself. I definitely could use more of the 1-cup and the 2-cup. I really like to be able to see clearly what's in them in the fridge... you waste much less food when you know what leftovers you have!

My sister ordered these and she thought 6 was a lot for a single person. Now, she says she has used them for so many things in her house, she wants to order another set. She even put some kind of aromatic beads in two in her bathroom for decoration and for the scent! I never would have thought to do that but it works great in her bathroom (smells great too!).

I am OBSESSED with my prep bowls. Can never have enough, now I wish the 2 cup came in a set of 4 for less money. $15 for 2 is a little expensive (but I already have 3 sets...):blushing:

You have 3 sets of the 2 cup preps? What all are you using them for? I use the 1 cup endlessly but really don't find myself using the 2 cup nearly as much.

Use those comments to your advantage - it's a great opportunity to give them a great budget friendly tip and a reason to need MORE than 6. Just say something about "Have you ever had a container of leftovers in the back of the fridge that you are afraid to open because you can't remember how long it's been there let alone what's in it? We are more likely to eat things we can see so using the prep bowls to store leftovers is a great way to save money, keep your fridge organized, and avoid nasty science experiments developing in your fridge! And no longer will you have to hear your husband/child/roommate say OH I wanted to eat that but I forgot it was in there!"

wadesgirl said:
I have two sets! They come in handy for all sort of things.

^^yeah that. I have two sets that are constantly in use.

If you all want to keep the "uses" coming, I'll compile them into a flyer to hand out or display...

And don't forget about the 1 egg omelet!! When they first came out this was a tip shared at a cluster meeting. Beat 1 egg in the bowl then add a smidge of meat and a smidge of cheese (or whatever filling you want) then microwave the bowl (without the lid) for one minute. Perfectly cooked personal omelet. My sons did this all the time!! If they were hungry for a little more or late for school they could make some toast and have it as a sandwich.

People LOVE that tip!! I LOVE the prep bowls also!! Oh yea, share the mini-cakes!!! Mix in a gallon size bag 1 box of cake mix and 1 box of instant pudding mix. They can leave that in the pantry for about 6 months or so (longer more than likely). When they want some cake they will scoop out 1/2 cup of the mix then add 1 egg, 1 tbls water and oil. Mix well in bowl then microwvave between 60 and 90 seconds depending on the wattage of their microwave!

I share those 2 tips everytime I talk about the Prep Bowls. These are GOTTA HAVE items!!! You have to have at least 1 set. Six is a good starter! They do not need less!!

I have four sets; sometimes even THAT isn't enough. I make large batches of things, then freeze them. They're great for oatmeal, pancake mix, applesauce, cut up fruit, etc. It's a great way to portion your food!!!

here's another fun variation to the personal omelet.
Line the bottom of the dish with 1 slice Canadian bacon
put that one beaten egg on it, and microwave one minute,.One of my cabinets is full of various prep bowls, PC and otherwise.Marghi

Related to Should Prep Bowl Sets Be Sold in Smaller Quantities?

1. Can I purchase the 1 cup Prep Bowl sets in a smaller quantity?

Unfortunately, at this time the 1 cup Prep Bowl sets are only available in a set of 6. We understand that not everyone needs 6 bowls and we appreciate your feedback. We will definitely pass along your suggestion to our team.

2. Why don't the 1 cup Prep Bowl sets come in a set of 2 or 4?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The decision to offer the Prep Bowl sets in a set of 6 was based on customer demand and usage. However, we value your feedback and will consider offering smaller sets in the future.

3. Can I purchase individual 1 cup Prep Bowls?

At this time, we do not offer individual 1 cup Prep Bowls. However, our sets are designed to provide a variety of sizes for all your cooking and baking needs.

4. Is there a way to customize the number of bowls in a set?

Currently, our sets come in predetermined quantities and cannot be customized. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will consider offering customizable options in the future.

5. Can I mix and match Prep Bowl sets to get the desired quantity?

We do not recommend mixing and matching Prep Bowl sets as they are designed to stack and nest together for easy storage. Additionally, each set comes with a specially designed storage lid to keep your bowls organized and secure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u