• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Subscribe to 123 by Request?

In summary, Linda is wondering if the newsletter usually comes out around the 20th, if anyone else has had trouble getting in touch with her, and if the website sales are good.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I just subscribed this week and don't know if I missed the August newsletter or not. I've sent a few emails and haven't heard back from her. If you use this service, please pm or email me and let me know if I missed the August newsletter.

Thanks.

Linda
[email protected]

Also, is she normally so hard to get in touch with or could it just be the summer vacations? I really like her newsletters.

I got my newsletters on July 20th. I haven't tried to contact her so I don't know if she responds quickly.

I got mine on the 20th too and also got the going, going, gone email on the 23rd. I had to contact her once and she was really quick.

I didn't get mine either and she responded a few days ago saying that she would try to re-send it and it still hasn't shown up.

I got the Going, Going, Gone flyer, just not the Aug Newsletter.

I wonder if there is an issue with her e-mail or if she is on vacation, because the correspondence is taking a LONG time to be replied to.

If you contact her, please reference me as well!

Thanks!

Linda, I just pm'd you

Does the newsletter usually come out around the 20th?

Can someone tell me what 123 by Request is???

Dawn4 said:
Can someone tell me what 123 by Request is???
It's a monthly newsletter service. You can visit the website at 123byrequest.com

Thank you!!

I think it's actually supposed to come out by the 15th, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't usually even look at it until the last few days of the month. I actually think she must have something going on right now because I kind of feel like the flyer and newsletter were not up to her usual standards this month. Anyone else feel the same?

I've had to correct minor typos on the last few issues. A big tense issue in the first paragraph about August and the sizzling deals. It bugs me enough that I'm probably not going to renew when my subscription runs out...

how much is it to subscribe and how do the newsletters come?? As an attachment or just where you can send it to your customers in the body of an email????

ivykeep said:
I've had to correct minor typos on the last few issues. A big tense issue in the first paragraph about August and the sizzling deals. It bugs me enough that I'm probably not going to renew when my subscription runs out...
Yikes! I hope she's just temporarily distracted and this will clear up. I'm subscribing so I can spend my time more efficiently and focus on other parts of my biz......

Not to take away from anyones business (as in, newsletters) but let me tell you what I am doing now. My main focus is to get people TO MY WEBSITE! So, at shows, I ask them if they would like to receive a free recipe each month. Then, at the beginning of each month, I email out this VERY SHORT email (if it's too long, people will just delete it...how many emails do YOU delete with out reading them?!?!)

Subject line: Your Pampered Chef Recipe is ready!

Body: Your Pampered Chef recipe is ready to view! Click on this link: then I list my website.

That way, I am driving people to my site. I also don't list the recipe on the main page- they have to look in my NEWS section to find it.

This has been just as successful (no, actually more...) than a newsletter service that I used for two years.

KellyTheChef said:
Not to take away from anyones business (as in, newsletters) but let me tell you what I am doing now. My main focus is to get people TO MY WEBSITE! So, at shows, I ask them if they would like to receive a free recipe each month. Then, at the beginning of each month, I email out this VERY SHORT email (if it's too long, people will just delete it...how many emails do YOU delete with out reading them?!?!)

Body: Your Pampered Chef recipe is ready to view! Click on this link: then I list my website.

That way, I am driving people to my site. I also don't list the recipe on the main page- they have to look in my NEWS section to find it.

This has been just as successful (no, actually more...) than a newsletter service that I used for two years.

Wow! I love your idea!!! Have you gotten any website sales from it?

chefkristin said:
Wow! I love your idea!!! Have you gotten any website sales from it?
Yes, also a Director friend of mine gets TONS of sales ($100+) each month...but she does have quite a few more emails than I do!! :eek:

KellyTheChef said:
Yes, also a Director friend of mine gets TONS of sales ($100+) each month...but she does have quite a few more emails than I do!! :eek:
What recipes do you use? You just change it on your website?

chefkristin said:
What recipes do you use? You just change it on your website?
Yep!

Sometimes it's the PC "featured recipe" that's on the main website every month...that way I can also use their picture of the recipe! Sometimes, I use different ones. You can check my website if you want! (look at my siggy)

I guess Stephanie was away for a few days....I just got @ 8 emails from her....newsletter included!

Janice, did you hear from her too?

Yep! Got it!!

Ok, she officially CAN NOT take anymore vacations!! ;)

I also signed up this week and just got it today. So, if you don't have it by now, you will probably have it soon.

pamperedlinda said:
I guess Stephanie was away for a few days....I just got @ 8 emails from her....newsletter included!

Janice, did you hear from her too?
I used to subscribe to her, and she was always VERY good about getting everything out on time, or "making it right" if something was goofed up!

I really liked her newsletter...didn't want you all to get the wrong impression....I just decided to go a new route!

KellyTheChef said:

This is what I do also.....and in the last 4 months( keeping in mind I am not a director, and so don't get HO leads) I have had $800 in online orders. I do have a large email list - but I have cultivated that list through the years. I love getting those unexpected emails saying that I have had online activity!

I direct them to my website in about 4-5 places in a short email that gives just a little info about upcoming specials, and about the recipes on my website.....This month, I have all Grilling recipes (usually I have 3-4) so I talked about Grilling, and gave a couple grilling tips in the email, and directed them to my website for more........

I keep my website pretty basic - with just the info that I want for them to know......and I ALWAYS list my calendar for the month so if they look, they will know that I am serious about this being my BUSINESS!

KellyTheChef said:
I used to subscribe to her, and she was always VERY good about getting everything out on time, or "making it right" if something was goofed up!

I really liked her newsletter...didn't want you all to get the wrong impression....I just decided to go a new route!
I hope I like using this. I'm so used to doing my own and I have trouble 'letting go', but I have to spend more time on growing my biz....probably means I need to stay off here a little more too....:eek:

Istill have not gotten mineI guess I will try emailing her again :(

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I do also.....and in the last 4 months( keeping in mind I am not a director, and so don't get HO leads) I have had $800 in online orders. I do have a large email list - but I have cultivated that list through the years. I love getting those unexpected emails saying that I have had online activity!

I direct them to my website in about 4-5 places in a short email that gives just a little info about upcoming specials, and about the recipes on my website.....This month, I have all Grilling recipes (usually I have 3-4) so I talked about Grilling, and gave a couple grilling tips in the email, and directed them to my website for more........

I keep my website pretty basic - with just the info that I want for them to know......and I ALWAYS list my calendar for the month so if they look, they will know that I am serious about this being my BUSINESS!

Becky, Can you send me an example of your newsletter? [email protected] Also, I would love to see your website, can you post your /...?

Thanks!

Oh bummer Linda, that means no more of your wonderful free newsletters! :( Well they were great while it lasted! :)

sfdavis918 said:
Becky, Can you send me an example of your newsletter? [email protected] Also, I would love to see your website, can you post your /...?

Thanks!
Hey Sarah,

I don't save my newsletters - it's basically just an email - I'll post my August one when I do it in the next couple of days.....

My website is /cookinwithbecky

However, I just was deleting stuff off from there to get it updated before I send out my August email newsletter - so It will look better when I finish updating a a day or so......

I just subscribed yesterday and have not received anything from her either??? I have emailed her twice...with no response. I was really hoping to have the August newsletter to email out by tomorrow. Those of you who did hear from her....was she on vacation?

Amy, she sent the August newsletter in mid July. If you want to start with August, just drop her an email and have her back-date your subscription, I'm sure she'll do that.

So good to see that I'm not the only one that keeps the email newsletter short and sweet! I direct them to my website, and I keep all the info that anyone needs on my website (including my hosts' instructions and shopping list!)

I love the idea of JUST emailing that the recipe is ready and direct them to the site!!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE spending time on newsletters.... it's such a waste of time, of which I have LITTLE, anyway.... lol (MY opinion, for MYSELF only.... not saying that others are wasting their time by doing this, it just isn't productive for me....) :~)

I subscribed to 123 By Request a couple of weeks ago, but have emailed her to ask her to cancel my subscription because I found a bunch of typos. Plus, I like the simpler approach, too. I just can't see people reading even the 'abbreviated' version of it. I just love how my old one looks! LOL.Anyway, if she doesn't give me a refund, it's only $20... so I am not sweating it.

RachelNguyen said:
I subscribed to 123 By Request a couple of weeks ago, but have emailed her to ask her to cancel my subscription because I found a bunch of typos. Plus, I like the simpler approach, too. I just can't see people reading even the 'abbreviated' version of it. I just love how my old one looks! LOL.

Anyway, if she doesn't give me a refund, it's only $20... so I am not sweating it.
I just got my emails from her and have not had a chance to look it over. Where are the typos?

I got mine and after looking at it briefly, I am disappointed again this month. I don't think I will re-up after my subscription runs out, which is in October. Bummer, because I really liked it up until a few months ago.

sfdavis918 said:
I got mine and after looking at it briefly, I am disappointed again this month. I don't think I will re-up after my subscription runs out, which is in October. Bummer, because I really liked it up until a few months ago.
I'm kinda tossed too. I've looked at her newsletters for a while - some of her samples and some from other consultants who subscribe to her and have always been impressed with them and that's why I chose hers over the other that are out there. I was thinking to myself that I liked her past stuff so much better. I hate to say it, but I'm glad it's not just me thinking this. I had decided to subscribe to save myself some time each month, but as it turns out I'm still doing my own! I am using some of the stuff that she send and incorporating it into mine (that's is why I'm not posting mine to share anymore). Oh well, I'll give it a try, maybe she's is just in a slump and it will get better.

SoccerMamma ... If you are reading this still, I'd be interested in seeing what you send your customers in the email and also what exactly you do with your website to get everything on there ... thanks!

1. What is 123 by Request?

123 by Request is a monthly subscription service offered by Pampered Chef. It includes a newsletter with exclusive recipes, tips, and promotions.

2. Did I miss the August newsletter?

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the August newsletter. If you just subscribed this week, it's possible that the newsletter has not been sent out yet. You can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for more information about the newsletter's release date.

3. What should I do if I haven't heard back from Pampered Chef after sending emails?

We apologize for any delay in our response. Our customer service team is currently experiencing a high volume of emails, but we strive to get back to our customers as soon as possible. If you have not received a response within a reasonable amount of time, please reach out to us again or contact us through other channels like phone or social media.

4. Can someone who uses 123 by Request let me know if I missed the August newsletter?

We encourage our customers to reach out to fellow subscribers through our online community or social media channels for updates on the newsletter. However, please keep in mind that the release date may vary for different subscribers depending on when they subscribed.

5. Is it common to have difficulty getting in touch with Pampered Chef?

We apologize if you have had difficulty getting in touch with us. Our customer service team strives to respond to all inquiries as soon as possible. However, during peak seasons or holidays, there may be a delay in our response time. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gkoinski
  • Chefstover2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • KristyH