• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Request for "Removing" From My List

In summary, Jenna's new contact tracking system requires her to get approval from people before she starts sending them emails, and she got a dozen "remove me from your list" responses. She tried to think of it from the perspective of others and said that it's their loss.
babywings76
Gold Member
:cry: I am so bummed. I had been making my own newsletters since I just started. Well, after last month's one where I was up late at night putting it together my DH told me it would be worth the $2 a month to get a subscription service so that I don't have to spend so much time on it. So...I subscribed to a service and no joke...after just 1 hour I had my first request for me to unsubscribe the person from my list. And this is from a friend from church who always seems supportive of direct sales stuff (she used to sell MK) I'm so sad. I know I shouldn't let it bother me. But now I'm wondering if my new newsletter doesn't seem personal, like it's really from me. Do you think they think it's from the company and view it as junk mail now? :eek:

Anyone else have this fear?

You know, if the removal is from a friend...I would ask her about it. Maybe she has a reason for asking to be removed....like her email won't support html or something like that.

It also could have been a family member (read, husband) unsubscribing in an effort to "help simplify things."

Oh, I feel your pain! The new contact tracking system I'm using requires me to get approval from people before I start sending them emails. I want to send my newsletter using it, so I sent out the permission emails last week and got a dozen "remove me from your list". I know I shouldn't focus on those, but it bummed me out too a little. :(

But, it really sucks when it's a friend. I would bring it up, as Becky suggested. You never know what her reason might be.

Don't take it personally. From time to time I'll get a bunch of remove me responses through constant contact. I figure - their loss - I typically offer several incentives throughout the year, and that's the only way you get invited to my client appreciation event.

I just got one too. Not a friend, but someone who had at one point expressed interest in possibly hosting, but I haven't been able to reach since then. I'm really bad at taking things personally. I used to do Customer Service for a credit card company, and would often be reduced to tears by the end of the day because I couldn't separate myself from the conversations I'd have with upset customers. So believe me, I understand how you feel.

What I'm trying hard to do, is to tell myself it's their loss. I have to tell myself, it's actually easier now, because I can remove this person from follow up, and move on to someone else. I can invest my energy on someone else. I have to believe if I tell this to myself enough, I'll actually end up believing it :D

Well - you could TRY to think of it this way:
-Some people get a RIDICULOUS amount of emails EVERYDAY (I average about 25) and DON'T get the time to read them all (even though I want to).

-Some people might have purchased PC in the past JUST because they were invited and they wanted to support their friend/host.

-Some people might just know where to find you if they need anything and don't need an email reminder.

:) :)

Good points Jenna. I guess we just have to remember (as hard as it is sometimes) to focus on those who DO want to hear from us. I have done some CCC and have had people tell me that they love getting my newsletters. So, let's focus on those, and like others have said, the others who don't want our newsletters, it's their loss!

I have to agree with the large amount of email thing. I get emails from people/companies that I love to do business with, but don't always read them. Some, I don't have the heart to get them to remove me from their distribution list, but others, I still like them, but choose not to receive because of the volume I get.

Don't get me wrong - I would/will be hurt when it happens to me - because it is gonna happen to us ALL.

Just tryin' to think of it from OTHERS POV. :)

I just deleted 47 UNREAD emails TODAY (from the last 4 days) :yuck:

It could have been an error. I've accidently told AOL that something was SPAM when it really wasn't.

I was surprised by a friend of my sister responding with an "unsubscribe". I e-mailed her back to tell her it was done and thanked her for purchasing something from sister's show. She e-mailed me back and said she was sorry and didn't realize who I was. She didn't want to be removed.

I think I'll follow up with her. On the bright side, I got a positive e-mail from a past guest at my last show. And my SIL from across the country placed an outlet order and e-mailed me saying she wants to do a Nov. catalog show for Christmas presents. :) So there was some happy news for me today. ;)

That's great, Amanda!

I've only had it happen once, and it was from my sister in law!! Kinda ticked me off, but since my husband has four more sisters I decided not to worry about it!! :p

I just had to respond to this post because it just happened to me Sunday night. I was really bummed. I was trying not to let it bother me but it did. Then on Monday I received 2 emails asking to be put on my newsletter distribution list and someone contacted me to order a couple sheet pans. So that definitely lifted my spirits!

~ Kelly

So back to my original post...she's not really that super close of a friend. I think I'm just going to send her an e-mail back letting her know I removed her name from my newsletter list. I'm not going to ask her for her reason, I don't want to put her on the spot. So I'm trying to figure out what wording I should use to let her know that should she change her mind and be interested in anything PC again, that I'm here. Any wording advice or do you think that sounds okay?

Maybe something like encompassing:
- sorry you are leaving the list -- I understand the need to reduce emails flooding your inbox
- feel free to bookmark my website at Page Not Found.... and you can always check out the latest news and specials there
- email me anytime you need customer care or want to rejoin the list
- let me know if there is anything special you are interested in and I can contact you when the special comes up

Not that you have to say all of this, but these are things I would want a customer to know....

I have had 2 people ask me to remove them. They were nice, they told me they appreciate me trying to make my business a success, but aren't interested in the newsletter. They both said they know where to find me if they need something, so I removed them and that is that :)
It's a bummer, but life goes on :)

PampChefJoy said:
Maybe something like encompassing:
- sorry you are leaving the list -- I understand the need to reduce emails flooding your inbox
- feel free to bookmark my website at Page Not Found.... and you can always check out the latest news and specials there
- email me anytime you need customer care or want to rejoin the list
- let me know if there is anything special you are interested in and I can contact you when the special comes up

Not that you have to say all of this, but these are things I would want a customer to know....

Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and typed up something and used a few of these lines. I appreciate your help. :)

I accidentally sent out my newsletter to half my list w/o using BCC! UGH! I have never done that before. It went to 80-90 people. It really irritates me when people do that to me. I feel really bad. One person asked to be removed from the list. She didn't say why and I don't really know who she is, but I know the host of the show she is from. Oh well. I hopefully won't make that mistake again.

1. How do I request to be removed from Pampered Chef's mailing list?

To request to be removed from our mailing list, simply fill out our "My First Request for 'Removing' From My List" form on our website. You can also call our customer service hotline and provide your information to be removed from our list.

2. Will I receive any confirmation after submitting my request to be removed?

Yes, we will send you a confirmation email once your request has been processed and you have been successfully removed from our mailing list.

3. How long does it take for my request to be processed?

We strive to process all "My First Request for 'Removing' From My List" requests as soon as possible. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for your request to be processed and for you to be removed from our mailing list.

4. Can I still receive emails from Pampered Chef even after submitting my removal request?

If you have recently made a purchase from us, you may still receive emails regarding your order status or customer satisfaction surveys. However, you will no longer receive promotional emails or newsletters.

5. Will my personal information be shared with third parties after I am removed from the mailing list?

No, we do not share any personal information with third parties. Your information will be used solely for the purpose of removing you from our mailing list and will not be shared with anyone else.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gkoinski
  • PampChefJoy