• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Offer Your Hosts a Menu Choice?

In summary, Andrea demos a Ham & Cheese Omelete Roll that is very easy to do. She also offers a variety of recipes each season.
AJPratt
Silver Member
If you do, what do you offer?

I usually give them a choice between 2 recipes...Mandarin Pasta Salad or Garden Veggie Pizza for evening shows and Florentine Casserole or Ham and Cheese Omlete Roll for brunch shows.

Andrea--I saw in a previous post that you made the Ham & Cheese omelete roll. How easy is that for a demo? I have been wanting to do this recipe at a show. It looks soooo yummy! Can you tell me how you do it? Anything special with regards to prep or assembly?

I tell my host that the big HITS at my shows are the rings - Chicken and Broccoli or Chicken Club.

They usually choose them

I change my recipes every season...since it's going to be hot outside, I don't want to do any baking at my shows since at many of my hosts shows it will get extremely hot if the oven is on. For the spring/summer I will be offering the BLT dip, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, and Strawberry & Cream Cloud. I only like to one, two at the most, but with the chicken squares I bake the crescent rolls before the show. When I give my hosts there host packet, i insert the three recipe ingredients and let them choose.

Chef Kearns said:
Andrea--I saw in a previous post that you made the Ham & Cheese omelete roll. How easy is that for a demo? I have been wanting to do this recipe at a show. It looks soooo yummy! Can you tell me how you do it? Anything special with regards to prep or assembly?

It's very easy to demo. I prep the cream-cheese mixture, break the eggs into the 6 QT SS bowl, and line the Bar Pan with parchment paper before the show starts. During the show I beat the eggs with the new Balloon Whisk and then incorporate the cream-cheese mixture...pour in Bar Pan and bake...while it's baking I chop the ham and cut the green onions and being that doing those two things don't take long I have lots of time to talk about cookware, play games and what not while the eggs are baking. When the eggs are done, I assemble and roll onto the SA Rectangle Platter...I get lots of "ooh's and ahh's"...then we slice and guests eat. I also usually have the host get fresh fruit that I put in a Chillzanne something and I also have the host get OJ that I put in the Quick Stir Pitcher. I try to get the guests to use as many tools as possible since this recipe doesn't show a lot of tools (or not a lot compaired to the Mandarin Pasta Salad anyway).

I also recently did a twist on the roll and substituted the ham with sausage and substituted the green onions with sauted onions...this way not only did I demo the stoneware but also the cookware!! The omelet roll was great this way too!!!

I have found that the more choices you give them the more they want to change their minds. I first ask about dietary constraints of the hostess and guests...I have been doing quite a few shows for people who have had gastric bypass (not sure why this keeps coming up) and they can only eat small portions so I concentrate on things in the mini bakers and meatloaf in the small loaf pans that they can freeze...it seems to be working nicely.

How do you guys choose your recipes that you want to offer? Since I am new, I have been offering the recipes from the Cucina Italiana theme....this way, I am able to use the products in my starter kit. Are there other recipes that you guys could recommend that would only require my starter kit products? Thanks!

I personally choose recipes purely based on the product dollar amount demo'd. In all of the Season Best cookbooks there are several super starter recipes under each section, you might want to take a look at the current S/B and you can view the fall/winter S/B on CC.

I do the Cucina Italiana showsWhy should I do any thinking if I don't have too? That's why Pampered Chef test kitchens came up with these collections. The biggest hit thus far are the Mini Caprese Sandwiches that I combine with a wonderful summertime dessert that I make ahead. So easy. I am done with my demo in half an hour and have not had any complaints and all my shows thus far have been and average of $750. So you don't have to demo alot to sell alot. Most of the time I really ask questions of my guests about their favorite products, how they would use some tool I am using for the recipe or something like that to get them talking to each other. Let them sell to each other. Plus word of mouth is the best and most proven sales tool. Not standing there talking and droning on and on is something I won't do as it has NEVER worked for me.
For brunch, I do choose the Ham and Cheese Omlete Roll. I sometimes use sliced smoked turkey, chopped tomatoe and cheddar or Swiss cheese. Add a sprinkling of crispy bacon, made on the bar pan in the oven and you have a wonderful breakfast. I sell a lot of bar pans that way! One for the roll and one for the bacon.
Plus the recipe cards are fun to give out. Most people do take them.

I think I'm doing the Caprese's for my next show. I'm nervous because I haven't done them yet.

They are just too simple!!!Anne,

You will love this recipe. Here is what I have done and boy I am glad I did it this way.
In the a.m. at home, I do up the pitas. I spritz them, I cheese them and season them and I bake them. After they cool I put them back in the bag to keep them from drying out. DO NOT PUT THE SALAD DRESSING ON THEM. Yuck!
No oven at the party!!!
When I get to the party, I set up my display stuff. Then I set up my demo area. I slice the tomatoes unless they are big enough that I can use the USG. Then I slice one then demo the other on the USG. I prep the walnuts in the new Executive Saute Pan instead of the baker. (10 minutes on med high heat and use the Small Mix 'N Scraper.) I would rather show cookware than stone ware! I let teh pan cool completely. During the demo I wipe out the pan then pass it around once it is cool enough.
Then I do my intro and talk. Then I ask "How many of you know how to turn on your ovens and bake things?" I let them answer. Then I say "Good because I did not want to turn on So and Sos oven today so I did that part at home."
The demo simply consits of putting together the Walnut/Basil Pesto, using the Egg Slicer for the cheese, demoing the USG if I can, other wise I have been using the Cheese Knife, the one from the Bistro Set, to slice tomatoes, I think it works better than the knives w/sharpeners, brush the pita witht he salad dressing using the new silcone basting brush and the dressing from the Mini Measuring Cup, and using the Crinkle cutter to cut ONE of the pitas into 6 pieces and putting three sandwiches together. At that point I stop my demo and ask if there are any questions. Then I say, "Now, I am going to finish these up and you all can go and chat and look at the catalog. If you have any questions you have not had answered yet, please feel free to ask." Then I finish the sandwiches. I have been using the SA White Rectangle Platter on the stand to serve them. Something about the white makes them really look great. The stripped one just does not do them justice. Simple.

Last edited:
Thank you (even though you're stalking me. LOL):D

GeezI am not! It's just funny how I HAVE A BIG mouth and you are always there to "hear" me!

For June, I'm doing the Colossal Chopped Salad and the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte! I just do NOT want the oven on at all!

You chefs are so interesting and so talented! I loved the previous passages about mini caprese sandwiches and loved how your prep the pitas beforehand and how you stopped your demo and told them to basically socialize. That's great! Ihave one question for DZMOM where is the colossal chopped salad located? Which ckbk? TIA!
Sue Adams
Independent Consultant
MA
[email protected]

WAVE 3 -

I agree with Donna. I dont want the oven on at all!! I did the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte at my show last night. It was a great hit. The women loved it because it was so easy and delicious!! I was finished with my demo in no time because it was simple. My sales were over $700, and I demoed less products than normal. The women talked about our products more than me.

The colossal chopped salad was in the 2003 Season's Best. I was also shown on the Lg SA Platter in either the FW or SS 2005 catalog. I'm not sure which.

I've attached a scan from the cookbook!

Attachments

• Colossal salad.jpg
    Colossal salad.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I have been making the Savory Sandwich Ring and the Lemon Shake-ups. I bake the bread ring at home, no baking, and with the Lemon Shake-up I am able to show more products. All of my hostesses and guests have raved over the combination. I have attached the sandwich ring recipe and lemonade recipe.

Attachments

• SAVORY SANDWICH RING.doc
    21 KB · Views: 334
  • Lemonade.doc
    19 KB · Views: 456
Tip for the Sandwich Rings
mrssyvo said:
I have been making the Savory Sandwich Ring...

What I do for any sandwich ring is buy the three pack of FROZEN bread dough instead of the french bread loaves. It's cheaper, and yummier.

Instruct your host (or you do the same) to leave the bread dough on the counter the morning of the show. It will thaw and rise at the same time. When you get the house (or at home), open the bag, and separate the three loafs. Break/cut one loaf in half, then attach to a full loaf. Shape ring, press garlic, spread seasoning, etc. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or so, then bake according to package directions.

In a pinch, I have baked the bread without the second rising, and it comes out fine.

This way, you are getting two rings for less than the cost of the two loafs of french bread (that make one ring). Feeds more people, or makes more left overs!

I also use this bread for fajita subs, but just stretch out the three loaves on the bar pan.

My family and guests LOVE the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte. And so do I!!!!

I have a "menu" that I stole from someone on this website - Thanks! However, I do have hosts that have PC cookbooks and/or have favorite PC recipes. I have a show tomorrow where the host wants to do a dessert recipe from a retired cookbook. I am demoing another recipe and she will have this one ready. I guess it shows that our cookbooks are a good investment?!?

Does anyone have a list of recipes that also lists the dollar value of products demonstrated? I know someone (?) said that's what they use to determine what recipes they demo and I like that idea! If anyone has that, could you please post it?

Thanks!!

mrssyvo said:
I have been making the Savory Sandwich Ring and the Lemon Shake-ups. I bake the bread ring at home, no baking, and with the Lemon Shake-up I am able to show more products. All of my hostesses and guests have raved over the combination. I have attached the sandwich ring recipe and lemonade recipe.

Yum!! This sounds really good. I'm going to use this one for my June shows along with the idea for using the frozen bread dough instead of the french loaves. Thanks to both of you!!

Colossal Chopped Salad ??Could you please share this recipe or the source of the recipe??

Thanks,

Lisa

PamperedChefDebi said:
Does anyone have a list of recipes that also lists the dollar value of products demonstrated? I know someone (?) said that's what they use to determine what recipes they demo and I like that idea! If anyone has that, could you please post it?

Thanks!!

That might have been me who said that...I do usually pick my recipes based on products that I can demo. I don't have a list with the $$ of products with the recipes though. What I do is skim through the recipe books and since the tools are in bold I can easily see what products are usued. When I see a recipe with a good amount of high $ products I then look and see what I can add. For sheer curiousity I end up just adding up the dollar amount...that is what I did for the Mandarin Pasta Salad and when I added it all up I was absolutely shocked!

SoonerChef...Thanks for the info! One question about the Mandarin Salad...what kind of chicken do you use? I tried using the pouch chicken and it seemed almost like it was dry. I thought about trying the frozen pre-cooked kind. Do you actually cook it from chicken breast?

I use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken you get at the deli in most grocery stores. That way all I have to do is pull the meat off of the bone and cube it. I usually do this as a prep before the show as well. Plus, the chicken that I get at the deli is always moist!

OHHH! Duh! See, I knew there was a better way that was still easy. Thanks so much!!! That sounds so good I might have to make it tonight.

Glad I could help...

I also still love doing the Mandarin Pasta Salad. I've cooked boneless, skinless chic breasts when I first get to the house so it smells YUMMY when the guests come in. I had been using the Grill Pan so I could have the cooked chicken on the demo table sitting in it until I needed to add it to the salad. Now I'll use the Executive Skillet as well as a rub for seasoning.

I ask the host to have the pasta boiled, drained and tossed with oil (otherwise it sticks in a giant clump), but I put it in the colander before the show.

Whatever they want to doUsually with hosts that I have done a few shows with already or really close friends and family I let them just look through all the cookbooks and pick what they want.
The new hosts I have a list of things I like doing because they are yummy and easy to do. I usually do a dessert and a dish or appetizer. Only two.

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut cake
Chocolate peanut butter torte
Profiterole Puffs

Clubhouse chicken squares
Barbecue chicken pizza
Any new salad from the SB
Wreaths are always easy and popular (I could probably do them in my sleep)

Debbie

John... Just wanted to let you know that I have the show today where I am doing the Caprese's. I actually copied and pasted your whole post! Thanks for your pricesless advice!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • MSmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
powelljj
Replies