• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have a Total Gym on Your Porch?

A
Admin Greg
Do you have a trendmill or an exercise ball...?

We have a Precor treadmill....pretty comparable to what's in a healthclub. It's pretty heavy duty because my husbands beats it up pretty badly when he runs. Now I'm proud to say that I actually use it 4-5 times a week!:thumbsup:

pamperedbecky said:
We have a Precor treadmill....pretty comparable to what's in a healthclub. It's pretty heavy duty because my husbands beats it up pretty badly when he runs. Now I'm proud to say that I actually use it 4-5 times a week!:thumbsup:

Wow! Well done!!

I own a jump rope :D lol Used to have aex. bike but we never used it so we got rid of it.

anyone use ankle weights?

I have a ball that get's played with more by my 23 month old son than I use for exercising.

I do have a 70lb Boxer that I take for walks. Does that count as exercise equipment?

We have a treadmill but it is storage because there is NO where in our new house to put it!

I don't have a treadmill, wish I did! I have a Gazelle, but it actually hurts my lower back, I am trying to sell it right now, taking up too much room!!

Christ Follower said:
I have a ball that get's played with more by my 23 month old son than I use for exercising.

I do have a 70lb Boxer that I take for walks. Does that count as exercise equipment?

It really should!

Admin Greg said:
Do you have a trendmill or an exercise ball...?

Yes we do, We have both. Don't use them as much as we should.

We have a manual treadmill and an AbLounger... both haven't been used in a while. I also have some exercise tapes... yoga and an old Callenetics I think it's called... 'slow gentle movements' I remember her saying...

I have an exercise ball, a yoga block, some yoga straps, a step thingie, and lots of tapes. I couldnt tell you where any of them are right now...

lkprescott said:
We have a manual treadmill and an AbLounger... both haven't been used in a while. I also have some exercise tapes... yoga and an old Callenetics I think it's called... 'slow gentle movements' I remember her saying...

I almost forgot! We also have kettlebells and resistance bands. Kettlebells are free weights that look like an iron ball with a handle on the top... like a mini-very heavy hippity hop... or a kettle, hence the name. You do specialized swings with them while squatting and they are QUITE the workout. :boss: Only attempt with a trainer though... it's easy to hurt yourself with them.

I used to have an eliptical trainer when I was prego with #1 and used it dailey. It started breaking down on me so we gave it away. I wish I had another one, so on the days I didn't go to the gym or walking I could jump the that machine :(.

JaimeQ said:
I own a jump rope :D lol Used to have aex. bike but we never used it so we got rid of it.

lol I had to read this 3 times to SEE the word "bike" I thought you mis-spelled a word and was wondering how you get "rid" of that!!!

sorry tired :eek:

we had a Bow Flex in our basement for about 3 years after not EVER using it I convinced DH to sell it. Had a excerise ball once it became a yard toy.

I only own a few free weights - 10 pounds and under. I have a few DVD's, too.

I used to own a rower and bike a long time ago. Over the years I've realized I need to go somewhere to workout. I just don't have the self discipline at home. I could probably work out at home if i had a trainer come but there's the $$.

Not now. I had a Nordic Track skier for years, loved it. Had to get rid of it once when I was downsizing.Hubby and I are about to put up a building in the back yard that is specifically for our cats (long story) and to create a home gym with a treadmill, skier, and exercise bicycle. I wanted to add a room to the house, but the floor plan doesn't really work for an addition, and besides, it is turning out to be much less expensive to have a free-standing building constructed in the yard than it would have been to add on! So I can get much more square footage for much less money!

I have one of big those excercise balls- but they are tricky to balance on and use. I also have the elastic bands. They are great for the upper body and come in different tensions. They are easy to sore, inexpensive and you can even take them with you when you travel. I use them while I'm watching TV.

Yes but ask me if I use it :eek:

friday said:
Do you use it?

as if... I am using it right now!
my keyboard! duh... my fingers are in great shape LMAO

We have had a bowflex now for about 4 years, but none of us have used it for about 3. Sitting out in my husbands shop collecting dust, although he keeps threatening to use it.

I'm proud to say that we have a treadmill ($900), but.... it's out in the back covered with a throw rug.

We just got a Total Gym from a friend of ours who was cleaning out his basement. So far it's made it to the front porch....

Related to Do You Have a Total Gym on Your Porch?

1. What are the benefits of owning fitness equipment?

Owning fitness equipment allows for convenience and flexibility in your exercise routine. It also provides a cost-effective option for those who cannot afford a gym membership. Having equipment at home also eliminates the time and effort of traveling to a gym.

2. What type of fitness equipment is best for at-home workouts?

The best type of fitness equipment for at-home workouts depends on individual fitness goals and preferences. Popular options include treadmills for cardio, free weights for strength training, and exercise balls for core work. It is important to choose equipment that aligns with your fitness goals and that you enjoy using.

3. How often should I use my fitness equipment?

The frequency of use for fitness equipment varies depending on personal fitness goals and the type of equipment. However, it is generally recommended to incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise with your equipment at least 3-5 times per week for optimal results.

4. What are some common mistakes people make when using fitness equipment?

Some common mistakes people make when using fitness equipment include improper form, not adjusting the equipment to fit their body, and not using enough resistance or weight. It is important to research and learn proper techniques for using your specific equipment to avoid injury and maximize results.

5. Can I get a full body workout with just one piece of fitness equipment?

Yes, it is possible to get a full body workout with just one piece of fitness equipment. For example, a set of free weights can be used for a variety of exercises that target different muscle groups. However, incorporating a variety of equipment can provide a more well-rounded and diverse workout routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg