• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man: A Request for Safer Package Deliveries

In summary, a group of individuals discuss their experiences with their FedEx delivery driver, who often does not follow instructions and leaves packages at the wrong entrance or in inconvenient locations. Some speculate that the driver may be lazy or forgetful, while others believe they are simply trying to quickly complete their route.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
First of all, I appreciate all you do for me, and I wish I'd been there to greet you in person more often.However .... why do you risk breaking your neck (not to mention my Deep Covered Baker) by toting things to the SIDE porch, which is covered with ice, and not the FRONT porch, where I've cleared a path for you?

Last edited:
Hey, a few years ago I had one climb a steep set of metal steps to a set of sliding glass doors at the side of my house instead of driving up to the door (which, granted, is actually at the back of the house). I'm convinced that FedEx drivers are a bit . . . well, I guess "silly" will do. ;)

My FedEx guy regularly leaves my packages at my side door where there is a note that specifically says "Please leave all packages at the front door". He drops them right under that sign every time! One of these days I should really pick up the phone and call to give them a piece of my mind. Afterall, my UPS guy is smart enough to park out front and leave them at the door. Why is my FedEx guy so lazy...um, uh I mean silly...oops!

pamperedposey said:
My FedEx guy regularly leaves my packages at my side door where there is a note that specifically says "Please leave all packages at the front door". He drops them right under that sign every time! One of these days I should really pick up the phone and call to give them a piece of my mind. Afterall, my UPS guy is smart enough to park out front and leave them at the door. Why is my FedEx guy so lazy...um, uh I mean silly...oops!
Do we have the same FedEx guy? I swear, no matter how many times I remind him not to go to the side door...No one can hear you knock...there's a sign on the door as well...what does he do? It's the same guy EVERY time, mines not "silly", mines "forgetful" LOL

My Fed-X man is better than yours:rolleyes: How about this one: does your Fed-x man play football with your packages in the back of the truck before setting your boxes in front of your garage door. Wait there is more, the garage door is closed and your van is saftely tucked inside and you can't see the boxes when you back the van out because it is to darn cold to open the garage door until you are in the van!!! True story!!!

obxchef said:
:rolleyes: How about this one: does your Fed-x man play football with your packages in the back of the truck before setting your boxes in front of your garage door. Wait there is more, the garage door is closed and your van is saftely tucked inside and you can't see the boxes when you back the van out because it is to darn cold to open the garage door until you are in the van!!! True story!!!

Oy Vey!! That is funny!!

Well general concensious will say - the Fed Ex guy isnt' the best all around - I just did a 1500 show and the host lived in the basement of her inlaws with a separate entrance - "BACK GATE ENTRANCE" stated on all boxes - hubby comes out and asks as Fed ex is delivering to bring them to the correct entrance - Fed Ex guy gave attitude (ok - nothing new living in NY) and wouldn't do it - Host had 16 boxes!!!

I guess I should call HO or Fed ex directly and complain -

Side note - my UPS driver was much nicer on the eyes then my Fed ex guy!!!;)

Kristina21 said:
Do we have the same FedEx guy? I swear, no matter how many times I remind him not to go to the side door...No one can hear you knock...there's a sign on the door as well...what does he do? It's the same guy EVERY time, mines not "silly", mines "forgetful" LOL

pff... forgetful... nah! He's probably just anti-social and lazy... after all... who wants to wait around for someone to answer the door when you can barely knock, dump the package at the door, jump in the truck and drive away before anyone has time to even answer the door! (hence, yes... i have this problem also...) :yuck:

I didn't know you lived on my street!
bsaxman said:
pff... forgetful... nah! He's probably just anti-social and lazy... after all... who wants to wait around for someone to answer the door when you can barely knock, dump the package at the door, jump in the truck and drive away before anyone has time to even answer the door! (hence, yes... i have this problem also...) :yuck:

Lol-This sounds like my fed ex guy. Well, we actually have a few, but they all do the same thing. Drop the box right in front of the storm door, so you can't open it, ring the bell and run back to the truck.

And one time, the guy brought me somebody else's box and an hour later came back for it...ay yi yi...

I love my fedex guy. He is friendly and brings my boxes exactly where I want them, even helping me inside if I se him. He doesn't usually knock b/c he knows I have a dd that could be sleeping (or he knocks very lightly). Once he knocked, I got to do the door (not very quickly AT ALL), he wasn't there and I didn't see a box! I opened the entry door and even though he was already in his truck, he got out and told me the box was there (it was tiny...used to big boxes!). So friendly! I really appreciate it esp since so many of you are having issues with them.

Fed Ex ManI am very fortunate to have the persons I have from Fed Ex. The one that usually brings me my deliveries is very kind to leave the box(es) on my back porch rather than leave them on the front for anyone coming by to see them and take off with them. There was a different one who came today in the pouring cold rain but was still very friendly as he delivered my box. I appreciate these guys who deliver my products. I think they have a very hard job to do and need to be appreciated for what they do. Your delivery driver may have nothing to do with the condition your box arrives in as something in shipping from HO to final destination may have occurred. While in you're in a hurry to call Fed Ex to complain about your delivery man have you ever been in a hurrry to call Fed Ex and congratulate them on a job well done? I have and you can tell Fed Ex appreciated not having to answer another complaint call.:)

Fed Ex guy gave attitude (ok - nothing new living in NY) and wouldn't do it - Host had 16 boxes!!!

I'd have had that guy's supervisor on the phone before he could get out of the driveway. That's ridiculous and it's his job to read the correct address and deliver to same. I'm very lucky. My FedEx guy is great! :)

Mine never knocks, just drops and run all the time. I don't have any complants about drop offs yet. Just think DH needs to shovel the deck better so the FedEx guy doesn't have to leave the boxes in the snow.

If you call Fedex, things WILL get better!! I have had a wonderful conversation with our local office, as a Fedex driver actually backed up my drive once, slid off into our grass, due to the snow/ice, but then kept going, leaving about a 6 foot long "trench" in our brand new yard!!
As we talked, I was told that "it IS a big deal, because YOU'RE Pampered Chef"!! Wow! Talk about feeling like a VIP!!

Now, it did take a second call, but now, even tho we have a new driver, the supervisor has told them to not even drive on my driveway!! I told them that, I don't expect that, but they still stay in the street now!

My second complaint was that they were leaving packages at the side of my house instead of bringing them to the front door, where there is a covered porch, whereas the side of the house leaves everything exposed. Boxes, sitting in the snow....
They also never rang the doorbell.

Now, they come to the front porch, ring the doorbell, and still...never come up the driveway!

Best Wishes,
Paula
P.S. I was never ugly on the phone, either, just explained WHY I wanted packages on the front porch, so they wouldn't be all wet, etc. I also told them that, while I realized that they're busy, and I certainly wouldn't expect them to "stay for coffee", I would still appreciate it if they'd at least ring the doorbell, so I could bring it in right away. I'm a stay-at-home mom, and many times packages were just sitting outside because I didn't know they'd been by.
The company is really trying to accomodate us. So I recommend that you call and explain your situation, so they can work on making it better. Also, if you call Home Office, they are all over that as well!!!

The only concern I have is that when I check the tracking info, it says the box was left at the FRONT door when it was left at the side!One time I waited as long as I could to leave because I was expecting Mr. Fedex. When I got to work, I checked the tracking and it was left at the front door. But I called Roomie, who said there was nothing on the front porch, so I assumed it was stolen. But when Friend of Roomie went out for a smoke, the package was found at the SIDE door!The other day I happened to be home when the truck came so I waited out front for him ... he was kind enough to bring my boxes in the house! I realize especially with morning deliveries he's trying to leave the boxes out of plain sight ... but the freshly shoveled walk should scream out as a sign that says, "put the package here!"

If you have troubles with your FedEx deliveries, be sure to let both FedEx and the HO know. They can't fix a problem if they don't know about it.

I had two shows ship out at the same time and deliveries were scheduled to be the same. Show #1 was being shipped to my house due to the host living in a condo and you have to be buzzed into the building. There were 5 boxes for that show. Show #2 was being shipped to the host's neighbor across the street from her because she had 8 boxes and didn't want them sitting out all day while she was at work.

The day of arrival: Show #1 coming to my house had Delivery Acceptance note due to noone home/business closed and that they would make another delivery attempt next day. Show #2 reads "delivered, placed at garage, no signature required".

I call FedEx to find out what the deal is with show #1. This man tells me that a signature is required with ALL home deliveries. I explain that I have never had to sign for anything and that it's always just placed at my front door. He is very rude and trying to make me feel stupid and just keeps saying "signatures are required and that it's not possible that they have just left things sitting at my door". That's when I pull out the ammo and say to him "if all home deliveries require signatures, why did my other host have her 8 boxes left in front of her neighbors garage in the snow today with NO SIGNATURE He asked for the tracking on that one and says that they can make acceptions. I ended the conversation at that point before I did start saying nasty things to him.

Guess what happened the very next day?? I was gone the entire day and when I got home, there sat all of the boxes for my host and one supply order box on my front steps, stacked up in plain view and completely blocking the steps.

This was one of those times when I was kicking myself for not getting this guy's name just so I could call him back....

So sorry for such a long story....I try not to vent, but FedEx really gets me going!!

Related to Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man: A Request for Safer Package Deliveries

1. What is "Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man" about?

"Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man" is a campaign launched by Pampered Chef to raise awareness about the importance of safe package deliveries and to express gratitude to the hardworking FedEx delivery drivers.

2. Why is Pampered Chef concerned about safe package deliveries?

As a company that ships products to customers, Pampered Chef wants to ensure that all packages are delivered safely and without any damage. We also care about the well-being of the FedEx delivery drivers who work tirelessly to bring our products to our valued customers.

3. How can I participate in the "Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man" campaign?

You can participate in the campaign by sharing your appreciation for FedEx drivers on social media using the hashtag #ThankYouMrFedEx. You can also show your gratitude by leaving a thank you note or a small token of appreciation for your FedEx driver when they deliver your package.

4. Is there a specific time period for the "Thank You, Mr. FedEx Man" campaign?

The campaign is ongoing and there is no specific time period. We encourage our customers to show their appreciation for FedEx drivers all year round.

5. Does Pampered Chef have any tips for safer package deliveries?

Yes, we have some tips on our website to help ensure safe package deliveries. Some of these tips include providing clear delivery instructions, using sturdy packaging materials, and tracking your package to know when to expect it. We also recommend leaving a note for your FedEx driver if you won't be home to receive the package.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv