• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Go to Recruit's Grand Opening?

In summary, the conversation was about the role of a consultant in a sales party and different approaches to conducting a successful show. The speaker emphasized the importance of the new recruit being viewed as the consultant and not the trainer, and the need for the consultant to find a style that is comfortable for them. They also discussed the importance of always being prepared to find an answer to any questions and the benefits of doing a full service checkout. It was also mentioned that attending the first show with the recruit can be beneficial, but only if the consultant is able to support and not criticize.
scrappergirl7
And if so, what kind of role do you take when you're there?

I just listened to the Promote Leaders Pronto resource on Consultant's Corner, and am wondering what others out there have done - what has worked, what hasn't?

I normally do. I've learned that it's VERY important for the new recruit to be viewed as the Consultant, not me (thanks to a LONG conversation with my AD). I'm there just to offer support. I'm learning to not interject unless the new recruit specifically asks me in front of the guests for my opinion on something. I'm just there to answer any major questions that they might have, but not really to be in charge of the show.I train up front now that there are various ways to do a show and very successful people who all do it different. As long as they don't lie & tell the guests that everything in the catalog has a lifetime guarantee, there's pretty much no right & wrong way to do a show. I stress that it's important for them to do what feels most comfortable to them. I do the fully interactive shows where the guests do all the work & I stand back & answer questions. But if the consultant can't stand the thought of a guest misusing one of her tools, then the "sit down & watch me" demo might be more suitable for her.Before their 1st show, I try to teach them that anytime someone asks a question that they can't answer, their response should be "I can find out!" ;) What I do is have my guests write their question on the back side of their door prize drawing slips so I don't forget WHO it was that wanted the answer. If my recruits have a better memory, that's fine. My way isn't the ONLY way, just what works for me. :DAfter the guests are gone, if the consultant wants constructive criticism, I'm happy to help. But it's not like she's getting graded at the end of the night or anything. I certainly don't have the "hey, you didn't do it EXACTLY like I'd have done it therefore it was wrong" attitude. But if I noticed that she forgot to do one of the basics, like ask guests at checkout if they'd like to host a show, I will relay my story that I was a guest of a guest at a show ... who had ZERO intention of hosting until the consultant asked me directly if I'd like to ... I agreed. Come show time, I had ZERO intention of becoming a consultant until my husband stayed at the show, participated & then recommended it to me afterward. So you NEVER know where a simple question like "would you be interested in hosting a show" might lead. ;)Heck, I didn't even do the full service checkout when I first started PC. I didn't have as many shows or recruits either. Since I started doing it in Jan of this year, business started really booming. Since then, each recruit is given the knowledge of how to do a full service checkout and my opinion that it's a good idea to learn to do it and why. But it's ultimately their decision if they choose to do it or not, and it's not my place to try & pressure them into doing what they don't feel comfortable doing.I think as long as you can be there as their support system, it's a GREAT idea to go with them to their first show. But if you are a personality who can't STAND to see it done differently, then it's probably best that you not attend. No two people are alike and no too people are going to do every scenario the exact same way. If you are stressed out watching them do something differently, the recruit & her guests will sense that & the night will not be as much fun for them. So go with your instinct on whether you think you would benefit them by attending or make them nervous. I had one recruit say thanks, but she didn't need me. Did it hurt my feelings? No. ;)

We share the Grand Opening. They do the welcome and their story. She introduces me and I explain my role. The demo is interactive so I do most of it ( hands on training) and then the recruit makes brownies or cookies on the LBP and share their experience using stoneware. I do the ticket game and we the full service checkout together. After the show we go over it and plan for their own show. It works for us, most new consultants have had $400+ shows. We had one new team member whose first show was $1000!

Lori

I am open to whatever the new consultant wants. I have just signed my 40th personal recruit and have well over 100 people in my org... I have had 2 people choose to do their entire first show. If I do the ticket game and checkout, I can get them bookings and recruit leads that they would NEVER actually do on their own. I them grow my SC lines very quickly. They start to build a team immediately and everyone will work more and stay in the business longer.

That is true. I can get them more leads because I am very comfortable asking. They can see that it isn't being "pushy" asking, which seems to be a lot of peoples hang ups.

I will say that I didn't have that support at my Grand Opening and I really wish I would have. I guess that is why I am so passionate about being available (but not working it for them) in the start of their business.

I don't do the bookings or recruiting leads at their shows. I teach them how I do my full service checkouts & have found that most follow that pattern at their kickoff shows. At my shows, I put my hand on a stack of recruiting packets & ask "Would you like to take home some info to learn more about becoming a consultant?" If they say yes, we quickly go over the benefits, but I still give them the packet so that they can go home & watch the Your Life Your Way DVD. I then tell them that the best way to start is with a show ...If they say no to recruiting, I acknowledge that it's okay ;), then put my hand on the stack of host packets & ask if they were interested in hosting a show. If they say yes, we set a date & cover the contents of the packet. If they say no, I acknowledge that it's okay ;), and then give them their receipt with a copy of the recipe(s) that we did at this show.I've gone from 3 in my downline to 14 in my downline since Jan 1st with that method. One is currently dropping out due to complications with her pregnancy, otherwise she would still be up & going. The others are doing GREAT! :D Our team has been doing $12,000-$17,000 for the last 5 months.My theory (not that it's the ONLY way to succeed, of course ;)) is that they need the practice on booking & recruiting from the get go. It would be too easy for them to sit back & let me do it at show #1, then them drop the ball at show #2 when I'm not there to guide them. I find that by being present to help them through that section if needed at show #1, they are more apt to do each step & then see how easy it is to continue at show #2, show #3, etc.Again, what works for one person, may not be the best thing for another person. So each person has to find what works for them and go with the flow!!! :D

Sheila said:
I've gone from 3 in my downline to 14 in my downline since Jan 1st with that method.

Wow Sheila - that is fantastic! Congrats on such a great year (and it's not even half over yet!) I'd love to have that kind of success - I've gone from 0 in my downline to 5 since Feb. 1st, but they're all 1st generation. I'm aiming for a quick promotion to directorship, which means my recruits need to start recruiting! And I'm hoping that by me attending their grand openings, not only will I be able to train them and coach them (esp. with regards to recruit leads), but hopefully their guests will also see that they too will be offered tons of support should they decide to try the business for themselves.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Sounds like there is no "one-size fits all" solution ;). It's maybe a matter of finding a balance of what works for me, what works for my consultants. I'm thinking I'll have the recruit do the demo - I'll maybe throw in my 2 cents during any awkward dead air moments. And I think I'll do a booking/recruiting "here's how you can help Susie get her business off to a great start" spiel either at the beginning or the end.

In our organization, the ED has offered to do the Grand Openings which is so great for us that are new! I went to my Recruit's Grand Opening and observed, cleaned up, helped the Recruits nerves calm down etc.. I was so excited as she also had her first Recruit that night! I intend to go to that Recruit's Grand Opening as well. I feel personally that it is a great learning experience for me and shows support for them both. I do believe that if my ED didn't do it, that we should if we would like our organizations to grow. Also it helps the New Recruit feel supported and see how it can be done. Alternatives. I love how Sheila does her business!

Thanks girls! ;)

1. What is the date and time of Recruit's Grand Opening?

The Grand Opening of Recruit will be held on Saturday, October 16th at 10am.

2. Where is Recruit's Grand Opening taking place?

The Grand Opening will be held at the Recruit store located at 123 Main Street.

3. Are there any special promotions or discounts at Recruit's Grand Opening?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available during the Grand Opening event. Make sure to stop by to take advantage of these deals!

4. Is the Grand Opening event open to the public?

Yes, the Grand Opening event is open to everyone. We encourage you to bring your friends and family to join in on the celebration.

5. Will there be any giveaways or freebies at Recruit's Grand Opening?

Yes, there will be various giveaways and freebies throughout the day at Recruit's Grand Opening. Follow our social media pages for updates on what you can expect to receive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mari W
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Mari W
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • EmilyStraw