1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Do you give your new recruits anything after they sign?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I have been thinking alot lately about recruiting. I've got a few good recruit leads 'on the burner' right now.

What I am wondering is - Do you give your new consultants anything when they sign? Like a "to-do" list of things you recommend, training resources, or help with Consultant's Corner....anything to get them started- either in general, or just to get them going that first week while they wait on their kit?

What do you do with a brand new consultant? Do you just let the kit come and they figure it out? [I know when I first signed, once I had the email with my password to Consultant's Corner, I was on it checking out whatever I could. I'm not the norm when it comes to that sort of thing and I am also pretty tech savvy. ]

Or is there something from PC directly that helps you with that? I've seen a couple things on the supply order- should I get them in preparation for that first recruit?

Thanks. Just trying to plan ahead and not be caught off guard! :D

Apr 18, 2009
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Bobbi,

Here's something Ginny posted ages ago. I'm not sure if you'll have to change things or not so you'll have to read through it.

Attached Files:

Apr 18, 2009
  3. esavvymom

That's great! Thanks. I hadn't seen that. I also just came across Scott's two-part new consultant training documents in the FILES, also.

Apr 18, 2009
  4. christinaspc

christinaspc Veteran Member Silver Member

I have now started giving all my new recruits the booking slide and go over it with them so they have this tool to use and get their business off to a good start. I give them a few other things like a sample hostess packet and such things that I use that is helpful in the biz.

Apr 19, 2009
  5. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I have a little binder made up w/ a checklist (what to do before, after kit arrives-probably got on here), has the recruiting special that applies to them, upcoming sales promo, goal worksheet, and upcoming host/guest specials.

I want them to have all this info so they can start calling people and booking as soon as they order their kit.
    I figured not everyone will know how to navigate CC right away, and I wanted them to know the things coming up so they were prepared and excited!

I put the binder in a reusable shopping bag w/ other goodies- like highlighters, pens, and little things I use now and could have used when I got started.

Apr 19, 2009
  6. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

I think more than giving them anything, you should train them. I use the "supporting new consultants" booklet and use the "cook and book" section. I have them come to my house for New Consultant training. We make the 3 cheese garden pizza and go over their list of 100 (I start with 40). We talk about the full service check out and go over scripts for host coaching. I also offer to come their first party to support them, especially at the full service check out to get them as many bookings as possible

7. esavvymom

Good stuff. Thank you!

Apr 19, 2009
  8. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I love the cooking at your house training! I am getting ready to incrase my team by like 6 people by May, and that is a great way to train them all on the products and how a show works all at once! Almost all have never been to a show before! What a great idea! Thanks

Apr 20, 2009
  9. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

I have "reinvented" the wheel so many times due to a lack of training, that I do not want that to happen with my own recruits. So I try to give them what they need to get started and let them know that I am available for any questions that they have. I think it is really important to let them know that they are not alone.

Have something to add?