• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Add Them to Your Contacts?

In summary, Carolyn recommends not automatically adding people to your contact list who have not attended your show or ordered something. Stephanie prefers to only add people who have attended the show or placed an order.
tinat51796
When a host sends evites from your website and/or sends you names and addresses for invitations do you add them to your contact list? If these people don't come to the show or order do you add them anyway? I just didn't know if I should add the people with email addresses to my mailing list or not. Thanks!

I only add them if they place a order.:)

Definitely not. I only add them if they place an order or personally give me their email address to be added to my mailing list.

I always do---If they choose to opt out that is ok---But remember we already sent them a reminder---I get a lot of business and booking from those who did not attend as well---

NO!!! One of the main reasons I get guest lists (with emails) is that I promise not to sign anyone up with my email list unless I specifically ask them. I do, however, email and/or call them to see if there is anything I can do for them and THEN ask about the email list. You'll come across lots of people who are hesitant to give out their friends' info. They are that way because others have added them and/or their friends without asking first. Plus, I would hate to be seen as a spammer!

I don't automatically add anyone... unless they came to a party and filled out a slip or ordered something. I had a friend give a PC party a few years ago... I was unable to go but her consultant added my email AND physical address to her database... I finally opted out of the email as I didn't go and felt it was kinda presumptuous to just add me. Thankfully she only sent me one snail mail solicitation - I already get enough junk in the mail! It didn't leave a good impression to me and when I wanted to sign on with PC she was not the person that came to mind as someone I wanted to recruit me either. I like treating others as I would wish to be treated.

I only add if they personally gave me their email address (at show, etc) I did have someone report my newsletter as spam which ticked me off since the person (don't know who) gave me the email & had the option to remove it from the mailings. I let everyone know what I do with their email address so not sure what the deal was. Oh well, only 1 out of over 250.

dannyzmom said:
Definitely not. I only add them if they place an order or personally give me their email address to be added to my mailing list.

I'm with Carolyn.

No, No, No!!!!!!!!! I have even had hosts make sure that I don't continue to send their guests e-mails after the invitations before she would even give me any e-mail addresses. She said that she felt people would be put off if they received uninvited e-mails from me, and I agree wholeheartedly!! I know I wouldn't want someone else giving out my e-mail without my knowledge. I always ask for e-mails and then if they freely give them I add them to my contacts and send out my e-mails BCC that way noone else can get the addresses. It's just good business IMO! :D

I just add the ones that put their address on the order form or survey slip.

I use Outlook to send my things, so, I never add anything to my PWS contacts.

I only add the contacts that have attended the show or placed an order with me.

1. Do I need to add my customers to my contacts?

Yes, it is highly recommended to add your customers to your contacts. This allows for easier communication and organization of your customer base. It also helps to build and maintain relationships with your customers.

2. How do I add my customers to my contacts?

To add a customer to your contacts, go to your contacts list and click on the "Add Contact" button. Then, fill in the necessary information such as name, email, and phone number. You can also add notes and tags to further organize your contacts.

3. Can I import my existing contacts into my Pampered Chef account?

Yes, you can import your existing contacts into your Pampered Chef account. Simply go to your contacts list and click on the "Import Contacts" button. You can import contacts from your email, social media accounts, or a CSV file.

4. How do I update my contacts' information?

To update a contact's information, go to your contacts list and click on the contact you wish to update. From there, you can edit their information or add new details. Make sure to save any changes before exiting.

5. Can I add notes or tags to my contacts?

Yes, you can add notes and tags to your contacts. Notes are helpful for keeping track of important information or details about a specific customer. Tags are useful for categorizing your contacts and making it easier to search and organize them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PamperedSD