• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do we not get commision

stacieka

Nov 9, 2005
onpast host/host sales? I ask because there is a difference in guest sales ($557) and Commisionable sales ($505)

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
past host sales yes, past host getting the current host special (booking benefit) no.

stacieka

Nov 9, 2005
bummer...i gues that goes for the current host sale as well?

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
the current host's order of the host special won't count either (the only thing we get paid on from the host order is anything purchased at XX% off), the biggest bummer I have found is that when a host buys the cookware at half off we don't get commission on that either...wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but oh well, our hosts are getting a great deal right?

Last edited:

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
When we don't have a promotion for something like Pan a Rama I don't push the cookware as a half priced option. If that is what the host wants then that fine but I don't push it. I hated it when I had a host by 2 sets and the roasting pan w/meat lifters and she spent $400 and I didn't make a penny. (Luckly I got Pan-a-Rama points) So once pan a rama is over I will not promote the cookware to my hosts. I think the PC should give us something for if we sell such a high priced half priced item. Some people may not agree with me but if a host doesn't spend that $400 on half priced they might spend it on something that we can make commission on.

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
I don't have a problem with not getting commission on half-priced items because we don't have to pay anything for host incentives. Other companies make their consultants pay for host incentives and gifts. But, I do have a problem with not getting commission on past hosts "host special" purchases. I am so glad that they give the current host credit for the past host purchase because it helps our hosts. But, that may be all that the person buys. Those items are usually big ticket items and could help our sales a lot.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
I would like to see us get Incentive trip points at least for the 1/2 price stuff and host special items. We are selling them the products. When I'm at a hosts house and I see their crappy cookware I want her to get our because it is so much better than what she has. I am still getting that sale for PC. I'm okay not getting a commission, but I would like to see incentive points for it.

stacieka

Nov 9, 2005
Ahh I see now. I am so bummed because my host is not buying her cookware until Oct! Ughhh! Hopefully I will get a few more points so that I can at least get something other than the saute pan which I already have

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
We DO get incentive points for selling the cookware as a 1/2 priced host item. In fact, we get FULL credit for it. (570 points)

I have sold 3 sets of the 1/2 priced Exec 12 pc Sets to Hosts since Pan-O-Rama started, and that in addition to the 12" family skillets at 1/2 price (still get FULL credit for it!), and the other smaller items, I have 3200+ points and have ordered my FREE 7 pc set that I earned! :)

And after Pan-O-Rama? I will be very happy to have shows for those host's friends who now want to have a show to be able to earn the cookware at 1/2 price, too. What a great booking tool!

Last edited:

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
We don't get commission for half price items but often the host works a bit harder to get to her next level so she can get what she wants for half off so we DO get that extra commission!

I always point out the great deal she can get on the cookware. The problem for me is that often even though she WANTS to get it even at half price it's beyond a lot of budgets to get the cookware combo.

Dec 30, 2005
Shawnna said:
I don't have a problem with not getting commission on half-priced items because we don't have to pay anything for host incentives. Other companies make their consultants pay for host incentives and gifts. But, I do have a problem with not getting commission on past hosts "host special" purchases. I am so glad that they give the current host credit for the past host purchase because it helps our hosts. But, that may be all that the person buys. Those items are usually big ticket items and could help our sales a lot.

Shawna- I agree with the first part of your post. We work with the BEST company and we are not responsible for all of the incredible incentives that our hosts receive. Our commission structure is very generous. I know many of the people who regularly post on this site are rather new with PC, but 3 years ago, when the whole world was making cuts and downsizing and laying off people, Doris gave EVERYONE a sizable raise in the opportunity to make much more based on our sales. I am glad our host gets credit for the host special, when purchased by past hosts, my benefit is that guests are going to CONTINUE to book because of those specials and more importantly HOLD, that is worth far more to me than what the old host program provided and worth FAR MORE to the hosts and past host than what the old program provided. The $10-$14.00 that I could make on the grill set for example is nothing compared to the garauntee of another held booking that may yeild me anywhere from $70 to $150 or more!

We are so fortunate y'all! Enjoy the fabulous company that has given you this incredible opportunity! :)