• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Our Spices Have Msg? Thanks!

In summary, there is no MSG in our spices and they are safe for those with allergies. However, the salt does contain iodine which can be harmful to those with shellfish allergies. It is important to be cautious when using our salt and to inform others with allergies to be careful. Some individuals may still be able to use the salt despite their shellfish allergy, but it is important to test for any reactions. Additionally, some vitamins may also contain iodine from shellfish, so it is important to check labels and be aware of potential allergens in our products.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Do our spices have MSG? Thanks!

Re: Spices-MSG
Chef Kearns said:
Do our spices have MSG? Thanks!

No - they are all MSG free!:thumbup:

Re: Spices-MSGThank you so much, Becky.

P.S. You should so accept Directorship!! You will make an awesome Director and you'll be able to maintain so much easier than get Directorship. PLUS, you'll have the extra push of NDA behind you to help motivate and set you off on the right track early on! I'm going in Oct, also!!

Re: Spices-MSGBut, guess what they do have IODINE, which I am allergic to.... So be sure to tell people that are allergic to shell fish, NO on our salt.

Yes, I called HO and verified this.

Re: Spices-MSGOh Man. I am allergic to shellfish!!

Re: Spices-MSGOk. So I'm confussed. Is the salt dangerous to those with allergies or the spices or both? I have a friend in my hospitality group that has very bad severe allergies to shell fish.

cwinter474 said:
But, guess what they do have IODINE, which I am allergic to.... So be sure to tell people that are allergic to shell fish, NO on our salt.

Yes, I called HO and verified this.

paigev71 said:
Oh Man. I am allergic to shellfish!!

Just for your information.... alot of Calcium that is in vitamins is from shell fish. I just found out the hard way.

Carol

tabnat80 said:
Ok. So I'm confussed. Is the salt dangerous to those with allergies or the spices or both? I have a friend in my hospitality group that has very bad severe allergies to shell fish.

I don't know. I am allergic to Iodine. So I am very careful. I know that if you are allergic to Iodine, you are usually allergic to shell fish and vise versa. I would think she needs to be careful.

Re: Spices-MSGI can use Iodized salt and take vitamins with Iodine with no problem. But if I eat shellfish....or in some cases anything that has come in contact with shellfish (possibly in same batter)....I break out like crazy.

I am going to try the salt and if I don't itch, I know it doesn't affect me.

Re: Spices-MSGI sent her an email just as a heads up to warn her to check it out. She is very very allergic to shell fish and has mentioned that if she's even around it she could die. Thanks for the info.

cwinter474 said:
I don't know. I am allergic to Iodine. So I am very careful. I know that if you are allergic to Iodine, you are usually allergic to shell fish and vise versa. I would think she needs to be careful.

cwinter474 said:
But, guess what they do have IODINE, which I am allergic to.... So be sure to tell people that are allergic to shell fish, NO on our salt. Yes, I called HO and verified this.
I am allergic to some shell fish. Just the main 3 crab, shrimp and lobster (i don't like lobster anyhow) I carry a EpiPen just in case. But I'm not allergic to iodine. I can use iodized salt.

Last edited:
SassyCook said:
I am allergic to some shell fish. Just the main 3 crab, shrimp and lobster (i don't like lobster anyhow) I carry a EpiPen just in case. But I'm not allergic to iodine. I can use iodized salt.

Your lucky!!!! Iodine gives me red hives.

Related to Do Our Spices Have Msg? Thanks!

What is MSG?

MSG stands for monosodium glutamate, a flavor enhancer commonly used in food products.

Does Pampered Chef use MSG in their spices?

No, Pampered Chef does not use MSG in any of our spice blends. We are committed to providing high-quality, healthy products to our customers.

Are there any health concerns associated with MSG?

Some people may experience symptoms such as headaches, nausea, or weakness after consuming large amounts of MSG, but there is no conclusive evidence that it is harmful to the general population.

Do any of your spices contain natural sources of MSG?

Some of our spices may contain naturally occurring glutamates, but they are not added as a flavor enhancer and are present in very small amounts.

How can I be sure that your spices are free of MSG?

All of our spice blends undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they are free of MSG. We also clearly label all of our products with a list of ingredients to make it easy for our customers to make informed choices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
kam
  • PamperedMandy2010
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JulieHaak