• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Pantry Products Really Changed? Investigating Reformulation Claims

In summary, the Pantry products contain no high fructose corn syrup and no added MSG. However, I think some of the sauces may contain corn syrup.
darlinclem
Gold Member
Did anyone notice in the Spring Product Guide that it stated "our Pantry Products contain no high fructose corn syrup and no added MSG."? I am 90% sure that almost all the sauces had HFC and the Asian Spice had MSG. Have they reformulated? Is this something I missed or have I just misread the sauces previously?

I thought our Asian Seasoning was MSG free.

I think some of the sauces contain corn syrup, but not HFCS. There's a difference. Slightly.

Amanda I wish I could answer that for you but I can not read that tinee-tiny print to save my soul! As for HFCS or Corn Syrup or sugar, I have had this conversation before with my doctor. He said that the body does not treat HFCS or Corn Syrup differently. Each is just a concentrated sugar. These are more dangerous to our systems as they sit in the body longer than regular sugar. But the CDC I thought had said they are all problems as they all still act like sugar and mess with natural insulin production. The corn syrups are just harder to break down. The bad part about that discussion is that so many studies have been made but there is also much conjecture, you simply do not know who to believe in that one. And again, I can not read that tinee-tiny print! All I know is that as a diabetic, if it tastes sweet, I have to use my own digression and also lots of self control. Too much is too much no matter who you are.

pampered1224 said:
Amanda I wish I could answer that for you but I can not read that tinee-tiny print to save my soul! As for HFCS or Corn Syrup or sugar, I have had this conversation before with my doctor. He said that the body does not treat HFCS or Corn Syrup differently. Each is just a concentrated sugar. These are more dangerous to our systems as they sit in the body longer than regular sugar. But the CDC I thought had said they are all problems as they all still act like sugar and mess with natural insulin production. The corn syrups are just harder to break down. The bad part about that discussion is that so many studies have been made but there is also much conjecture, you simply do not know who to believe in that one. And again, I can not read that tinee-tiny print! All I know is that as a diabetic, if it tastes sweet, I have to use my own digression and also lots of self control. Too much is too much no matter who you are.

Your Dr. is just spouting off the junk fed to him from the AMA. The problem with corn syrup...and especially HFCS is that almost all corn grown in the US is genetically modified. They have NO IDEA how the body reacts to it, because it has NEVER been tested. But, look around at the food allergies and other illnesses that are growing at astronomical rates, including those of my son...who has developed an allergy to corn. Corn makes him SICK, and he is not alone in this - corn allergies are becoming more prevalent all the time (my Sr. Dir. is another one I know). Why would something that has been used to feed millions for centuries all of a sudden be making people sick? Because it's been genetically modified - it doesn't have the same gene structure of corn...it's not even really corn as it was anymore, and it's being processed even more and put it every packaged food there is. Oh - but only here in North America. EVERY other civilized country has banned the use of GMO's and many have banned HFCS.

Watch the Documentary KING CORN. It's eye-opening.

Okay - now you know the label on my soap box. Or at least one of them. :eek:

1. What is the purpose of reformulating pantry products?

The purpose of reformulating pantry products is to improve their overall quality, taste, and nutritional value. Companies may also reformulate products to keep up with changing consumer preferences and to meet government regulations.

2. How can I tell if a pantry product has been reformulated?

You can tell if a pantry product has been reformulated by checking the ingredient list and nutrition label. If there are any changes to the ingredients or the nutritional values, it is likely that the product has been reformulated.

3. Are reformulated pantry products healthier than their previous versions?

Not necessarily. While some reformulated pantry products may have improved nutritional values, others may have added more sugar, salt, or other additives. It is important to read the ingredient list and nutrition label to determine the healthiness of a reformulated product.

4. Can I still use my old recipes with reformulated pantry products?

It depends on the changes made to the product. If the ingredients and nutritional values are similar, then you can use your old recipes. However, if there are significant changes, it may alter the taste or texture of your dishes. It is best to experiment and adjust your recipes accordingly.

5. Is it common for pantry products to be reformulated?

Yes, it is common for pantry products to be reformulated, especially as consumer tastes and preferences change. Companies may also reformulate products to keep up with market trends or to improve their competitive edge. It is important to stay informed and read labels to know if your favorite pantry products have been reformulated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Kathy Friedman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies