• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need to Enter All Expenses in P3?

In summary, if you have a travel log and receipts, you don't need to transfer them to P3 for tax purposes. Entering your expenses in P3 will make tax time easier.
mconsola
I have a stack of reciepts and mileage logged in a travel log. So do I need to transfer all of these over to P3 for tax purposes? I'm planning on using TurboTax since we've used it for personal taxes for the last 3 years.

You don't have to. But, I've found that tax time is easier if I have everything entered in P3, and just hand DH a printed report and envelope of receipts. The categories on the report match up with categories on the Schedule C.

I kept up with my receipts in P3, as well as postage for packets and postcards. I then print off the report, which will include supply orders and items such as gifts (10% amounts, etc to customers). My mileage I do in Excel.

It is nice having it all in the printout from the P3 report.

Robin

I just spent a really long time entering my mileage from all my shows ... and called HO, who graciously provided me with the amounts of the non-commission orders I placed this year.

I just finished entering my expenses and mileage. Thankfully, I only have been in business since September, and it's been VERY light- so I didn't have a ton to do. I was able to do it in a night with a movie or two going in the background. ("Failure to Launch" currently..Love M.McC!)

But I'm happy to have my P3 Income/Expenses up to date. :D WOOHOO!! It will be great to give to my DH when we do taxes. I don't claim what I don't have a receipt for.

PLUS I was pleasantly surprised that what I spent out of pocket was much less than I had feared! I had sold so much stuff on E-bay before going into business this fall, that my "net loss" was actually half as much- because of all I had sold on Ebay to pay for things... YEAH!!!:sing:

So now I can confess to my DH and not be afraid. *hehe*

After doing my taxes last night- I highly suggest that you enter all expenses in P3. So much easier and less time and like Ann said it matches the Schedule C. This took me forever last night becuase I didn't have all of it entered, had to enter it into a spreadsheet, and then total- I still had to print the expenses off P3 (consultant gifts, supply orders, etc.) and it was so much quicker and easier. I will be entering all of this years expenses in P3.

Related to Do I Need to Enter All Expenses in P3?

1. Do I need to enter every single expense in P3?

Yes, it is important to enter all expenses in P3 for accurate tracking and reporting. This includes both business and personal expenses related to your Pampered Chef business.

2. Can I enter expenses from previous months in P3?

Yes, you can enter expenses from previous months in P3. It is recommended to enter expenses as soon as possible to ensure accurate and up-to-date records.

3. What types of expenses should I enter in P3?

All business-related expenses should be entered in P3, such as supplies, travel expenses, and marketing materials. Personal expenses that are also used for your Pampered Chef business, such as a cell phone or home office space, should also be entered.

4. Do I need to keep physical copies of my receipts if I enter them in P3?

It is recommended to keep physical or digital copies of your receipts for your records, even if you enter them in P3. This can serve as proof in case of an audit or for your own reference.

5. Are there any expenses that I don't need to enter in P3?

You do not need to enter expenses that are reimbursed by Pampered Chef, such as host rewards or consultant incentives. These will already be accounted for in your P3 records.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • princessmeshelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • esavvymom