• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need a Business License for Fairs & Events?

yet. But I would just make sure and check with your tax attorney.I would call HO on this. They'll lead you to the right person.
tiffanypc05
when we go to fairs etc. do we have to have a bus. lic. since we aren't doing cash and carry. theres something going on in my area BUT the lady over it said the city said all vendors had to have bus. lic.

i'm confused so please help!!!1

Ususally a business license will only cost you about $5 - $10. If you are doing anything like taking orders and stuff I would get it just to cover yourself. But if you aren't taking any order just handing out flyers and business cards then you won't need it. From what I was told where I'm at is you have to have the business license if you are taking any orders cause you are still receiving money from a customer. So it is better to be safe and get it. It is consider a write off on your taxes. So it helps you out in the long run. Does that make sense.

I was told by my chamber of commerce guy that I didn't need one. Only if you were having people going in and out of your home like a store, and were going to be keeping inventory, like having to get a storage shed out back or something. He said that the only reason I would have to get a license is if anyone would complain that there were people going in and out of my house at all times like I had a store in my home or something.

I think I was able to use our liability form or flyer at a show when I first started--it should be in the downloads--I just showed them that:D

the bus. lic. here is $72. Can't afford that....who do you call to find out if i really need them or not?

tiffanypc05 said:
the bus. lic. here is $72. Can't afford that....who do you call to find out if i really need them or not?

Your in South Carolina like I am. The business license you are calling about it the one that is covering you for a full year. You don't need that. You need the one that covers you for a one day event. And that runs about 5 dollars or so. That is what I had to get when I participated in an event kind of like a fair. I did it just cover myself. I probably didn't need it. But I felt better knowing I had it. You can call the place that sells the business license and ask them. They should be able to tell you if you really need it or not. But from what they told me I had to have it if I was excepting money for an order. Hope that helps.

kat29 said:
Your in South Carolina like I am. The business license you are calling about it the one that is covering you for a full year. You don't need that. You need the one that covers you for a one day event. And that runs about 5 dollars or so.

The guy over the business license department in the city i'm wanting to do the festival in told me there's no such thing as a one day business liscence.

He also told me that I had to have a bus. licensce for each city, county, and state that I held kitchen shows in. I thought he was crazy. IMO if this was true, pc would tell us that when we signed up.

They are wanting like $75 just for a business liscence for me to use one day!!

HOLY COW... that is crazy!!!!! I would talk to someone at the chamber and commerce and talk to your director as well, Your director should get you in the right direction!!!

she says i don't need one but i'm just not gong to do the fair b/c by the time i pay for bus. lic. and the cost of the fair it's way to much money

That just does not make any sence.... I was going to do a fair here localy it cost $300.00 for a Booth!!!! and I found out about it too late so they wouldn't let me sign up for it .... If I want to do it next year I have to sign up for the fair in March ... the fair isn't until the end of JULY?? Now is it me or is that just plain werid??????

I would call HO on this. They'll lead you to the right person.
That guy telling you that you have to have one in every county city hmmm I don't know, technically he might be right.
I know technically as a trucking corporation (it's just my hubby and I) EVERY city that he unloads and loads in can tax him. (Like we're not taxed enough!). Nobody has enforced it yet. However we've heard rumor that cities, counties etc. are starting to enforce it to put money in their dwindling pockets.

Kris

Related to Do I Need a Business License for Fairs & Events?

1. Do I need a business license to sell Pampered Chef products at fairs and events?

Yes, you will need a business license to sell Pampered Chef products at fairs and events. This is required by most states and local governments, and it ensures that you are legally allowed to conduct business activities in that area.

2. How do I obtain a business license for fairs and events?

The process for obtaining a business license may vary depending on your location. In most cases, you will need to apply for a business license through your local government's website or in person at their office. You may also need to provide documentation such as your business name, address, and tax ID number.

3. Will I need a separate business license for each fair or event that I attend?

Typically, you will only need one business license to sell Pampered Chef products at all fairs and events. However, some states and local governments may require separate licenses for each event, so it's best to check with your local authorities to be sure.

4. How much does a business license for fairs and events cost?

The cost of a business license for fairs and events will vary depending on your location. Some states may charge a flat fee, while others may base the cost on your business's annual revenue. It's best to check with your local government for specific pricing information.

5. Are there any other permits or licenses I need to sell Pampered Chef products at fairs and events?

In addition to a business license, you may also need to obtain other permits or licenses depending on the location of the fair or event. This could include a temporary food permit if you plan on selling food products, or a vendor permit if the event requires it. It's important to research and obtain all necessary permits and licenses before participating in any fairs or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • ptejhe
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • scottcooks