• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need 2 Large Bar Pans? The Pros and Cons of Owning Multiple Pans

In summary, the author recommends using the kit stone only for shows to avoid it from getting dark and to entertain more with the extra pan. They also recommend storing extra stones so you don't have to start over seasoning a new one.

Do I need 2 bar pans?

• Of course you do, use it!

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • What for? Keep it in the box!

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
northern_sunshine
I had a Lg Bar Pan from before I became a consultant (Christmas gift from my mom, she loves me). So of course I got one with my kit and I've kept it in the box.

I'm dying to use it. I use my Lg bar pan so much, I think having another one would be wonderful.

But I also think of all the other things I could do with it. Do a raffle for it. give it as a gift to a friend or family member....

Do I really need 2 lg bar pans? :D

i have 3!!! lol

I have 3 and couldn't live without all of them! :)

There are only 2 of us at my house, and that's my most-used stone!

Absolutely USE IT!!!

What you could do, is use the kit one only for shows, that way it doesn't get dark as fast. Seeing the dark stone sometimes turns customers off, even when you explain that "the worse it looks, the better it cooks."

I agree with Ann...
Plus, if you like to entertain (or just make large batches of cookies), it is nice to have more than one pan.
Think about it this way... how many people have 3 or 4 metal cookie sheets... if you have this many metal cookie sheets, why wouldn't you have that many stones?

My medium stone is used most often & I have 2 of those now. Absolutely just use it! Then you can have one for your shows & one for home.

i was thinking the same thing--I have like 2 or 3 metal cookie sheets, 2 metal pizza pans... so why not have 2 bar pans and chuck the other stuff? I use my bar pan all the time, just made cookies on it this afternoon and will probably use it to heat dinner. When I made my cookies, I had the bar pan, the med. bar pan, and the round stone all going, so if your oven fits two bar pans better then go for it.

Hanging my head in shame I "only" (GRIN) have 6 (broke 1)
It is my favorite use it ALL the time !!!

Use it! You can have one to take to shows and one that doesn't leave your kitchen.
Mary

I have 2 in use, I love this stone. I wouldn't give it up, funny thing is my DH wouldn't let me either! He loves this stuff more than me sometimes....

I agree- the more stones, the better! But I'm running out of places to store them. Anybody got any neat tips?

The stoneware storage rack from a while back if you could find anyone willing to part with one. I know one person who had a handy husband who added lots of shelves (spaced about 2 inches apart) inside a cabinet to hold all her flat stones. That worked well.

My kitchen is itty bitty, so I have to stack mine. I got the rubbery shelf liner and cut to size and put those inbetween. No problems at all - plenty of padding. hth!

I have 2 or 3 bar pans, 3 rectangular bakers, 2 large round stones!!!

My hubby took dowel rods & put them in between the shelfs of my microwave cart so I can stand my stones on end & not have to stack them. It's kind of like the stoneware storage racks only on a bigger scale. He put them at different widths so I could store different items. It's great but now I need him to do the same thing with another cabinet since the first one is full!!

northern_sunshine said:
I had a Lg Bar Pan from before I became a consultant (Christmas gift from my mom, she loves me). So of course I got one with my kit and I've kept it in the box.

I'm dying to use it. I use my Lg bar pan so much, I think having another one would be wonderful.

But I also think of all the other things I could do with it. Do a raffle for it. give it as a gift to a friend or family member....

Do I really need 2 lg bar pans? :D

Yes you do!!! You can roast twice as many vegetables with 2! I love having 2. Also reassures me that now I have 2 well-seasoned bar pans in case, G-d forbid, one breaks! lol.

My sister’s favorite stone is the Bar Pan and about a year ago she chipped the corner. She got a new one, but still uses the old one because it's so well seasoned. Starting over seasoning a new stone is just no fun.

1. Do I really need two large bar pans?

Yes, having two large bar pans can be very useful for baking larger batches of bars or other baked goods at once. It also allows for more flexibility in your baking options.

2. Can I use one large bar pan instead of two?

While you can use one large bar pan, using two allows for even baking and prevents overcrowding of your baked goods. It also saves time by allowing you to bake more at once.

3. What are the dimensions of the large bar pans?

Our large bar pans measure approximately 13 x 9 inches, making them perfect for baking a variety of desserts and other dishes.

4. Can I use the large bar pans for anything other than baking?

Yes, our large bar pans are versatile and can also be used for roasting vegetables, cooking casseroles, and even as a serving dish for appetizers or side dishes.

5. Are the large bar pans dishwasher safe?

Yes, our large bar pans are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing to extend the life of the pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies