• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Lay 2 Cans of Crescent Dough in Bar Pan

In summary, you should lay out one dough and smoosh it out to the edges. This will work for the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza. If you want to make a crescent roll crust, you have to take them apart and place them so it all fits.
babywings76
Gold Member
:blushing: :confused: This is kind of embarrassing, but I can never get this quite right. I have 2 cans of the dough, I need to lay them in the large bar pan for the crust. If I lay them the long way, on the long side of the pan, they aren't long enough. Is that the direction they should go, then I just use the roller to stretch it out? Or do I lay the dough the long way on the short sides of the bar pan? That way feels like they are just too long and there is too much bulky dough. I feel like I need a picture. :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad...I struggle with this too! :)

I have never used 2 cans of dough. I lay out just one and smoosh it out to the edges. This works just fine for the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza anyway...the crust thickness was just right.

Get_Pampered said:
I have never used 2 cans of dough. I lay out just one and smoosh it out to the edges. This works just fine for the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza anyway...the crust thickness was just right.

I use pizza dough for that recipe and don't have trouble. Just when I'm doing the crescent dough crust. One can doesn't seem to stretch quite right and the recipes call for 2 cans. I'm making a crescent roll crust and then cooking a mexican beef mixture and then putting on cheese to bake longer and then serving with salad.

You have to take them apart and place them so it all fits.

Okay, so it's in the oven. I did the long way on the long sides. There was a couple inches overlap of the 2 sheets of dough, but I used the roller to kind of smoosh and even things out. I think this is how I did it in the past. I need to write it down somewhere so that when I do this I don't have to think about it as long. ;) I don't do these crescent roll crusts very often (fattening) but I've got dough to use up and a friend is coming over for lunch.

You could cut the dough excess into fun shapes, sprinkle with a seasoning of your choice (I like garlic), bake alongside the crust and use them like croutons for your salad. Then it looks like you meant to have extra ;)

DebbieJ said:
You have to take them apart and place them so it all fits.

I was wondering about that. I had one tube of the "recipe creations" and one of regular crescent dough. Because they market the recipe creations sheet kind, I figured there was a specific way to get them laid out right. KWIM? The regular dough with it's sections, made me think that there would be a way to piece it together.

I'm over thinking things.... :rolleyes:

I always just lay them out and pinch the seams thogether. Sometimes I have extra or have to tear them a part to fit correctly.

I just lay them out the long way, Bakers Roller them to seal the seams, and trim any excess with the 5" utility knife, showing how it's ok to use it on stoneware.

Get_Pampered said:

I do the exact same thing...less calories, too! :)

1. How do I properly lay 2 cans of crescent dough in a bar pan?

To properly lay 2 cans of crescent dough in a bar pan, start by preheating your oven according to the directions on the crescent dough package. Then, unroll the first can of dough and lay it flat in the bottom of the bar pan, making sure to press the dough evenly into the corners. Repeat with the second can of dough, overlapping the edges slightly if needed. Finally, follow the recipe instructions for baking.

2. Can I use a different type of dough instead of crescent dough?

Yes, you can use a different type of dough in your bar pan. However, keep in mind that the texture and baking time may vary from the recipe's instructions. It's best to use a dough that is similar in size and thickness to crescent dough for the best results.

3. Do I need to grease the bar pan before laying the dough?

It is recommended to lightly grease the bar pan before laying the dough to prevent it from sticking. You can use cooking spray, butter, or oil to grease the pan. If your bar pan is non-stick, you may not need to grease it.

4. How do I prevent the dough from sticking to my hands?

To prevent the dough from sticking to your hands, lightly flour your hands before handling the dough. This will help to create a barrier between your hands and the dough, making it easier to work with.

5. Can I prepare the dough and refrigerate it before baking?

Yes, you can prepare the dough in advance and refrigerate it before baking. After laying the dough in the bar pan, cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. This is a great option for making ahead for parties or busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chef131doreen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies