• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Have to Use the Pampered Chef Visa to Place an Individual Order?

-You need the new PC Visa to use the order form.-The order form won't work with any other card.-The order form might not be accepting any orders as of this morning because of an updated software update.
clshirk
I am trying to submit an individual order and for some reason it keeps failing. I'm not using the PC Debit card- I'm using my Discover card which never fails on me and is definitely not maxed out. Is there a way around this? I need to place the order today and never applied for the PC visa. I have regular debit cards. I don't have any PC gift certificates or anything. Any ideas?

with it being an individual order I dont see why it wouldnt work. Or is it a supply order?

no -it's an individual order. I'm trying a nother cc as we speak just to make sure.
ETA- Failed again. I'm off to call the home office.

I believe HO is closed. Sorry I hope it works out for you.

Yep- closed....hmm, not sure what's up with that...it's gonna drive me nuts. Maybe I"ll just wait and try again later- maybe it'll go through.

Is this an individual order for yourself or for someone else? Perhaps there is something built into the software to prevent you from submitting an order for yourself under anything other than PC visa or debit card, but if the card and order were for someone else, I don't see why it shouldn't go through....

Well, I changed the consultant address on the order to a different address- do you think that made a difference? Maybe I should go to consultant corner and change my addy altogether and then update PP3 and submit, then go back and rechange it...The order is for someone else- it's a tiny little order. As soon as dh gets off the computer upstairs I'm gonna shut down and restart just to make sure that's not it...then do an address change- see if that works.
Any other ideas? I guess I was just scared that it wouldn't go through bc I wasn't using the new PC visa card.

I think what might be happening is its not reading ANY PC card ( for your default) You definatley need 1 or the other to be able to submit shows of any kind. All I can say is right now if you have a PWS, log in as a customer & it will accept ANY card...HTH

An individual order or a personal (non commission) order? They're 2 completely different things.An individual order should go through with any card that we accept.A personal order can only be paid with PC$, PC Debit or PC Visa. And the HO software would have been updated to only accept the new PC Visa as of this morning.

Ah- as I'm looking back over it - it is a personal order, not individual. So if that's true, then it's not going to let me place a personal order without the new visa, correct?
I'm also noticing I'm continuously getting application update errors- I'm not sure why either- I'm trying to troubleshoot that now.

Whoa- but I can still use the debit card, right? I just realized that. I never used the PC visa card they had before- always the debit card...so that one still works?

You can place a personal order with your PC debit card.

On the P3 application updates, go to your task manager and kill all instances of Pampered Partner and javaw.exe or if you aren't comfortable with that, reboot completely. Something got stuck on the update.

I"m not sure what you mean Janet. I'm thinking it might help. I need you to be a little more specific b/c I am not sure how to get to my task manager in app updates...

I tried just doing my debit card and I made sure my name was the ship to person...
then I just put c/o in the 1st address line of the person I'm sending it to. It still didn't work.

I just did the P3 update, and it had to close and restart the program to apply the updates.

You can get to Task Manager by pressing 3 keys at once: ctl-alt-del

But really, restarting your PC should do it.

Oh yeah- forgot that is my task manager. My favorite 3 keys. I'm an idiot. Anyhow, I've shut the program down several times and it won't fix the updates. And I did a restart and didn't work. We're going out to eat now- so I"m shutting the thing down for over an hour- then see if it will fix the applications update error it keeps giving me.

clshirk said:
Whoa- but I can still use the debit card, right? I just realized that. I never used the PC visa card they had before- always the debit card...so that one still works?
Yes, you can still use the debit card. That hasn't changed. The notes about the new Visa were worded to downplay the debit card, but it is still a valid form of payment.

when did you start putting the order together? One time when I started to create an order it wouldn't let me submit either, I ended up having to start over. Since I started putting it together in one month and wanted to submit it the next month. Hope this helps. I know it sucked having to start over, it was a big order.

No, it's a personal order, so it gives you 1 date for the order rather than the typical start and end dates with regular orders.

I let the computer sit off for probably 2 hours- still nothing.

I have double checked my Debit card number and everything.

It lets me go through to click "submit now"...something about application update error is what I think it is. Because as it's sending the order, an "application update error" message comes up- it just says there is an error- you can't click a 'details' button, so I don't know what is messing up. If I try to run updates like when you open and have to close the program or just using the buttons at the top of the screen, it won't let me do it there either.

Maybe this is a more technical issue than a payment issue...but I'm not sure what to do- save my stuff, take the program out and reupload it from cc?

can you order it from your web-site?

Did today's P3 update get installed?

It must have been a pretty significant update - it told me it was restarting the program, which it doesn't always do with updates.

Without submitting the order, Help > Check for updates.
What happens with that?

Last edited:
Yeah- see I'm getting an application update error with that. If there was a huge update- then I missed something. So I'm reinstalling right now.

IT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness. I guess it was a totally technical issue. Now it's solved. Reinstalling the whole program is what it took. I tried going to Help-updates, etc etc, and none of that worked so something was going haywired. Now I can rest. It's done.

Related to Do I Have to Use the Pampered Chef Visa to Place an Individual Order?

1. What is the Pampered Chef Visa and how does it work?

The Pampered Chef Visa is a credit card that can be used to make purchases on the Pampered Chef website. It offers rewards and special benefits for loyal customers, such as free shipping and discounts on future purchases. It works just like any other credit card, with the added bonus of exclusive perks for Pampered Chef shoppers.

2. Do I have to use the Pampered Chef Visa to make an individual order?

No, you are not required to use the Pampered Chef Visa to make an individual order. You can use any form of payment accepted on the website, such as credit or debit cards, PayPal, or gift cards. However, using the Pampered Chef Visa may offer additional benefits and rewards for your purchase.

3. When will the individual order be charged to my Pampered Chef Visa?

The individual order will be charged to your Pampered Chef Visa on the date of purchase. It will appear on your credit card statement as a charge from Pampered Chef.

4. Are there any fees or interest associated with using the Pampered Chef Visa?

There are no annual fees associated with the Pampered Chef Visa. However, like any credit card, there may be interest charges if you do not pay the balance in full each month. It is important to read and understand the terms and conditions of the card before using it.

5. Can I earn rewards or discounts with the Pampered Chef Visa for purchases made on other websites?

No, the rewards and benefits of the Pampered Chef Visa are only applicable for purchases made on the Pampered Chef website. Using the card for purchases on other websites will not earn any rewards or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • Kate0831
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jennyl
  • Dotty