• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Dishwasher Rust Spots | Tips for Avoidance

In summary, to prevent rust spots on your dishes in the dishwasher, it is important to properly clean and maintain your dishwasher. This includes cleaning the filter and checking for hard water deposits. Certain types of dishware, such as cast iron and non-stainless steel, are more prone to rust and should be hand washed. If you notice rust spots, hand wash the dishes and use a rust remover if needed. Using too much detergent and putting sharp objects in the dishwasher can also cause rust spots. It is also helpful to thoroughly dry dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and regularly maintaining the dishwasher.
TheFreddiesCook
is it dishwasher safe? A customer just called me that she was disappointed it came out of the dishwahser with rust spots. Any tips? I have to call her back soon...

So what should I tell her about those spots? Should I get more info from solutions center? Or get her a bottle of stainless cleaner for free?

You can explain to her that while the tool is stainless steel, it does not mean it's absolutely rust proof. If water sits on it, it may develop rust spots. If the turner is brand new, she might contact HO for an exchange. If it's older, it could be that the rust finally showed up after years of use.

the turner is brand new... she got it for Christmas. She place an order at a Christmas fair I had a booth at.

Then I would have her call HO. Or you can call for her if you'd like.

Try the stainless cleaner. I have used it on several items other than cookware. Even the forged cutlery. Works great!

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out about the rust spots on your dishware after putting them in the dishwasher. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the results. To answer your question, our products are dishwasher safe. However, there are a few things you can do to help prevent rust spots from forming. Firstly, make sure you are using the appropriate dishwasher detergent and following the manufacturer's instructions. Using too much detergent or not using a high-quality, phosphate-free detergent can contribute to the formation of rust spots. Secondly, try to avoid overcrowding your dishwasher. Overloading can prevent proper circulation of water and detergent, leading to spots and residue on your dishes. Lastly, check your dishwasher's water temperature. If it is set too high, it can cause the protective coating on your dishes to break down, making them more susceptible to rust. I hope these tips are helpful and please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing our products and I hope you have a great day! Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

Related to Dishwasher Rust Spots | Tips for Avoidance

1. How do I prevent rust spots on my dishes in the dishwasher?

To avoid rust spots on your dishes in the dishwasher, make sure to properly clean and maintain your dishwasher. This includes regularly cleaning the dishwasher filter and checking for any build-up of hard water deposits. You can also use a dishwasher cleaner specifically designed to remove rust and mineral deposits. Additionally, avoid overloading the dishwasher and make sure to use the appropriate dishwasher detergent for your water hardness level.

2. Can certain types of dishware be more prone to rust in the dishwasher?

Yes, certain types of dishware such as cast iron, copper, and non-stainless steel can be more prone to rust in the dishwasher. It is best to hand wash these types of dishes to prevent rust spots.

3. What should I do if I notice rust spots on my dishes after running them through the dishwasher?

If you notice rust spots on your dishes, remove them from the dishwasher and hand wash them with warm water and dish soap. Make sure to thoroughly dry them after washing. You can also try using a rust remover specifically designed for dishware. If the rust spots do not come off, it may be time to replace the dishware.

4. Can using too much detergent cause rust spots in the dishwasher?

Yes, using too much detergent in your dishwasher can lead to rust spots on your dishes. The excess detergent can cause a build-up of minerals and deposits on the dishes, which can result in rusting. Use the recommended amount of detergent for your dishwasher and water hardness level.

5. Are there any other tips to prevent rust spots in the dishwasher?

Avoid putting sharp objects, such as knives, in the dishwasher as they can scratch the protective coating on the dish rack and lead to rust spots. Also, make sure to dry your dishes completely before putting them in the dishwasher to prevent any lingering moisture that can contribute to rusting. Regularly checking and maintaining your dishwasher can also help prevent rust spots.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kdangel518