• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Discover the Best Southern Gospel Music: Top Groups, Trios, and Quartets

In summary, the Southern Gospel singer loves many groups, but her favorite is the Crabb Family. She also likes the Easters, the Booth Brothers, Jeff and Sheri Easter, and the Greenes. She's excited for the Gaither Homecoming in February and has tickets.
cookingwith_tara
I am a HUGE fan of Southern Gospel music. My husband and I are southern gospel singers and we try to stay in the know when it comes to southern gospel. So are there any like fans out there? And if so, what are your absolute favorite groups, trio's, quartets, etc.?

The Pfiefers were just here on the grounds where I live, for a Christmas Concert. They were amazing.

Love the Easters...don't know much about Southern Gospel, but love them!!!

I love the Crabb Family and the Easters. I met the Easters at a Gaither concert and got an autograph! They are super nice! I have also met the Booth Brothers at the Gaither concert and got their autograph too!:sing::sing::sing:

I like Jeff and Sheri Easter, too. Here are my favorites:

The Greenes
The Collinsworth Family
Brian Free & Assurance
The Dosses
The Hoppers
Gold City
The Anchorman
Kingsmen Quartet
The Perrys
The Isaacs'
The Ruppes
Legacy Five (originally The Cathedrals Quartet)
Karen Peck & New River
Pure Heart

Have you heard of any of these groups?

I love The Crabb Family...although since they split I think only Aaron and Amanda have stayed purely Southern Gospel. Jason is my fav and he leans more contemporary and Adam and Tara are a mixture.

I like:

Karen Peck
The Issacks
The McKameys
Mike and Kelly Bowlin...Kelly Crabb

there is a newer group out called Hope's Call and they are really good too.

Oooh, I like the McKameys, too. I just bought Hope's Call cd and I like it! We just started singing some of The Rochester's songs. They're bluegrass like the Isaacs'.

There's a new song by the Booth Bros. called "I would". My husband sang it at church last month. It's such a good song.

I just got tickets for the Gaither Homecoming in February! I'm so excited to go!

But, here's the link to my favorite single right now by the Kingsmen Quartet - "God Ran" YouTube - The Kingsmen When God Ran They performed this at the National Quartet Convention 2008 which I sooooo want to surprise my husband with this year!

My kids, FIL and MIL and nieces and my dad when he was alive all loved the Gaithers.

I love Southern Gospel music! I have many favorites but mostly the songs are what I love. I do have a bias on groups though. THe Talleys are from my hometown and went to both school and church with me so they get my vote every time.Elle

I have quite a few Lauren Talley songs that I sing at church and events. I love their music, too!

1. What is Southern Gospel music?

Southern Gospel music is a genre of Christian music that originated in the Southern United States. It is characterized by close harmonies, a capella singing, and lyrics that focus on faith, salvation, and the Christian lifestyle.

2. Who are the top groups, trios, and quartets in Southern Gospel music?

Some of the top groups, trios, and quartets in Southern Gospel music include The Gaither Vocal Band, The Booth Brothers, The Hoppers, The Isaacs, and The Perrys.

3. What makes Southern Gospel music unique?

Southern Gospel music is unique in its use of close harmonies and a capella singing, as well as its focus on traditional Christian values and themes. It also incorporates elements of bluegrass, country, and blues music.

4. Where can I listen to Southern Gospel music?

You can listen to Southern Gospel music on various platforms, such as radio stations, streaming services like Spotify and Pandora, and YouTube. You can also attend live concerts and performances by Southern Gospel artists.

5. Are there any popular Southern Gospel music festivals or events?

Yes, there are several popular Southern Gospel music festivals and events, such as the National Quartet Convention, the Singing News Fan Awards, and the Gatlinburg Gathering. These events feature performances by top Southern Gospel artists and provide a great opportunity for fans to experience the music live.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ted122781
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
mrssyvo