• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Recipes in Our Holiday Cookbook | FPV Hosting Tips

In a large bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water. Pour batter into the prepared pans.3. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool torte layers completely before assembling.4. For the Torte Layers: In a medium bowl, combine 1 can of cherry pie filling, whipped topping, dark chocolate candy, almond extract, and almonds. Spread mixture over the cooled torte layers.5. To assemble the Torte: Place one torte layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup cherry pie filling over the torte layer. Repeat
jrstephens
What all recipes are in it? I am hosting my own show and want to use FPV to get it.

What do you all like the best?

Definatley get it. I had a customer take mine at my last show (not intentionally, she added it to her order and thought that was the one for sale) and I'm waiting on my replacement. There are some great recipes, but I don't remember the correct names for them. I made the graham cracker pecan praline things and they were very good. There's a recipe for a brownie torte something that uses cherry pie filing that looks to die for. There's also a cake with snowflakes around the sides that sound pretty good too.

My mom stole mine after I made the Cherry Cordial Torte (the brownie that uses cherry pie filling that Linda described) at her show. It was sooo yummy. I sold 14 of those cookbooks at her show because everyone loved it. I know there was the snowman cake, yule log cake, and a menorah cake. I don't remember what else was in it but I know I had trouble decided what to try first. It is definitely worth the money.

That's the name! Cherry Cordial Torte. Everyone stops on that page when they are flipping through and says the same thing....I bet THAT tastes good! I am making that for my next show.

I'm selling several at every show just by passing it around.

wadesgirl said:
I'm selling several at every show just by passing it around.

Now if I could just book a show other than catalog, ha! I have got to get on the phone!

jrstephens said:
Now if I could just book a show other than catalog, ha! I have got to get on the phone!

Go for it! So many of us have LOTS of shows on the books for November, people are booking like crazy!

I don't know if it's even possible, but could someone post the recipe for the Cherry Cordial Torte? I haven't ordered the festive holidays cookbook...I know, I know...:blushing: but I am about to place an order for it and would love to try the torte so I know if it's feasible to use as a booking tool for a possible show this month.

TIA!

This is probably one of the best books they've put together. I want to try all of the recipes! I did the snowman on the cover, so easy, and have made the pecan squares (can't recall the name). I want to do the meringue wreaths next. Such a great book as there are tonnes of things you can do with your kids in it, or can switch up for other holidays (ie make the meringue wreaths blue and use blue and white decorator sugars for Channuka). Defintely worth it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cherry Cordial Torte. I am making it again for my November Kickoff show on Saturday.

Funny. I've sold tons. I just got an email today, though from a host whose outside order wants to exchange hers. She doesn't care for it. Surprised me.

Hope she didn't just copy the recipes and now wants to return it.

I love this book. And sell many at every party, like someone else said just from passing it around. I am making the snowman cake tomorrow but making him into a ghost LOL Ought to be cute LOL

Fluffy215 said:
I love this book. And sell many at every party, like someone else said just from passing it around. I am making the snowman cake tomorrow but making him into a ghost LOL Ought to be cute LOL

be sure you post a picture - that should be really cute

ChefJoyJ said:
I don't know if it's even possible, but could someone post the recipe for the Cherry Cordial Torte? I haven't ordered the festive holidays cookbook...I know, I know...:blushing: but I am about to place an order for it and would love to try the torte so I know if it's feasible to use as a booking tool for a possible show this month.

TIA!

Cherry Cordial Torte

The filling is this mouth-watering cake is reminiscent of chocolate-covered cherry cordial candies.

Torte Layers
Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1 pkg (18-21 oz or 450 g) traditional or chewy brownie mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water

Filling and Garnish
2 cans (21 oz or 540 ml each) cherry pie filling, divided
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups/750 mL)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 bars (1.45 oz/41 g each) dark chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
additional powdered sugar for garnish (optional)

Prep time: 35 minutes Total time: 50 - 60 minutes

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8 inch circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. For torte layers, in Stainless (4 qt) Mixing Bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water; mix well. Divide batter between pans, spreading to edges. Bake 10-12 minutes or until centers feel firm to the touch. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooking Rack; cool in pans 5 minutes. Invert brownies onto cooling rack and cool completely.

2. Meanwhile, for filling, strain one can of the cherry filling in Small Colander to remove and discard glaze; place cherries into Classic Batter Bowl. Fold in whipped topping, sugar, chocolate and almond extract.

3. To assemble torte, transfer one brownie well-side up to Simple Additions Large Round Platter. Spread filling into brownie well. Place top brownie layer well-side up over filling. Using Slotted Spoon, spoon second can of cherry pie filling into well of brownie, straining out about 1/4 cup of the glaze. Spread pie filling over well, leaving a 1 inch border around edge of well. Sprinkle toasted almonds into border. Sprinkle additional powdered sugar over almonds, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings

Chef's Corner

For the filling in this recipe, the Small Colander and Small Colander Bowl are used to easily strain off excess glaze from the cherry pie filling.

For best results, do not use brownie mixes containing chocolate morsels or chunks, as these will cause sticking.

If you don't have nonstick cooking spray containing flour, brush Torte Pans with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder. Tap out excess cocoa powder.

To toast almonds, place in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, 30 seconds to 2 minutes, 30 seconds, stirring after each 30 second interval, until lightly toasted.

Thank you!! Yum! I will definitely have to try that....and soon! :D

gailz2 said:
Hope she didn't just copy the recipes and now wants to return it.

My host said that her guest would like to exchange it for another cookbook, so I've chosen to believe that the recipes just didn't excite her. Usually I arrange these things, but in this case I told the host that it would probably be best if the guest contacted the HO herself and gave her the info.

When I first got the cookbook, I tried the ornaments made with rice crispies. I was disappointed. But, as another consultant pointed out, I should have used professional food color. I think the amount of rice crispies needs to be doubled, too. I need to try it again.But, after making the Cherry Cordial Torte, I would say that the cookbook is worth purchasing just for that recipe! I omitted the powdered sugar (in the filling only) and did not put almonds (host does not eat nuts) on top and it was still great!!Another recipe I am eager to try is the christmas stocking cake made w/graham crackers. It is t-o-o cute!!

LOVE it one of my faves!

That torte is awesome! I made it for Thanksgiving.

I just ordered two of the holiday cookbooks, cannot wait!

I made the snowman cake and it was very easy and cute. We've been eating it, and the frosting is sooo good. I don't like to use shortening for anything, but just this once, it was very worth it. My 10 year old nephew wants me to make it again for his birthday in January.

I have sold so many of these, I have made several recipes and love the cookbook.
I gave one as a hostess gift and got 2 catty shows booked because they were hoping to get one. I gave them to December hosts and then almost everyone bought one.

The torte is awesome, I made the blushing cran apple pie ( so yummy), snowman cake, brownie lollipops, ornaments, stocking cake and I am making the mint cake this week.

The Stocking Cake turned out really cute. My Recruit got only 8 oz of Cool Whip so I told her we would just use the can of red decorating icing to do the cuff, heel, and toe. It turned out cute... We didn't read all the way down before she told someone who was coming to her Grand Opening what she was making and we didn't realize it had to be refrigerated 6 hours or overnight. We took it last night to our Hospitality Cluster Christmas Party! Everyone loved it!

We tried the Brownie Lollipops but they didn't work...

This cookbook is actually how I came to join PC. A co-worker of mine attended a party who the consultant was her SIL. She loved the cookbook so much she bought 10 of them knowing that she could sell them to us girls at work (for what she paid for them). We all gladly gave her the money.

I kept going through it and talking about it, and saying how much I loved PC and she's like well, if you have a show I'll order from you, so I did. Oct. 17th I had a great show with $800 in sales! woohoo for me! I couldn't believe how easy it was for me to get that much in sales so I signed a few days later with 6 parties on the books before I even purchased the kit!

Thank you little cookbook!

Is there anyone who could post the recipe for the Cherry Cordial Torte. It is so yummy I'd like it in my recipe files, but I am a slow typer!

~Thank You & Merry Christmas~

What types of recipes are included in the holiday cookbook?

The holiday cookbook features a variety of recipes for appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and more. There are also options for different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free and vegetarian.

Are the recipes easy to follow for beginner cooks?

Yes, the recipes in the holiday cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

Are there any recipes that can be made in advance?

Yes, the holiday cookbook includes several make-ahead recipes that are perfect for busy holiday gatherings. These recipes can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.

Can the holiday cookbook be customized for dietary restrictions or preferences?

Absolutely! Our holiday cookbook includes a section for customizable recipes where you can substitute ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions or personal preferences.

Does the holiday cookbook include recipes for traditional holiday dishes?

Yes, the holiday cookbook features traditional holiday dishes like roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. It also includes unique twists on classic recipes for a fun and delicious holiday meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • monicag
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies