• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Solutions for Your Cookie Press Design Issue - Get Expert Tips Now!

You want your dough to be WARM--I keep it in my SS bowl in a sink full of hot water. Then as you press, hold it there and then twist and lift.
pcdena
A customer asked me how to solve this problem : :eek: some of the designs for her cookie press do not release dough out

The number on the disk needs to be facing out. Tell her to read the use/care card. I believe it says it to have the number facing out. Hope that helps you out. :)

I too have hadthe same problem and have the number facing out, have read the instruction card...wondering if maybe a little flour wouldn't hurt? they dont' come out correctly.......

HELP...I LOVE making holiday cookies and this would be a BLAST......

I have heard of a tip to fix this, but I can't remember what is was! I think it was something about holding the press still for a second when you squeeze out the cookie. Can someone else help?

I tend to make my dough a little more moist than I normally would. I tell all of my guestws to give the press a few times before they give up. It does take a "knack" to get all of that dough through those little hjoles. I have found that holding the press on the surface and evenly squeezing as I pull up on the press, works the best. HTH

You want your dough to be WARM--I keep it in my SS bowl in a sink full of hot water. Then as you press, hold it there and then twist and lift.

I have heard on a CD from the Test kitchens that many people over measuure the dry ingredients and under measure the wet and that causes problems with the cookie press

DebbieJ said:

So, I should twist the press as I am lifting? I have used mine a few times and likes it and think that I would love it if I practiced more.

Related to Discover Solutions for Your Cookie Press Design Issue - Get Expert Tips Now!

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make cookies in different shapes and designs. It works by pressing the cookie dough through a disc with a specific design, creating uniform and decorative cookies.

What are some common design issues with cookie presses?

Some common design issues with cookie presses include dough sticking to the press, difficulty in releasing the cookies, and inconsistent shapes or sizes of the cookies.

How can I prevent dough from sticking to my cookie press?

To prevent dough from sticking to your cookie press, make sure to use a recipe with the right consistency. You can also flour the dough or spray the press with non-stick cooking spray before use.

What can I do if my cookies are not releasing from the press?

If your cookies are not releasing from the press, try chilling the dough beforehand, as cold dough is less likely to stick. You can also lightly grease the cookie sheet or use parchment paper to prevent sticking.

How can I ensure consistent shapes and sizes when using a cookie press?

To ensure consistent shapes and sizes when using a cookie press, make sure to use the same amount of dough for each cookie and apply even pressure when pressing. Also, make sure the disc is clean and free from any dough buildup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • AMTC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Staci