• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't Discontinued Items Be Removed from Wedding Registries?

In summary, when an item on your registry is marked as "discontinued," it means that the product is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef. Discontinued items cannot be purchased as a gift for a registry and will not appear as an option for guests to purchase. You will receive a notification via email if an item on your registry becomes discontinued, giving you the opportunity to remove it and replace it with a similar product. If you received a discontinued item as a gift, you can exchange it for a similar product or receive a Pampered Chef gift card for the value. There are no discounts or deals available for discontinued items on your registry, but you can choose a similar product at the same price point.
chefmelody
Has anyone noticed that you can't remove discontinued items from a wedding registry? It won't let you change the quantity... which is the only way to remove an item from the registry. This is extremely annoying, especially when the items have only been redesigned! I have a couple who registered a year ago, and it seems like half their registry has a red "DISCONTINUED" label on it... even though we've added the new products.

To me, it looks really bad for PC as a company... who would want to register with a company who discontinues so much of their stuff? :rolleyes: I know it's not like that, but a casual viewer of the registry might get a bad impression.

I've emailed HO about this twice now... maybe if more consultants bug them about it, they'll do something to remedy the situation.

I thought that they had taken them off of there... I did get the email, but.. That is a bit "ugly".

Thanks for the reminder. I was going to email them about this myself...

SillyChef said:
I thought that they had taken them off of there... I did get the email, but.. That is a bit "ugly".

Yeah, they send you the email saying what items have been discontinued... but there's no way to remove them. :rolleyes:

I saw that just yesterday as well.....it does look bad! I will email HO as well.

What does it mean when an item on my registry is marked as "discontinued"?

When an item on your registry is marked as "discontinued," it means that the product is no longer being produced and is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef.

Can I still receive a discontinued item on my registry as a gift?

No, unfortunately discontinued items cannot be purchased as a gift for a registry. They will not appear as an option for guests to purchase.

Will I be notified if an item on my registry becomes discontinued?

Yes, you will receive a notification via email if an item on your registry becomes discontinued. This will give you the opportunity to remove the item and replace it with a similar product.

If I received a discontinued item as a gift, can I still exchange it?

Yes, you can exchange a discontinued item for a similar product or receive a Pampered Chef gift card for the value of the item. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with exchanges.

Are there any discounts or deals available for discontinued items on my registry?

No, unfortunately there are no discounts or deals available for discontinued items on your registry. You can, however, choose a similar product to replace the discontinued item at the same price point.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingabcs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • lisacb77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • lkhartmann