• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Predicting and Wishing for Discontinued Items in 2007

In summary, the items that may be discontinued are the tiles paper napkins, the silicone oven mitt, the skewer set, and the deluxe cheese grater. The items that Gillian wants to see discontinued are the stoneware lid/bowl, the pink towels, the scraper in a color, the 2005-2006 classic scraper, the small mix n scraper, the dessert plates, the mix n masher, and the stainless double balloon whisk.
SusanBP0129
What items do you think will be discontinued? and/or which ones do you WANT to be discontinued?

The Tiles Paper Napkins. Haven't even had a hint of interest on them!

I hope the silicone oven mitt is discontinued. Soooooo not thrilled with it.

Ice cream sandwhich maker... why do people want this?
I don't see the skewer set sticking around long..they are nice, but I don't think people really want a chef's hat on their shish kabob skewers...
I want them to make the Silicone oven mitt as thick as the hot pad/trivet.

They need to come back with the stoneware lid/bowl i've had two people in the past week wanting it!

I completly forgot we had the napkins...lol I guess they should go. I use the ice cream sandwich maker for making hamburgers when we are gilling out. The best thing about making them this way is they evenly cook so the ends don't dry out.

I think that the tiles runner/placemat may go, I have not had anybody order these at all.

I agree on the napkins. I think maybe the cranberry linens too. They just seem too pricey, plus they are "holiday" so they'll probably be gone for spring colors.

And of course, I'm sure all the fall color items will go.

I'm not a big fan of the holiday colors, I like bright. I loved the spring colors. They do away w/ these colors, I just hope they don't come out with some dorky colors!!

I agree with the tiles napkins! Not one person has purchased these!:rolleyes: I used the free ones that I got with the sellathon for my customer appreciation night and nobody said anything about them. I was hoping to strum up some biz with them but maybe people didn't know that they were ours!:confused:

I totally agree on the napkins! I also hate the deluxe cheese grater, silicone oven mitt, lift & serve thing, BBQ basting bottle and cake stencils.For what I want to see-
HWC pink towels again
HWC products I can announce with a straight faceEvery spring they have been doing one type of scraper in a color, this year I hope it is the skinny scraper!!
2005- Classic scraper in tangerine, lemon or lime
2006- Small Mix n' scraper in turquoise, sea green, or aquamarine

gilliandanielle said:
I also hate the deluxe cheese grater, silicone oven mitt, lift & serve thing,

Alright Gillian, why don't you like the deluxe cheese grater? I LOVE it! I also love the lift & serve. I don't use the serve often but when I do, it's GREAT!!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Alright Gillian, why don't you like the deluxe cheese grater? I LOVE it! I also love the lift & serve. I don't use the serve often but when I do, it's GREAT!!!!:D

I always forget I have the lift & serve! I want the skinny scrapers in colors too!

I really do hope they do away w/ some of the linens and 'entertaining' stuff because NOONE buys it from me..they totally skip over the first few pages of the catalog.

Katie I so agree with you...I have never sold any of the linens. I also don't use the deluxe cheese grater. When I grate parmasan cheese or chocolate I use the microplane. When I grate cheddar cheese I use the UM for it. I would like to see more color for scrapers and maybe TTB

Why don't you guys use the Deluxe Cheese Grater?:eek: Is it because it gets stuck in the drum?:eek: Well, if it does, cut off a chunk, place it in the prep bowl, microwave it for 5-8 seconds (depending on the microwave) and it will bring the oils to the surface for faster and easier grating!!!:D Go do it now! It slides out so FAST!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Why don't you guys use the Deluxe Cheese Grater?:eek: Is it because it gets stuck in the drum?:eek: Well, if it does, cut off a chunk, place it in the prep bowl, microwave it for 5-8 seconds (depending on the microwave) and it will bring the oils to the surface for faster and easier grating!!!:D Go do it now! It slides out so FAST!!!:D

OMG I use my Deluxe Cheese Grater at every show and always sell several with grate containers!

I like mine DCG and used it alot at first but haven't used it in a while. There is nothing in the world like fresh grated parmasean (sp?) cheese!

They should get rid of the Tiles reversible table runner,paper napkins(have not sold one), Dessert Plates, Mix n Masher,Stainless double balloon whisk

I second, third and a millionth the silicone mitt (bring back the good ones), the napkins are useless, and the ice cream sandwich maker.

LMAO!! I am so proud that I want the lift and serve discontinued the day it is backordered. I saw it in Weekly Bites and almost wet myself!!

Kristi- I don't like the deluxe cheese grater because my thumb turns blue running the thing. Also, I always grate cheese with my UM, so it is just an extra thing in my drawer.

ChefNic said:
Ice cream sandwhich maker... why do people want this?
I don't see the skewer set sticking around long..they are nice, but I don't think people really want a chef's hat on their shish kabob skewers...
I want them to make the Silicone oven mitt as thick as the hot pad/trivet.

They need to come back with the stoneware lid/bowl i've had two people in the past week wanting it!

Don't take away the ice cream sandwich maker... I have sold a boat load of those, and when it was a free item, people couldn't get to $60 fast enough. Plus, my youngest GrD LOVES it. (Yes, I am the cool Grandma!)

For me.. the paper napkins never should have been offered.

We should all unite and burn our napkins in protest!!

gilliandanielle said:
We should all unite and burn our napkins in protest!!
LOL True dat!

O totallly agree with doing away with the napkins and such. I havne't had a single person show any interest in them. The ice cream maker I have but I think I have onlu used it once.

Now that I have a catalog I can get serious:

Tiles (don't freak out, I just haven't sold ONE piece!)
Cran linens
Oil dipping set
Spoon rest (I want a redesign that lays flat)
Mini-whipper (I heard wonders about this and gave it away after I used it)
Cake stencils

And for God's sake I want the vanilla to be available in AK!! We can send a man to the moon (an Alaskan is going on Thurs) but we can't get good vanilla in the last frontier??? WTF??

hormones out.......

gilliandanielle said:
And for God's sake I want the vanilla to be available in AK!! We can send a man to the moon (an Alaskan is going on Thurs) but we can't get good vanilla in the last frontier??? WTF??

hormones out.......

You can't get the vanilla out there?! Lame... :)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0042.gifNow now Gill, calm down, lol.At conference the first thing that popped into my mind when they showed the tiles napkins was Mcdonald's or some gameroom or somewhere's carpet I just can't place where I've seen that friggin carpet, lol. I about fell outta my seat when they unveiled the napkins. Anyway I don't like the tiles anything really, they just don't do it for me.Don't care much for the Ice cream sandwich maker either. I hated that they d/c'd the lid/bowl also, so I purchased a bunch of them for christmas presents this year, I figured since I LOVE mine so much I wanted my family to know why.

I like the idea of an oil dipping set, but I'm not in love with our design. The petite squares work just as well, so I'd rather a design of a bottle to match those.

I like most of the tiles, except for the napkins. Never had an order for them.

I don't like table runners. I'd rather they come out with a tablecloth--maybe in a few sizes.

I like the dessert plates, but I think they are too much. My sister didn't want to get them as the past host last Jan, so I got them instead. They look great with the cranberry SA squares.

They need to come out with less expensive products. Most of the stuff they've come out with the last two seasons has been quite pricey & I don't sell much of it.

I want them to redesign the spoon rest so it's one piece. I try to move it to a new spot & it falls apart.

My husband hates the citrus press, but I think it's ok. I find it hard to clean--it always looks stained.

I don't think I've ever sold any stencils. I also don't think I've ever sold any Rosemary Seasoning.

OMG I LOVE the citrus press!!!!

I hope they come out with entertaining pce's that you can afford!! I love some of our items but they are hard sellers because of the price. Take the linens INSANE price as far as I am concerned, and I'm no cheapo:rolleyes:

I love the citrus press too and I sell a ton at the shows where I use it, everyone is amazed at how much juice comes out.

PChefAbey said:
I love the citrus press too and I sell a ton at the shows where I use it, everyone is amazed at how much juice comes out.

I like how it works, but I don't think it looks clean enough when I clean it.

rennea said:
I hope they come out with entertaining pce's that you can afford!! I love some of our items but they are hard sellers because of the price. Take the linens INSANE price as far as I am concerned, and I'm no cheapo:rolleyes:

I agree! I LOVE entertaining (bought SA when I was a host) but I think it's too pricey. I don't sell very many besides the small bowls & caddy unless it's to a host.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I don't think I've ever sold any stencils. I also don't think I've ever sold any Rosemary Seasoning.

I've only sold one set of stencils - which the person then returned! So I totally agree on that...
But the Rosemary Seasoning? I would totally freak if they discontinued it! I use it all the time, and sell a ton of it!

letscook04 said:
They should get rid of the Tiles reversible table runner,paper napkins(have not sold one), Dessert Plates, Mix n Masher,Stainless double balloon whisk

The Mix N Masher?!?!?!!? Have you actually used it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I have sold several and the customers all rave about it.

Yeah I wish the citrus press looked cleaner.

I agree...miniwhipper should be a full circle not a semi.

I wouldn't mind stoneware lids coming back but more flat than rounded.

I think we're unanimous on the napkins. I don't even mention them because I can't do it without laughing.

Now am I the only one who loves the silicone mitt? I sell a ton of these and people love them! They are weird to get used to but they always stay clean and that's the best part to me.

I haven't sold any of the stencil sets or dessert plates so those could go in my opinion. I'd also get rid of the suds pump. I know a lot of people probably won't agree with that but I have more people complain about them clogging up and you can get all of these refillable suds pumps out there now that it's not unique anymore.

My list of things that could go away:paper napkins...(what were they thinking??? The HO should give them away for free if anyone buys a Tile SA... )
The tiles SA... I haven't sold ONE... it's ridiculous, $12.00 for the bowl??? No one has bouht one, they say it's pretty, but not even the hosts like it.
The oil dipping set... I use the small squares from the Essentials set and just a bottle of olive oil, works just fine, don't need a different thing to do it with.
Dessert platesI have sold the stencil sets and have used them, but now I can't, they slid between the cabinet and the wall, and my DH says that I have to wait until we rip out the cabinets to get them back! LOL. Since I didn't win the $10k for the kitchen makeover... looks like I will be waiting awhile. :)and Michele, I agree with you on the Suds pump, you can buy them at the grocery store.... so, I haven't sold a one!And here is a thought... if the suds pump is so great, why not give it away with the Lemon Soap and don't put a pump dispenser on the soap? LOL Then people would have the benefit of using less soap, and it'd be PC soap! JUST KIDDING!Oh, the balloon whisk could go too... most people have no idea what they would do with it and I haven't sold one yet.

DebbieJ said:
The Mix N Masher?!?!?!!? Have you actually used it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I have sold several and the customers all rave about it.

No, I've have not tried it, but I will take your word! LOL

jaye said:
The tiles SA... I haven't sold ONE... it's ridiculous, $12.00 for the bowl??? No one has bouht one, they say it's pretty, but not even the hosts like it.

It's ironic....I live in an area of Mi. that has been extremely hard hit by automotive and other manufacturing unemployment - which affects every part of the economy - we have the highest unemployment in the nation, and have been referred to as a "One State Recession", and yet, I rarely hear people complain about the cost of SA or any other products for that matter. I wonder why that is? Maybe because in our economy - people become more interested in "Little Luxuries" for their home - since they aren't going out as much? $12 for a bowl that you can use over and over for years isn't much when you consider that alot of restaurants charge that much or more for one entree!
I wasn't crazy about the tiles product when it came out, but I have had hosts who booked just get it for free and 1/2 off! (except for those darn napkins!) I was describing the Tiles SA to one potential host, and I said that the Stripes SA was more classic and traditional, and the Tiles SA was more off-beat, funky and contemporary....she booked on the spot, saying "Oh that's me - I'm off-beat and funky!" (and she is!)

I love the Tiles, but my customers don't seem to... <sigh>

gilliandanielle said:
I totally agree on the napkins! I also hate the deluxe cheese grater, silicone oven mitt, lift & serve thing, BBQ basting bottle and cake stencils.

You don't like the BBQ basting bottle? I sell tons! I have one customer who is using it to make egg rolls. She uses it to brush on the beaten egg because she got tired of biting into bristles.

It's a huge hit in my area.

gilliandanielle said:
Now that I have a catalog I can get serious:

Tiles (don't freak out, I just haven't sold ONE piece!)
Cran linens
Oil dipping set
Spoon rest (I want a redesign that lays flat)
Mini-whipper (I heard wonders about this and gave it away after I used it)
Cake stencils

hormones out.......

Why would you want a spoon rest that lies flat? I hate those. The stuff on my spoon runs down on the handle and gets my hands all icky.

DebbieJ said:

Me, too!!!!!

MicheleC said:
Now am I the only one who loves the silicone mitt? I sell a ton of these and people love them! They are weird to get used to but they always stay clean and that's the best part to me.

No, you're not the only one. I love mine. People are a little scared of it at first, but when I assure them that I take stones out of a 500 degree oven with them, they're interested. When I tell them that I use mine to take corn on the cob out of the boiling water, they're sold. I sell lots, and everyone I've talked to who has bought one from me has told me they LOVE it. It just takes a little courage for them to use it the first time.

BTW, add me to the "let's burn the napkins" group. Maybe that could be a National Conference activity. :D

Last edited:
Regarding the silicone oven mitt.....I have had silicone pot holders that I did not like, because they just felt too stiff to me. Is the oven mitt stiff? I have thought about buying one because I do need an oven mitt - but I don't want it if it is stiff......KWIM??

When I first started I was so timid to even talk about the SA because of the "high" price, but soon after..I realized that most of customers who wanted them were more than willing to pay the prices for them. They love them. And...I find that they always want more...It keeps them re-booking to earn them free or half price. I just wish they could buy the stands and the squares together so they can use it as 1 half price item! Or maybe a halfprice combination. I also do not like the tiles! Most people like them, but want to purchase them for special occasions and the tiles are too funky for that! So I mainly sell the plain white or the stripes. (Stripes colors match more kitchens than the tiles)
I wish they would bring back the old oven mitt. I have had tons of people asking if I can try to find them one. I also wish they would do a tablecloth instead of the table runner...I mean really....the table runner is so expensive and it barely fits a table for two! Who has company over with only a table for two decorated! I have had people say how beautiful the cranberry is and the tassles are nice, but does it come in a larger size? I always feel silly saying no, and never have any suggestions on how to use it.
I'll jump on that burn the napkins bandwagon too!

SusanBP0129 said:
Regarding the silicone oven mitt.....I have had silicone pot holders that I did not like, because they just felt too stiff to me. Is the oven mitt stiff? I have thought about buying one because I do need an oven mitt - but I don't want it if it is stiff......KWIM??

It's not as stiff as the hod pads. It bends with your hand.

Hmmmm.....perhaps I will have to get myself one.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I like the idea of an oil dipping set, but I'm not in love with our design. The petite squares work just as well, so I'd rather a design of a bottle to match those.

I like most of the tiles, except for the napkins. Never had an order for them.

I don't like table runners. I'd rather they come out with a tablecloth--maybe in a few sizes.

I like the dessert plates, but I think they are too much. My sister didn't want to get them as the past host last Jan, so I got them instead. They look great with the cranberry SA squares.

They need to come out with less expensive products. Most of the stuff they've come out with the last two seasons has been quite pricey & I don't sell much of it.

I want them to redesign the spoon rest so it's one piece. I try to move it to a new spot & it falls apart.

My husband hates the citrus press, but I think it's ok. I find it hard to clean--it always looks stained.

I love the Rosemary seasoning.. works so well on chicken.

I love my silicone oven mit; I just wish they had it in another color. I wish they would discontine the egg slicer plus and make a new model. I like the thing; just wish it were redesigned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • ktraceyk
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • nhpegt