• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Benefit: Take a Class in Raleigh/Greensboro NC!

In summary, bedwetting is a common issue that affects many children, even at older ages. Parents often struggle with finding solutions and worry about their child's self-esteem and social interactions. Some helpful strategies include waking the child up to use the bathroom, setting alarms, and seeking medical advice from a urologist. It is also important to understand that bedwetting can run in families and may take longer for some children to outgrow.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Director Benefit - take a classSkillPath Seminars offers the following course:
How to Become a Better Communicator for $149 or if there are 4 who sign up at the same time it's $139 per person.

In this seminar you'll learn...
How you can increase the levels of collaboration and mutual support among team members, co-workers and managers
How to express your ideas in ways that gain the attention, support and respect of others
How to quickly "fit in" with any group of people
How to make an unforgettable, positive first impression on anyone
And much more
Excellent interpersonal communication skills are the most potent career and personal skills you can possess. Learn how to communicate effectively and confidently with these practical and proven techniques and skills that are essential for managers, supervisors, team leaders ... anyone interested in heading for the top!

I am planning to take this class. It is offered in Greensboro on September 20 and in Raleigh on September 21 (both days are 9-4).

Does anyone live in the general Raleigh or Greensboro NC area and interested in taking it with me? It would only be $39 or $49 each if we used our director benefit. I am good either day but the 20th would be better for me. Let me know as soon as you can and pass this along to other directors you may know in the area.

I have taken skillpath classes in the past and they were pretty good.

BedwettingAnybody deal with bedwetting in an older child? My son Michael is 7 and still has to wear GoodNites. He wakes up wet everyday. When he was first potty trained at about 3, he didn't wet at night at all. He was dry for probably a year. Then he started wetting the bed and has every since! I'm not super worried yet, but I sure hope it ends soon. I hate having to buy those things but if I don't, I can't keep up on the laundry. It's getting very frustrating.

And for his sake too. Pretty soon, he's going to want to stay at friends houses, etc. He is not bothered by it at all but I just wonder what other kids would think or say.

Ok I don't have any children so I can not talk from experience with that but I know that I wet the bed until I was about 10-12. My mom used to wake me up every night in the middle of the night and make me go to the bathroom...I don't know what finally made me stop (it was probably because I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night anymore)...I know that that is not much help but maybe you can try setting an alarm and waking him up to go.

urbnk8 said:
And for his sake too. Pretty soon, he's going to want to stay at friends houses, etc. He is not bothered by it at all but I just wonder what other kids would think or say.

Just a thought for when this time comes. I saw an advertisement the other day for night time diapers that look like boxer shorts, so, that other kids will not know they have a diaper on. I think they were Pampers or Huggies but I am not sure.

chefheidi2003 said:
Ok I don't have any children so I can not talk from experience with that but I know that I wet the bed until I was about 10-12. My mom used to wake me up every night in the middle of the night and make me go to the bathroom...I don't know what finally made me stop (it was probably because I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night anymore)...I know that that is not much help but maybe you can try setting an alarm and waking him up to go.

I used to wet the bed at that age too, and my grandmother ( she lived with us at the time ), woke me up in the middle of the night and made me go to the bathroom. That was the ONLY thing that made me stop!! My 5 year old son will wet the bed sometimes if I don't made him go before bed.

I would wake him up, and it will get him used to that feeling, and pretty soon he will wake up on his own when he feels the urge.

Good luck!

My 17 yo just outgrew it this sumemr, he was trained at 2 and started at 3 when his sister was born, we've done the alarms, waken him up twice a night, had him checked for milk allergies, not let him have much to drink an hour before bedtime, etc.

At this point i would suggest you seek the help of an uroligist to just make sure everything is ok, (they do a sonogram with a full bladder) we had him on a precsription for years which helped some.....

Pullups are not always effective and it is hard on their self esteem. We have traveled to the Bahamas, Hawaii, Disney & taken cruises in the past 7 years where we pack a rubber crib sheet protector to keep the hotel beds dry.

Good Luck it is a hard thing to go thru nightly.

Thanks everyone!

We used alarms on the underwear. As soon as there was a bit of moisture it goes off. But my kids sleep so soundly, we'd have to go in and get them to get up and go to the bathroom. It helped keep the bed dry, but it didn't stop them from wetting.
My older son didn't stop wetting the bed until he started taking his medication for ADHD. He was 9.5 years old. My younger son stopped around the same age w/o being on meds.

My stepson finally stopped wetting the bed when he was 10- last year. Usually bedwetting runs in families (my husbands side in our case) and also sometimes the child's pituatary gland might not be developing at the rate that alot of the other kids are..there's nothing wrong with the child, it just may take a little longer. I have a friend whose daughter is 13 and just stopped wetting the bed, and that's what she was told by her dr. You can put him on medicine TEMPORARILY and that will stop the bedwetting, but that medicine is not to be used long term. Right now I'd say just deal w/ it, give your son some support and make him as comfortable as possible. We also cut off drinks pretty much at dinner time and had him go to the bathroom right before bed. That cut down on things alot. Just make sure he doesn't have drinks, ice cream, popcicles, jello, etc, before bed, at LEAST an hr before he goes to sleep.

classes for DirectorI am totally new to being a Director and with the DS biz. but is there a class schedule a little closer to Ms. that would be alot better for me. I am definitely interested in taking the class. Thanks for the info.

Pam Moore #477698
[email protected]

Just go to skillpath.com to see their schedules. Next month they're going to be in my area - but the cost is $199 and the date doesn't work out for me for the seminar I'd like to take :(

I took a lot of Skill path classes when I was in the Air Force. They are good, and theyoffer a nice variety. They also have lots of material you can buy afterward,:money: in case you want more meat.

You might be able to get on an email list - then you'll know when they are coming to you and if they have any secials, you'd usually get them in the email.

Just a thought. Kimer

I'm new to this, but I noticed that our local community college is offering some great professional development workshops on various topics including leadership, time management, building a team environment, etc. This should be covered right?

amy07 said:
I'm new to this, but I noticed that our local community college is offering some great professional development workshops on various topics including leadership, time management, building a team environment, etc. This should be covered right?

It sounds like it should but I'd check with HO just to be certain.

1. What is the "Director Benefit: Take a Class in Raleigh/Greensboro NC!" offer?

The "Director Benefit: Take a Class in Raleigh/Greensboro NC!" offer is a special perk available to Pampered Chef Directors where they can attend a cooking class in either Raleigh or Greensboro, North Carolina. It is a great opportunity for Directors to learn new cooking techniques and recipes while networking with other Directors.

2. Who is eligible for this offer?

All Pampered Chef Directors are eligible for this offer. This includes anyone who has achieved the Director level or higher in the Pampered Chef compensation plan.

3. How do I sign up for a class?

To sign up for a class, you can contact your Director or the Pampered Chef Home Office. They will be able to provide you with a list of available classes and help you register for the one that best fits your schedule.

4. Is there a cost for this offer?

No, there is no cost for Directors to attend a cooking class through the "Director Benefit: Take a Class in Raleigh/Greensboro NC!" offer. This is a complimentary perk provided by Pampered Chef to our Directors.

5. Can I bring a guest to the class?

Unfortunately, this offer is only available for Directors and is not transferable to guests. However, if you have a friend or family member who is interested in Pampered Chef, they can sign up to become a Director and take advantage of this perk in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mom4angela
Replies