• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did UPS switch to FedEx and then switch back?

In summary, the conversation discusses the different pros and cons of each delivery service. FedEx is seen as having better service, with faster deliveries and 2-day air delivery. However, the one downside is that returns are more complicated than with UPS.
NMmommy
I was telling her how much I missed her. How I wished PC would go back to them. I told her about the Fed Ex guy having my stuff on his truck for 3 days before he brought it to me. She was telling me that they get paid by the box on the ground stuff. She said we will be back. She said Party light switched to Fed Ex and came back to UPS.

I soooooooooo wish that would happen, my last show order was shipped last Thurs. & its been sitting in NJ since Sat morning at like 3:00AM. NEVER updated or anything, so I guess I will get it tomorrow...WooHoo...5 days which used to take UPS 2-3 days.....:(

I can't complain. PC showed a ship date for me of the 14th and fedex showed delivery date est date of 20th. I got here on the 16th so I am a happy camper

Me neither. I have had better and faster service with Fed Ex. Orders get here 2 days after leaving HO when it used to be 5!

I get overnight service from FedEx! We always get 2nd day air in AK (UPS of FedEx) but Fed Ex always delivers a day early. The boxes get picked up and taken to Chicago, then they take a non-stop flight to Anchorage, and my driver picks them up and brings them to me!

I would rather have it take a little longer and pay less- at least I make commission on more if they don't have to save so much of their budget for shipping!

I do miss my UPS driver but I have to say FedEX delivers in 2-3 versus UPS 5-6 days! I LOVE the switch!!!!

I have had such better service with fed ex...it is so nice to get my packages at a decent time during the day and not 5, 6 7pm at night when I am gone half the time.

the other day they delivered my supply order and my 4 year old yelled as he walked off : "thanks pampered chef guy!!" and he just laughed and waved at her! LOL

The only thing I don't like about FedEx is the return policy. I liked that the UPS guys would pick up a package from the house they delivered to or where ever you specify. Now you have to find a FedEx/Kinkos to send it back through. It is a little bit of a hassle. All those people who need to make exchanges now have 1 more reason not to do it.

Chef Kearns said:
The only thing I don't like about FedEx is the return policy. I liked that the UPS guys would pick up a package from the house they delivered to or where ever you specify. Now you have to find a FedEx/Kinkos to send it back through. It is a little bit of a hassle. All those people who need to make exchanges now have 1 more reason not to do it.
No, you can request a pick-up and they will come and get it. (I think this might just be in the first 30 days though)

pamperedlinda said:
No, you can request a pick-up and they will come and get it. (I think this might just be in the first 30 days though)

Which would actually be the same as UPS.....wouldn't it?

Chef Kearns said:
I just had a host request a return. They came by with in 2 days and the pkg. was back to PC. I love Fed-ex:D Super Fast and Earlier in the day like Jessica said. No more waiting until 8:30pm to find that the UPS guy forgot to stop by and wait through the weekend:(

ChefBeckyD said:
Which would actually be the same as UPS.....wouldn't it?
I belive that would be a yes.

I haven't had any trouble so far. I actually get Fed Ex a day earlier than I did with UPS.

Hmmmm...every time I've had a return so far they tell me to have my hosts take the package to a FedEx/Kinkos. They didn't mention the home pick-up option. I never read that little pamphlet though. The one that came out when they made the switch. I may have learned that there. Oh well.

Okay missed the "in the 1st 30 days part". I guess I'll have to try it and see!

NMmommy said:
I was telling her how much I missed her. How I wished PC would go back to them. I told her about the Fed Ex guy having my stuff on his truck for 3 days before he brought it to me. She was telling me that they get paid by the box on the ground stuff. She said we will be back. She said Party light switched to Fed Ex and came back to UPS.
Wishful thinking.

These decisions are all made on a much higher level than any of us (not to mention, those behind the wheel) are on.

I love my FedEx guy! I told him about some of the issues that I happened with other consultants. He said they have been told that all Pampered Chef deliveries are their top priority. And...every time there is a complaint it is $182 or $187 out of his pocket! Wow! That would hurt! I am sure it would have to be their fault before they would have to pay up. He said he hasn't heard anything negative so far. They are independent contractors and apparently FedEx wants PC happy.

Also, if we went back to UPS can you imagine how much it would cost for shipping? Their main hub is here in Louisville. It would be great for the city but not for us as consultants.

A consultant in my downline works for them. She said costs have gone up because all of the unions were/are up for renegotiations. She thinks they will still climb higher.

It is taking more time for deliveries. But no more than it did a few years ago. UPS did spoil us lately with practically overnight shipping. It would make good business sense to have us wanting them back.

I do miss my UPS man. I miss getting packages in two days. I really don't want to miss $4 shipping.

1. What is "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today"?

"I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" is a popular cookbook offered by Pampered Chef. It features easy and delicious recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes.

2. Who is the author of "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today"?

The author of "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" is Pampered Chef's own executive chef, Rick Rodgers. He has over 25 years of experience in the culinary industry and has written numerous cookbooks.

3. Are the ingredients in "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes of "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" are commonly found in most grocery stores. They are also affordable and can be easily substituted if needed.

4. Are the recipes in "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" suitable for beginners?

Definitely! "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" is designed for busy individuals who want to make quick and delicious meals without any complicated techniques. The recipes are easy to follow and perfect for beginners.

5. Can I purchase "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" online?

Yes, "I Talked to My Ups Lady Today" can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available on major online retailers such as Amazon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
cookinmama
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat