• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Mesa County Sheriff's Department mishandle Paige Birgfeld's case?

In summary, Frank J. Birgfeld, the father of Paige Birgfeld, wrote a letter to the editor of the Grand Junction Sentinel this morning calling out a double standard in Grand Junction. Sheriff Stan Hilkey refused Birgfeld's request for an investigation into money missing amid the criminal investigation of his daughter, Paige Birgfeld. The Grand Junction Sentinel applauded Camper's review of police culture after allegations of domestic violence and a suspicion of rape surfaced, while neglecting to mention Hilkey's refusal to do likewise in Birgfeld's case.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The Grand Junction Sentinel published a letter to the editor from Paige's father this morning, calling out a double standard in Grand Junction.

Link: Grand Junction Daily Sentinel

The letter:

Where’s the support for Birgfeld’s claim?

"The Daily Sentinel’s Feb. 3 editorial applauds Grand Junction Police Chief John Camper’s action of seeking an external review of police culture after allegations of domestic violence by an officer and a suspicion of rape by another surfaced. The editorial noted that 'he hasn’t tried to avoid tough questions or hide what was taking place.'

"Compare that with the May 15, 2009, editorial, which condescendingly trivialized my request of the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department to probe into money missing amid the criminal investigation of my disappeared daughter, Paige Birgfeld.

"It became immediately evident that Paige was handling thousands of dollars away from bank accounts, in one instance $80,000. I promptly reported this to the Sheriff’s Department and searched, but found no money. About a year later, the CBS News show 48 Hours said 'a contact close to the investigation reported investigators recovered a large amount of cash from her residence — tens of thousands of dollars.' CBS News assured me that this source is absolutely reliable.

"Sheriff Stan Hilkey refused my request for an investigation. Without taking easy steps of verifying what I saw as to the money or speaking with CBS News, he said nothing further was needed, since there was no money reported on the department’s 'evidence/property report forms.'

"Then, after I made the same request of the FBI Public Corruption Unit months later, he, in grand politician form, said that he’d 'welcome and encourage such an investigation.'

"This isn’t so much about the money. It’s about tampering with evidence in a homicide investigation and obstructing justice.

"Now compare this newspaper’s applause for Camper’s review on two domestic violence incidents versus Hilkey’s refusal to do likewise in Paige’s case.

"If there’s a dirty cop, has he done it before? Will he in future cases? Nevertheless, the editor in May said, 'the FBI shouldn’t spend too much time on this.'

FRANK J. BIRGFELD Centennial"

Thanks KG! Your devotion and persistance is just so special. Thanks!

Wow. I do hope justice is served for that family.

Finding the rumored cash would sure be great for Paige's kids' college fund, wouldn't it?

Oh My YES! That would be so wonderful. I pray for justice also.

I can not imagine the heavy heart Frank, Susan and their family have. This angers me that there is already someone out there that knows what happened to Paige and now those that are on the case have further violated this family? It makes me sick. How do these people sleep at night or better yet, call themselves part of the human race? Thanks for letting me vent.

Good for Frank. This family is in my prayers. I can't imagine their pain.

Once again, Rae has stated my thoughts exactly. :)

Same here. Thanks Rae. (Actually, I'm afraid I'm having some thoughts that Rae may be much too kind and gracious to have.)

I was just thinking that if you're having thoughts like mine (except in this very special case) you should be afraid. Be very afraid. ;)

1. Who is Paige's father?

Paige's father is a man named John who has been working for Pampered Chef for over 10 years.

2. What is "Paige's Father Speaks Out" about?

"Paige's Father Speaks Out" is a blog post written by John about his experience working for Pampered Chef and his thoughts on the company's values and mission.

3. What does Paige's father say about Pampered Chef?

In the blog post, Paige's father shares his positive experiences working for Pampered Chef and praises the company's commitment to providing high-quality products and empowering its consultants.

4. How can I read "Paige's Father Speaks Out"?

"Paige's Father Speaks Out" can be found on the Pampered Chef blog or by searching for the title on any search engine. It is also shared on Pampered Chef's social media pages.

5. Is "Paige's Father Speaks Out" a sponsored post?

No, "Paige's Father Speaks Out" is not a sponsored post. It is written by John as a personal reflection on his experience working for Pampered Chef and is not influenced by any outside parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy