• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did S/H Increase? Examining the Latest Changes | TIA

In summary, PC announced that shipping prices would be increased by 25 cents, but this is only on the first order of each month. There were also price increases on 98 products.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I have been looking through the threads and didn't see it anywhere. So, I will just ask, did s/h go up? If so, to what?

TIA

yes.... I was told it was increased by .25$

Of course I was not at NC so I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. But my sources are excellent.

etteluap70PC said:
yes.... I was told it was increased by .25$

I didn't think that was bad at all considering how much postage and such has gone up!

Exactly..... It could have been much worse. For a minute I thought they would go to a % but nope...

Thank you!

Again PC impresses me. I just love this company. .25 is nothing. :)

yeah and PC once again ate the product production cost increase on 19 (or so) products!

I Love this company!

etteluap70PC said:
yeah and PC once again ate the product production cost increase on 19 (or so) products!

I Love this company!

More than that! There was price increases on 98 products!!:eek: PC is absorbing the cost on all but 31! What a great company!

KellyTheChef said:
I didn't think that was bad at all considering how much postage and such has gone up!

I was bracing myself for up to $5.00 or more and when they announced it was only going up 25 cents, I just about cried from relief! Even still, compared to many of the other DS companies, our shipping fee is extremely reasonable.

PampMomof3 said:
More than that! There was price increases on 98 products!!:eek: PC is absorbing the cost on all but 31! What a great company!

Thanks for correcting me Kristi! That's what I get for not looking at my notes!

etteluap70PC said:
Thanks for correcting me Kristi! That's what I get for not looking at my notes!

No problem! I wasn't trying to correct you but I'm SHOCKED on how many products are not increasing!

That increase (25¢) is on every shipping cost. So our first supply order each month will be 4.25. And direct shipping prices will start at 6.25, etc.Not bad at all! I was prepared for show shipping to go up to $5.

chefann said:
That increase (25¢) is on every shipping cost. So our first supply order each month will be 4.25. And direct shipping prices will start at 6.25, etc.

Not bad at all! I was prepared for show shipping to go up to $5.

So was I!

Those of us who were in Wave One experienced Marla's nervousness when she came out to tell us about price increases, and the Chillzanne being discontinued.
She was visibly nervous, and I really thought she was going to cry - I'm sure it wasn't fun being the bearer of bad news!

You could also watch her anxiety turn to relief quickly when everyone actually CHEERED the shipping price increase. I think we were all holding our breath, thinking it would be way more - and when she announced it was going to be only .25, the whole auditorium let out a loud cheer!

Yes, the applauding and cheering was funny....and note that this is going up due to NEXT YEAR'S contract going up. They have to change it on a selling season and had to do it in Sept. vs. March.I KNEW they'd have pretty good bargaining power with the volume, etc.However, this also means for the FedEx haters that you're stuck for another year. ;)I think our service is pretty good with FedEx though and they will be testing additional sorts out of HO to improve shipping time.You have to give everyone at HO kudos for doing all they can to save and keep things stable.

To be completely frank here, I asked about that. It was due to the amount of complaints we sent that HO had negotiating power. There were tons of them by the way. Thank goodness we are a vocal group! And get this, it was HO's IT department that came up with the new program making it possible for us to give delivery instructions to the drives when they scan the bar codes. Personally, I do not believe anyone at FedEx has the brains to blow their noses by themselves let alone come up with a program like that!

ROFL John - FedEx is one of our clients at my daytime job - are you sure you don't work on their account? ;) We've had to create new programs at our company b/c of FedEx, too. All you have to do is say the word "FedEx" and people roll their eyes!!!

Don't hold back, John!

He-he - having worked with FedEx on their shipping software many times...I had to audibly chuckle on that one!

Hey did you hear that FedEx and UPS might merge?They plan on calling the company:
Fed-UP

ROFLMAO Janet!!!! That's a great one - I'm going to have to tell that one at work tomorrow (they probably invented it, tho!)! LOL!! :D

Wow - sorry to hear about all of your FedEx problems. I am shocked. I have loved our FEDEX deliveries over US POSTAL & UPS for yrs in my own business and PC business. I feel lucky now! I never go to other DS 'parties'. Does the order get shipped to the host in other companies? I think that is why ours is so low. You can buy a set of paring knives or hundreds of dolars in product and have that same shipping cost. That's not all that fair. Whatever works. I love PC!!!

I used to have a lot of people complain about shipping but lately I have been saying that the host gets her's free and that everyone else pays only $4 shipping to the host's house. I then tell them that it costs me $4.80 to send a host packet and that's just 3 catalogs and a few pieces of paper and they're getting a deal since they can buy the whole catalog and still just pay that $4. I also say that for slightly more they can get it shipped directly to their own home. I have not had any complaints about shipping since that.

I know - it's gonna be $4.25 but that's September and this is what I say now. It's still a good deal for them!

It doesn't matter how much or how little the shipping costs are, I have two customers that continually complain about it... one is DH's cousin, so I can't say anything because she is family.:grumpy:

I was doing a fundraiser for someone from work for a program her family is involved with. One of her aunts had over a $100 order, but when she saw the shipping and sales tax charges, she cancelled the whole thing. She said that her other PC consultant NEVER charged her shipping or tax.:confused: Of course, I could never get a name of this other consultant. But all I could think of with this aunt was that I was actually kind of glad that she cancelled her order because she is one customer that I would not want to deal with if anything was wrong.

PampMomof3 said:

I thought this was amazing too!
Bummed about the chillzanne though; can't believe how much that went up...hope they can find something comparable next year.

1. Did shipping and handling fees increase recently?

Yes, shipping and handling fees for Pampered Chef products have increased as of January 2021. This change was made to better reflect the current costs of shipping and handling.

2. How much is the new shipping and handling fee?

The new shipping and handling fee varies depending on the total cost of your order and your shipping address. You can find the exact fee for your order at checkout.

3. Are there any ways to lower the shipping and handling fee?

Yes, you can lower the shipping and handling fee by taking advantage of our free shipping promotions or by becoming a Pampered Chef Insider and getting free shipping on all orders over $75.

4. Does the shipping and handling fee apply to all products?

Yes, the shipping and handling fee applies to all products, including those purchased through a consultant or at a party. However, some products may have a lower shipping and handling fee due to their size or weight.

5. Can I track my package after it has been shipped?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number via email once your order has been shipped. You can use this tracking number to track the progress of your package on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views